Carnival's MDR and Buffet Desserts: Your Favorites and Least Favorites

thecruiserofships

I think you'd be hard pressed to find almost any cruiser with carnival history that doesn't love the warm chocolate melting cake

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Sorry, not a fan of the WCMC. At all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Favorite in MD used to be WCMC, but last cruise it was just too rich for me, it sucks getting older, stomach can't enjoy what it used to. So now I'm searching for a new favorite.

Lido deck I LOVE the chocolate chip cookies.

Favorite in MD used to be WCMC, but last cruise it was just too rich for me, it sucks getting older, stomach can't enjoy what it used to. So now I'm searching for a new favorite.

Lido deck I LOVE the chocolate chip cookies.

While I like it a lot, I do find it rich as well. I can't eat a whole one. I usually steal bites of my husband's. I found a lot of the desserts on the new menu were not overly sweet, which is nice.

Thanks for the answers about the apple dessert served in the steakhouse - I see there is another person wondering about this. I think I will try that when I go - I agree that the apple dessert in the MDR is kind of hard to eat - the "pastry" part is a bit too crunch - but it tastes good to me. If anyone comes across a pic of this apple dessert from the steakhouse - I'd appreciate if they could post it. Thanks again.

have been on 13 cruises tried alot of different sweets and nothing is good to me,Tastless and Bland to me .

the fruit is best.

also go buy a cake from the stand in the passage way,

take it to your room, there ok.

• 3 months later...

Desserts are my favorite and I am so disappointed to see those silly new American TABLE menus. I hope they NEVER roll them out fleet wide. I count three "new" desserts all based on hazelnuts and I am allergic to them. In the meantime, they have removed three of my favorites.....creme brûlée, Grand Marnier Soufflé, and Bitter and Blanc.

For me there is a standout at lunch, usually served the first full cruise day, it's called an almond Napoleon, it's got black cherries in it, so rich and good! I also like the chocolate buffet, though I see less variety than there used to be. The little dessert sushi made with sweet rice are good!

Cheer up......they will give you some stupid thing made with Nutella to replace it. They are trying very hard to be trendy and I hope it backfires on them. Sorry you did not get your bitter n blanc!

Favorite: Warm Chocolate Melting Cake Close 2nd is the Apple puff pastry

Least favorite: Bitter and Blanc. I was really excited to try it because of comments I had seen here but honestly didn't like it at all.

Desserts are my favorite and I am so disappointed to see those silly new American TABLE menus. I hope they NEVER roll them out fleet wide. I count three "new" desserts all based on hazelnuts and I am allergic to them. In the meantime, they have removed three of my favorites.....creme brûlée, Grand Marnier Soufflé, and Bitter and Blanc.

For me there is a standout at lunch, usually served the first full cruise day, it's called an almond Napoleon, it's got black cherries in it, so rich and good! I also like the chocolate buffet, though I see less variety than there used to be. The little dessert sushi made with sweet rice are good!

We were on Liberty in May with the new menu. They have put back the Creme brûlée and grand mariner soufflé. I had both and they were great. They have not put back the bitter n Blanc. They told us the white chocolate coconut banana pudding was the substitute. It was the worst thing I ate the entire cruise. I took 2 bites and left the rest.

The Nutella tiramisu was not bad, abDD had that. The popcorn blueberry de Creme was edible and that's about it.

Glad to hear there are some good options and they put back two of my standbys! I am not allergic to all nuts for some reason the hazelnuts get me!

I did not used to like any kind of bread pudding.....but I tried the bitter n blanc a few cruises ago and loved it...and when they served lunch in the dining room they did a wonderful cinnamon bread pudding with chant illy cream that was to die for!

Little known secret. The candy you pre order and have sent to your cabin is fantastic. Even my non dessert eating husband indulged.

I'm a dessert fanatic but I've never found anything I really loved on Carnival except the desserts at the specialty restaurants and what we purchased from the bakery inboard.

But it's just as well!