Cost of gym classes?

Marinewife05

Last year it was $10 or $12 plus the gratuity and then the instructor asks for extra tip.... Two years ago they didn't ask for extra but on the sunshine in July both instructors did which I really did not like cause you feel guilty if you don't add extra. I am a fitness instructor and I know how hard they work but it seemed odd to ask for more.

Last year it was $10 or $12 plus the gratuity and then the instructor asks for extra tip.... Two years ago they didn't ask for extra but on the sunshine in July both instructors did which I really did not like cause you feel guilty if you don't add extra. I am a fitness instructor and I know how hard they work but it seemed odd to ask for more.

I can understand - I though that they were salaried. And I thought that salaried positions do not need a tip.

I was not asked for a tip, but I felt like the training (not a class) was worth a tip, so I left one.

Is there a regular weight or machine section? I'm a regular lifter so I really care about is getting a couple days of some circuit training to keep somewhat on my normal schedule.

On the carnival paradise btw...

Yes -- free weights, dumb bells, resistance machines, ellipticals, treadmills, rowing machine

Does anyone know the fee attached to the boot camp and yoga classes offered in the gym?

boot camp was i believe $120 (it might have been $160) but included ALL of the yoga classes, pilates, spin, etc... all group exercise classes. it also included a body composition test thingy as well.

overall, while it was pricey i thought it was well worth it. certainly helped to get me out of bed early and working out everyday so i'd feel like i got my money's worth.

otherwise all classes were $12, and not once did an instructor ask for a gratuity nor expect one.

in reality the instructors were phenomenal and one (who was the spa manager as well) permitted us to use the aerobics area past 10pm and when not in use by other classes so we could use our own videos and do the workouts we typically do at home. it was great, we met some of the crew and became workout buddies with them, they'd wait for us and a small group of us would all work out together to the videos.