Cabin cleanliness after delayed arrival to port...

vanchelle

Has anyone else experienced this as an issue? It's been a long time since we've cruised but I don't remember my last cabin being so dirty. The legend came in late today and we just boarded. I can imagine it being a zoo with the delay of passengers leaving and getting the ship ready for new arrivals. Our cabin beds weren't set up as king per our registration but they'll fix that tonight. The tables and counter are covered in dust...visible dust and stuff on them. Our balcony doors are covered in greasy (sunblock probably) hand and arm prints and the balcony has dirt, ashes and cigarette butts.

Feeling hesitant:< but planning on talking with out steward when our luggage arrives.

Has anyone else experienced this as an issue? It's been a long time since we've cruised but I don't remember my last cabin being so dirty. The legend came in late today and we just boarded. I can imagine it being a zoo with the delay of passengers leaving and getting the ship ready for new arrivals. Our cabin beds weren't set up as king per our registration but they'll fix that tonight. The tables and counter are covered in dust...visible dust and stuff on them. Our balcony doors are covered in greasy (sunblock probably) hand and arm prints and the balcony has dirt, ashes and cigarette butts.

Feeling hesitant:< but planning on talking with out steward when our luggage arrives.

when did they say cabins would be ready?

We had FTTF so our cabin was supposed to be ready. Our luggage isn't here and we've been told that's bc of customs....no biggie. We're hungry so heading to lido to eat:)

When we meet our steward we will ask them to take care of the cleaning.

We had FTTF so our cabin was supposed to be ready. Our luggage isn't here and we've been told that's bc of customs....no biggie. We're hungry so heading to lido to eat:)

When we meet our steward we will ask them to take care of the cleaning.

I believe I would go to guest services and tell them that your room wasn't clean when you went to it and no priority luggage delivery and that you would like your FTTF amount refunded to you. Those are things that you purchased but they failed to deliver.

Please don't get the FTTF refunded or go to the front desk until you've given your steward a chance to take care of things. If he doesn't provide you with what you ask, then go to the front desk and complain. But give the room steward a chance. Also, if you get your money refunded you won't be able to get priority disembarking in places where you have to tender. Just a heads up.:D

I'm not on Legend, but good grief people. The ship is late, the people getting off are late, people are anxious to get on and to their cabins, yet forget the cleaning time has been slashed. If boarding was held back to allow crews to properly clean, then people would complain about that too:eek: As for beds not placed properly, that's not a big deal.

I'm not on Legend, but good grief people. The ship is late, the people getting off are late, people are anxious to get on and to their cabins, yet forget the cleaning time has been slashed. If boarding was held back to allow crews to properly clean, then people would complain about that too:eek: As for beds not placed properly, that's not a big deal.

Sorry but I am not accustomed to being satisfied with paying for services that I don't receive. If I pay for FTTF and then don't have my room ready and luggage delivered early (the main reason I purchased FTTF) then I would want a refund of the amount I paid for that. It doesn't matter if the ship were late and if it was beyond the steward's control or not. The guest paid for something that they didn't receive and should be entitled to a refund of that amount.

No one said to storm the guest services desk yelling and complaining that the steward didn't do their job, just to ask for a refund for services not received.

Sorry but I am not accustomed to being satisfied with paying for services that I don't receive. If I pay for FTTF and then don't have my room ready and luggage delivered early (the main reason I purchased FTTF) then I would want a refund of the amount I paid for that. It doesn't matter if the ship were late and if it was beyond the steward's control or not. The guest paid for something that they didn't receive and should be entitled to a refund of that amount.

No one said to storm the guest services desk yelling and complaining that the steward didn't do their job, just to ask for a refund for services not received.

i agree. no one told the OP to go complaining big time, just stated to go to guest services and explain the situation and to let them know. True, the beds are not an issue, easily fixed. but the OP did pay for the service of having the room ready and the luggage delivered.

Well, excuuuuse me! I see your point if arrival was on schedule. Those stewards are not magicians. I doubt if all passengers even left staterooms at the usual time as they knew they'd arrive late. This was not a usual event.

Well, excuuuuse me! I see your point if arrival was on schedule. Those stewards are not magicians. I doubt if all passengers even left staterooms at the usual time as they knew they'd arrive late. This was not a usual event.

It doesn't matter why it wasn't done, no one is arguing the fact that this isn't a normal circumstance but that doesn't change the fact that a service was paid for that wasn't received and a refund of the amount should be made.

They obviously didn't get early priority boarding, room wasn't clean and no priority luggage delivery which are what you are paying for with FTTF. I wouldn't accept that I gave them $50 and received nothing for it. Maybe you are good with just donating money to a big corporation but I am not.

See post #8

Give the room stewards a break, just because you paid some money extra doesn't mean they have the extra time to accomodate you. If the ship is off schedule that's not their fault. These ships take complaints so seriously, I'd hate to get the poor steward in trouble, give them a chance before you complain.

It doesn't matter why it wasn't done, no one is arguing the fact that this isn't a normal circumstance but that doesn't change the fact that a service was paid for that wasn't received and a refund of the amount should be made.

They obviously didn't get early priority boarding, room wasn't clean and no priority luggage delivery which are what you are paying for with FTTF. I wouldn't accept that I gave them $50 and received nothing for it. Maybe you are good with just donating money to a big corporation but I am not.

You also paid for a cruise that usually has an early arrival time but didn't receive that either. Better go to GS and let them know.

You also paid for a cruise that usually has an early arrival time but didn't receive that either. Better go to GS and let them know.

:rolleyes: Next time you can go to Guest Services and hand them $50 just because and walk away.

No one said to blame the steward for their room not being ready, just to ask for a refund for services that you paid for but didn't receive. Some people are capable of rationally and calmly doing that and that wouldn't mean that the steward would be blamed for anything. No one has said anything about that in this thread.

I totally agree with you.

Give the room stewards a break, just because you paid some money extra doesn't mean they have the extra time to accomodate you. If the ship is off schedule that's not their fault. These ships take complaints so seriously, I'd hate to get the poor steward in trouble, give them a chance before you complain.

Excellent comment. I also agree with you.

I do agree that op should ask for $$ back. Just because the ship docked late, the previous occupants should have been told to vacated the room early and asked to wait elsewhere, ie all public rooms on the ship. Docking late is always a problem, when it happened to me, we were told to be out of our rooms by 9 am. Some did try to hang but were rousted by 9:30. I would assume that if the FTTF rooms were given priority, even a 10:00 am deadline would be enough time for a turnover. Should someone sneak back into their room, security should be called and passengers should be detained in the brig. lol.

I don't know that OP would "qualify" for a refund in full, because FTTF also pays for priority tender and debarking. As those services haven't been affected, guest services may not be willing to refund all or any of the price. Not saying not to try, but just thinking it all through. There are still SOME parts of the service that may be usable and if they give him a full refund now, and he still takes advantage of the other services, he's essentially gotten them for free.

Now why in the world should a passenger give a room steward a break? They are paid to do a job. That job needs to be done, regardless of the circumstance. In this case the job was not completed. The Steward "failed" at his job. It is their fault. Workers need not make excuses for a poor performance. The passenger has every right to expect the performance they paid for. A refund is due. Carnival will deal with the steward in any way they feel fit to. Which of course is not a passengers business to be concerned with the employment or performance policies of the business.

Now why in the world should a passenger give a room steward a break? They are paid to do a job. That job needs to be done, regardless of the circumstance. In this case the job was not completed. The Steward "failed" at his job. It is their fault. Workers need not make excuses for a poor performance. The passenger has every right to expect the performance they paid for. A refund is due. Carnival will deal with the steward in any way they feel fit to. Which of course is not a passengers business to be concerned with the employment or performance policies of the business.

You can't be serious... You not only think they're entitled to a refund, but want the steward to be disciplined for it as well? Wow. :rolleyes:

Guess he should have summoned his magic powers to clean twice as fast as normal without sacrificing any of the quality. This isn't Cinderella... what you're asking is impossible, no matter how entitled you may feel.