Cabin cleanliness after delayed arrival to port...

vanchelle

What is FTTF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FTTF = Faster To The Fun It is sold for $49.95 per cabin and gives you priority embarkation, your cabin ready when you board, priority luggage delivery, priority tender boarding, and special guest services line. It is sold as an excursion.

I'm curious. How would you feel if this didn't involve cruising or CCL or room stewards? If this whole situation were about some other service industry. If you paid a premium for a service and the business failed to provide the service, would you (the collective you) still feel the same? Would you care where the failure originated? Or how the company handled it's internal employee relations?

For example I think most can relate to. You send a package overnight and delivery time is promised by noon. The package does not arrive until 5pm. Do you shrug it off? After all it did get there the next day. Or do you ask for a refund because you paid to have it there by noon and it didn't get there till 5? Would you care why it didn't get there on time? Or if an employee was or was not disciplined as a result?

Things happen. If there are extenuating circumstances that explain the issue, who cares? Anyone who has had to work with the public knows that sometimes there are things beyond your control that affect your ability to appropriately provide all services in a timely and/or quality fashion. So yes, some people DO care what happens to others...although after lurking for a few months, I've noticed many CC members are not among them. Being empathetic is easy. If your boss said "Do just as much work in half the time," then reprimanded you because a customer complained that you made a (correctable) error...how would you feel? It's amazing to me that so few people care about anyone but themselves. It has nothing to do with cruises or Carnival, just common courtesy, IMO.

Plus, that example doesn't really work... FTTF is a multi-part service, unlike mail delievery. If the priority tendering etc are provided, then only a partial refund would be in order. Sorta like going out to dinner and your dessert is bad....they wouldn't comp you & your date's entire meal, would they? :rolleyes:

I think that the person did receive priority embarkation. Did they not check in at the FTTF line? Were they not let in the FTTF line behind Platinum and other VIP guests?

I don't think Carnival gives you an exact time for that? Perhaps they do. My understanding is simply that you will be given priority before other guests and that was delivered. Late ship not withstanding.

Also as far as the luggage, having JUST arrived on the ship, I believe they also allow a two hour window for that as well, so that time may also not be elapsed yet. We don't know. Even if a time is given for that and the ship does arrive late then common sense says luggage will not arrive right away. If you want to split hairs then go and demand a portion of your FTTF back!

As far as the dirty cabin, yes I would say something to either the steward or guest services. Whichever you prefer. There is no excuse for that. Having FTTF makes no difference in this situation.

Things happen. If there are extenuating circumstances that explain the issue, who cares? Anyone who has had to work with the public knows that sometimes there are things beyond your control that affect your ability to appropriately provide all services in a timely and/or quality fashion. So yes, some people DO care what happens to others...although after lurking for a few months, I've noticed many CC members are not among them. Being empathetic is easy. If your boss said "Do just as much work in half the time," then reprimanded you because a customer complained that you made a (correctable) error...how would you feel? It's amazing to me that so few people care about anyone but themselves. It has nothing to do with cruises or Carnival, just common courtesy, IMO.

Plus, that example doesn't really work... FTTF is a multi-part service, unlike mail delievery. If the priority tendering etc are provided, then only a partial refund would be in order. Sorta like going out to dinner and your dessert is bad....they wouldn't comp you & your date's entire meal, would they? :rolleyes:

I see your point and actually agree with you on the partial refund. And maybe my package delivery example wasn't the best, just the best I could think of. :p

But I think having empathy for a fellow human being is one thing, getting what you pay for is another. I can empathize with the guy on the truck who blew a tire and spent 2 hours waiting for the companies approved provider to get there and get him back on the road. I empathize with him having to work harder the rest of the day to get the job done. I feel bad for the guy and hold no ill will toward him. But it doesn't change the fact the "company" didn't provide the service I paid for.

How do you know they only had half the time to clean the rooms? Yes the ship got in late but the new pax also got on late.:confused:

Bill

I think a pax has a right to expect a clean room. There is no excuse for the room to be dirty. If corners were cut and surfaces weren't disinfected an entire ship gets put at risk. Dust indicates little attempt to clean. Guest services will see the room gets properly cleaned. If your hotel room surfaces were dirty would you be comfortable placing your items on them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

How do you know they only had half the time to clean the rooms? Yes the ship got in late but the new pax also got on late.:confused:

Bill

Passengers were allowed to stay in their cabins due to the delay. You can't clean a cabin if it's still occupied by the current passengers.

Passengers were allowed to stay in their cabins due to the delay. You can't clean a cabin if it's still occupied by the current passengers.

Then that would be on Carnival if they made the decision to let folks stay in their rooms. It would seem to me that they should have had them leave their rooms early (not as early as usual) so the stewards could get their work done. But they did not so it is on Carnival, not the stewards.

This is more of a Carnival issue than a steward issue and Carnival should make it right for the folks that have FTTF. BTW - no where on here did I see anyone say to storm the Guest Services and raise you know what. But, GS does need to know that the rooms were not ready and that is not right.

Wowzer !! Lots of action while I was away!!

I didn't have internet otherwise I would have reviewed and replied sooner. The ship arrived about 4 hrs prior to our boarding. We stood in the main line for an hour outside, and were initially told no FTTF bc of the fog delay. Then they called priority and FTTF guests to a differnt line so we were onboard at 315. Ship sailed just after 7 pm. Out luggage didn't arrive until after 530 but customs was really backed up with the amount of delayed pax off then on.

So as I mentioned the surfaces were really dusty and there was a sticky drink ring on bedside table. I really do think them allowing pax to stay in room later allowed little time for steward to take care of business. I would hope that they are informed of FTTF cabins but I'm unsure. I beleive carnival needs to do this if they don't currently.

The balcony was the main turn off with ashes and cigg butt and body prints:) on the glass. I simply grabbed my Clorox wipes and wiped all surfaces. We didn't have a chance to speak with the steward before lunch next day and the balcony looked MUCH better after the cleaning on Monday. Bed was set up for turn down that evening. My spouse suggested we relax and just see if it self resolved in the morning since it was hectic on Sunday.

We didn't feel the need to go to guest services though we didn't see much value in the FTTF -we essentially did get to board early but obviously the fog made it so it was still significantly later than normal. We did use the FTTF guest services line and priority tender in grand cayman so we got some use of it.

I'm not sure I would pay for FTTF in future unless we have many ports that required tender.

It's unfortunate the cruisers prior to this one were also disappointed with state of shop after dry dock. Other than our initial cleanliness and luggage issues the rest of the cruise was mostly good-witch I casual moments of great and just ok mixed in:)

I'm not on Legend, but good grief people. The ship is late, the people getting off are late, people are anxious to get on and to their cabins, yet forget the cleaning time has been slashed. If boarding was held back to allow crews to properly clean, then people would complain about that too:eek: As for beds not placed properly, that's not a big deal.

SO you can buy new tires but they don't have to put the lug nuts on??

I'm not sure I would pay for FTTF in future unless we have many ports that required tender.

I would have at least tried to get my money back since Carnival didn't live up to their FTTF. Even if it was due to the weather, still, when you purchase an excursion and the captain decides not to go to that port, you get your excursion money back. It may be too late for you to do anything about it now, but FTTF is not always the best excursion I would purchase. I'm platinum so it will never happen with me. However, I still would have addressed the dirty cabin with my steward.

Edited by elliair

Wait, I think I got this figured out.... You use FTTF to get on before everyone else but room is not ready = refund of FTTF. Ship was late but I went on cruise anyway = free cruise?

Soooo... anyone have a big fog machine I can borrow before my next cruise? I'll teach Carnival to not send me a free cruise voucher.