Enjoy day in St Thomas or St John?

KYWEST1

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some opinions for my upcoming Dream cruise in March. We are in St Thomas from 11:00am to 7:00pm. The last 2 times to St. Thomas, we traveled over to St. John to Trunk Bay. The only time we stayed in St. Thomas was on our honeymoon in 1992. Saw a lot of the island, but it's been 22 years. We are a group of 10 this time (4 adults and 6 kids 14-18). Getting in as late as 11:00am, I wondered if we should just tour St. Thomas for the day instead of the taxi/ferry/taxi and return to St John? The other family has not been to St. Thomas or St. John. I read somewhere that Sapphire Beach was really nice and plenty of other places to go on St Thomas as well. (never been to paradise point). Our opinion of Magens Bay was that it was overrated and we just LOVED Trunk Bay. I'm welcoming everyone's 2 cents since I am a very indecisive person, and the rest of the group says it doesn't matter to them. So......WWYD?

We would stay on STT with just 6 - 7 hrs or so of useable time, and one of the East End beaches would be our choice followed by a stop at PP if time permitted.

I didn't realize you were such a large group when comparing Sapphire to the beaches of STJ for you in the other thread. So with no rentals or public restrooms currently available your group probably would not want Sapphire. I assume you want amenities like restrooms and chairs, is that correct? It is unfortunate these facilities aren't currently available as Sapphire would normally be the first choice for comparison to Trunk.

We too feel that Magens lacks the "character" of other beaches on STT and there are better choices but just our opinion. The thread with the descriptions can give you a feel for each beach, but briefly both Coki and SH are in very small bays, Coki has the gorgeous sand and water but gets crowded, while SH is dead calm and home to a condo resort with limited chairs. Lindbergh is easier but you would be disappointed I think.

Is Sapphire an option?

Paradise Point is a nice spot to relax before returning to the ship, great view of the harbor and a short walk to the ship from the aerial tram.

Edited by blue_water