NCL Port Orlando

luv2gamble

Hi everyone. One of the ports is Orlando. I have been there several times so Im just looking for something to do around the port. Is there anything there to do? Dont want to book excursion, been there, done that?

Since Orlando is in the middle of the state, the port is actually Port Canaveral not Orlando. Around the port you have the Space Center and the beaches in Coco Beach. You can of course take any of a number of shore excursions to Orlando to Disney, Universal, Sea world, etc.

Since Orlando is in the middle of the state, the port is actually Port Canaveral not Orlando. Around the port you have the Space Center and the beaches in Coco Beach. You can of course take any of a number of shore excursions to Orlando to Disney, Universal, Sea world, etc.

That pretty much sums it for you. Orlando is not a port. Port Canaveral is the port and Orlando is an excursion from the port. Orlando is about an hour drive from Port Canaveral.

There are several excursions you can take from Port Canaveral that have nothing to do with Orlando. Or you can take a shuttle Coco Beach and just hang out for a while.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Hi there,

we have been to the Port of Orlando several times while cruising on NCL. I have found a nice little beach that we go to -- Jetty State Park. Get off the ship walk out to where the cabs are and ask the price to go to Jetty State Park Park (cost listed on the window is $2.50 a person) you may have to negoiate the price - they ususally charge $5.00 a person and tell the guy getting the cabs that yes that is really where you want to go.

There is no cost for the beach. There is a consession stand, bathrooms, changing rooms, soveriner shop, playground, fishing gear for rental, beach chairs for rent, a fishig pier. We have seen dolphins, manatee, sea turtles, osprey while there. The beach is level so it is great for kids -- the waves are a nice size for bodyboarding or just playing in.

Off season the consession stand and fishing place close early.

For under $50.00 (less if we do not rent chairs) my DH and I have a great day. NCL pulls in at noon so we have breakfast and then a nice luch while everyone is scrambling to get off the ship. Get to the beach about 1-1:30 spend a couple of hours and head back in time to get ready for dinner.

Sometimes we are lucky to have a balcony room that overlooks the dock. A "fun" thing for us is to sit on the balcony and watch the bedragled passangers return from the theme parks as we are relaxed on our balcony. I am sure they had a great time but man a lot of them look like something the cat dragged in when they get back to the ship.

This actually works great for us because my DH is not a big beach person and he is now on meds that say to stay out of the sun. I get mine time at the beach without the crowds. When you are in the water you can look down the beach and about a mile or so away you can see a packed beach area -- I believe it is CoCo Beach.

I have read on line that Port Canaveral will be building up a market area with vendors along the way to Jetty Park so that will soon be another nice stop.

Of course you can follow the crew and go to Wal-Mart!

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi there,

we have been to the Port of Orlando several times while cruising on NCL. I have found a nice little beach that we go to -- Jetty State Park. Get off the ship walk out to where the cabs are and ask the price to go to Jetty State Park Park (cost listed on the window is $2.50 a person) you may have to negoiate the price - they ususally charge $5.00 a person and tell the guy getting the cabs that yes that is really where you want to go.

There is no cost for the beach. There is a consession stand, bathrooms, changing rooms, soveriner shop, playground, fishing gear for rental, beach chairs for rent, a fishig pier. We have seen dolphins, manatee, sea turtles, osprey while there. The beach is level so it is great for kids -- the waves are a nice size for bodyboarding or just playing in.

Off season the consession stand and fishing place close early.

For under $50.00 (less if we do not rent chairs) my DH and I have a great day. NCL pulls in at noon so we have breakfast and then a nice luch while everyone is scrambling to get off the ship. Get to the beach about 1-1:30 spend a couple of hours and head back in time to get ready for dinner.

Sometimes we are lucky to have a balcony room that overlooks the dock. A "fun" thing for us is to sit on the balcony and watch the bedragled passangers return from the theme parks as we are relaxed on our balcony. I am sure they had a great time but man a lot of them look like something the cat dragged in when they get back to the ship.

This actually works great for us because my DH is not a big beach person and he is now on meds that say to stay out of the sun. I get mine time at the beach without the crowds. When you are in the water you can look down the beach and about a mile or so away you can see a packed beach area -- I believe it is CoCo Beach.

I have read on line that Port Canaveral will be building up a market area with vendors along the way to Jetty Park so that will soon be another nice stop.

Of course you can follow the crew and go to Wal-Mart!

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for your help. Sounds like a nice plan. Not really much of a beach person like your DH. So, a few hours there is perfect. :)