Nachi Cocum vs Passion Island….

Lily429

our 2 choices for Cozumel are Nachi Cocum and Passion Island…both look appealing. Nachi offers unlimited drinks :) and good food, from the looks of pictures the beach looks nice, but that depends on weather, plus pool and toys. All in all a nice day but I hate taking cabs, not sure why, I just do. For this reason I am contemplating Passion Island to avoid the cab and ride the cat, much nicer IMO. My dilemma, it appears only one drink is included in the passion Island package, if this is the case, can you buy more and how much do they cost? I have a budget as we are planning excursions on 3 of the 4 port days….it adds up for a family of 3 (can't imagine the costs for you guys with big families). Snorkeling would be a bonus but not necessary as we are going to Belize and Roatan for snorkeling. Two important factors we must consider, cocktails/beer, we like our drinks, so if we have to factor this extra cost in it could affect the budget. The other is the water, DD does not like the sea grass, I know this can be an issue anywhere, depending on the weather….so the pool at Nachi is a good plus for DD if this is the case. Would anyone that has had the experience of either or both care to comment?

At $6-7 per drink (margarita, etc.) and $4-5 per beer, plus $2 per water/soda, plus food, you can easily exceed Nachi's $55 AI fee at other beach clubs. Never been to Passion Island but it would be had to find a prettier or more relaxing place than Nachi. Good luck! :)

At $6-7 per drink (margarita, etc.) and $4-5 per beer, plus $2 per water/soda, plus food, you can easily exceed Nachi's $55 AI fee at other beach clubs. Never been to Passion Island but it would be had to find a prettier or more relaxing place than Nachi. Good luck! :)

the best part about Nachi is they limit the number of people that can go….considering there are upwards of 5 ships in port that day I can imagine Passion Island will be packed! Although it looks amazing I really dislike being limited to the cruise timeline….done the herding thing before and I know how much time gets wasted on being with a large group. Can you share you experience at Nachi? How was the water?

our 2 choices for Cozumel are Nachi Cocum and Passion Island…both look appealing. Nachi offers unlimited drinks :) and good food, from the looks of pictures the beach looks nice, but that depends on weather,They aren't that far apart, so if Nachi has stirred up water, so will Isla Passion. plus pool and toys. All in all a nice day but I hate taking cabs, not sure why, I just do. For this reason I am contemplating Passion Island to avoid the cab and ride the cat, much nicer IMO. My dilemma, it appears only one drink is included in the passion Island package, if this is the case, can you buy more and how much do they cost? I have a budget as we are planning excursions on 3 of the 4 port days….it adds up for a family of 3 (can't imagine the costs for you guys with big families). Snorkeling would be a bonus but not necessary as we are going to Belize and Roatan for snorkeling. Snorkeling at Nachi is poor, due to it being a sandy beach, with no sea grass (except after a storm)or reef for the fish to hide in. Better snorkeling at Chankanaab or Money bar if snorkeling from shore is that important. Nachi does offer a 2 reef snorkel for $35, that is good. Not as good as Roatan or Belize though.Two important factors we must consider, cocktails/beer, we like our drinks, so if we have to factor this extra cost in it could affect the budget. The other is the water, DD does not like the sea grass, I know this can be an issue anywhere, depending on the weather….so the pool at Nachi is a good plus for DD if this is the case. Like I said, 5 times at Nachi, zero sea grass. (but have read it blows onto shore with storms) Nachi's pool is GREAT.Would anyone that has had the experience of either or both care to comment?

Also cab ride is about 15 minutes from Puerto Maya pier (Carnival) or International Pier ( RCCL) another 5 minutes from Punta Langosta pier (NCL) in town.

This map shows all the beach clubs and their relation to the 3 piers.

(Passion Island in the cove at the top of map, Nachi down on the left)

cozumelmap_zpse1be2215.jpg

Hope that helps a little.

Edited by bguppies

thanks bguppies…I just ran across some older posts you commented on, I am leaning heavily on Nachi….we went to Paradise one time and it sucked, for many reasons! The water was stirred up that day, a storm had just moved through, amongst other things it just wasn't a good experience. I think the pool and the limit on people allowed in are swaying my decision….looks much more peaceful than Passion Island.

thanks bguppies…I just ran across some older posts you commented on, I am leaning heavily on Nachi….we went to Paradise one time and it sucked, for many reasons! The water was stirred up that day, a storm had just moved through, amongst other things it just wasn't a good experience. I think the pool and the limit on people allowed in are swaying my decision….looks much more peaceful than Passion Island.

Yeah everybody weighs their decision to spend $55 at Nachi on the all you can drink.

To me, I would pay that for the 100 person limit, each and everytime. (the food and drink is just a bonus to me)

We will be back to Nachi in a little over a month.

Edited by bguppies

I have been to both of these places. I would go back to both of them. Passion Island is the most beautiful place I have ever been. The ride to get there is time consuming. (I want as much beach time as possible.) Although, the Twister boat was very fun.

Nachi is also beautiful. I really liked it beacuse it was closer. The pool was also very refreshing. I thought the food at Nachi was better. The drinks were about the same at both places. The 100 maximum guest thing is great because we have been in Coz when there were 5 ships in port that day. :eek: Yikes that is alot of people. Taxis were not a problem. You let your waiter know 5 to 10 minutes before you leave and they will have one waiting for you.

If you have any specific questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer. Either way you will be on a beach with drinks. Can't go wrong there.:D

Edited by lgbteacher

We have been to Passion Island a few times and have always loved it until our last visit. My DH, DS and myself got very sick after our last visit and surmised that it was either the food or the ice/water. We couldn't leave our cabin and bathroom for the remaining portion of the cruise and we all had to go to the doctor when we arrived home and were given antibiotics. It's a beautiful place but not worth the risk for us to ever go there again. We will try something new when we go in June.

• 4 weeks later...

We were there Thursday and I must say...It was everything I could have hoped for. After doing a little shopping at port, we paid $20 each way (2 of us). We were welcomed by 2 very sweet ladies who took really cute pics of us with sombreros. We were then taken to our little palapa with an unobstructed view of the beach. We were promptly given our drinks and we were never without a drink from that point on (thanks to Carlos). The weather was perfect that day. We never once felt uncomfortable. There were other people there but we never felt crowded. It was a very relaxed atmosphere with a gentle breeze blowing through the palm and coconut trees. The native birds were singing in the background. We were offered different water activities and massages. We opted just to sip margaritas by the sea and swim. When the food came, we were amazed at how much food they brought us. We had nachos and ceviche as appetizers. They also brought us chips and pico de gallo. Our main course was chicken fajitas (possibly the best fajitas that I've ever had) We later ordered dessert ...Strawberry Cheesecake which would rival the best NY cheesecake with the best vanilla ice cream I've ever had in my life. I can't imagine how it could have been any better!! We will be returning (soon I hope)!! This was the highlight of my entire trip!! I highly recommend Nachi!!

I recently did the Passion Island excursion with NCL and was disappointed. The beach itself is beautiful, but the food looks like it has been sitting out for days and the drinks were watered down. Additionally, the food servers do not use gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just back from Cozumel, Mexico...

The last time we were here we took a horseback tour "through the jungle and visited Mayan ruins". Translation: we rode two emaciated horses through the woods and visited a small pile of rocks.

This time we were hoping for better and settled on an all-inclusive resort to chillax.

Since 5 cruise ships were in port (about 10,000 passengers and crew), we booked this one early; and we chose Nachi-Cocom because we wanted to relax and they limit their resort to only 100 visitors per day. The US$55 per person charge includes lounge chairs under a Palapa (natural umbrella), hammocks, all you can drink (open bar including: beer, liquors, cocktails, water, wine, sodas, juices and bottled water), and a 4 course lunch served a la carte at your leisure. Bring towels from ship. Taxi is $16 each way for up to 4 passengers. A 5th passenger is $5 more. (Then it gets ridiculous if you have 6 passengers. 6 - 8 passengers is $32). Nachi Cocom is a nice facility with a beautiful beach. Service was good. Drinks and food were excellent. I also enjoyed a 45 minute massage for $50 plus tip. They have a pool with a swim-up bar, hot tub, and a pier. My wife said she'd like to come back here the next time we're in Cozumel.

Picture: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/nachi-cocom.jpg

More "Secrets of the Caribbean": http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

First-hand information on excursions we've taken in 24 Caribbean ports. With photos!