Captains Club Points

Eleris

5 points for Concierge cabin x 15 days should equal 75 points. Did you pay for a verandah and get an upgrade?

We paid for verandah and took a paid upgrade to concierge about a month before the cruise. Apparently free and "up sell" upgrades are not eligible for any extra points they might generate. I understand it on free upgrades but not so sure when you are paying to upgrade to Concierge even if somewhat discounted. I even commented with the service rep on the phone when we called about the upgrade that the extra credit would be nice too and nothing was said to the contrary.

So we had lots of surprises once we got home. Half the new points (45 instead of 90) and good news, others with 7 credits got a bonus of 30 points but not us.

There's nothing like a promotion that's been screwed up to backfire and cause animosity instead of goodwill. Overall, I applaud the changes because they were necessary, but let's not tell the customer that their next cruise will get them 20% of what they need to get to the next level, then change it to 11.7% after they've paid you money.

That sums it up for me as well. Overall the changes make the program much more equitable based on exact number of days sailed etc. it is just the WAY they implemented it that aggravates me to no end. There was no need for it to be implemented over night. Captains Club person said they couldn't announce it and then have people in suites etc NOT receive the higher rewards right away. If so, have an overlap as I suggested. You get the best of either program for first 90 days. No big deal. They didn't have any problem not giving the enhanced perks to the brand new Elite+ and Zenith members on at least the first cruise after the announcement.

And as someone suggested, I admit to not being loyal to Celebrity. I am loyal to Princess Currently. However we were giving Celebrity a fair trial with thoughts of cruising there quite a bit more in the future but call it what you want, the way they implemented this change sent us back to where we came from. NOT what a loyalty program is supposed to do.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector
Clarification

And as someone suggested, I admit to not being loyal to Celebrity. I am loyal to Princess Currently.

So then why should Celebrity bend over backward to reward you if you admit you are loyal to Princess? This "loyalty" program is focused on the people who actually matter, the people who are LOYAL to Celebrity. Seems as if they did things right after all. Rather than reward the occasional customer, they are rewarding the customers who keep coming back.

I guess you quit reading one sentence too soon.

However we were giving Celebrity a fair trial with thoughts of cruising there quite a bit more in the future

Giving me what I was told by their web site I would get when I booked, paid and then stepped onto the ship is "Celebrity bending over backwards to reward me"?

Obviously I wasn't loyal enough to Princess to NOT look elsewhere. I went to Celebrity on my own, a marketing persons dream. Their loyalty program implementation failed to keep me unfortunately so opportunity lost. A marketing persons nightmare..

I'm not arguing with anyone, just telling it like it is from my point of view.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

I, somehow, wish the OLD system remained in place long enough for me to take just one more cruise!

Under the OLD system, I had 24 points...mostly longer cruises, some suites and Concierge class, etc.

Had I taken just one more cruise under the old system...even a short three night cruise in an inside cabin, I would have been converted straight into Elite Plus in the new system...

But, my 24 old points were converted into 720 new points...

My next scheduled Celebrity cruise, as of now, is a 10 night Quito package on Xpedition. In order to "save" a little money on what is already a fairly expensive trip (close to ten grand), we opted for a lower category cabin. When they first announced the "new" program, this cruise would have only been worth TWO points per night...despite the fact that it costs over twice what our Concierge Class cabin costs for our most recent 13 night cruise on Silhouette!

It appears that they may have now changed this fluke and are awarding more points for these Galapagos cruises, so, this may put us to the next level...

However, let's say, before that cruise (July 2015), we decide to go on a couple of 7 night cruises with Celebrity...We could go on two 7-nighters and, if we try to save a little money (which we may have to start doing now that I MAY be retired) and do them in lesser category cabins than we have traditionally booked, we could do those two cruises--which would have put us at 26 points under the old system--and still not be at Elite Plus level...

Old system with recent conversion: One more short cruise in an inside cabin would have made us instantly Elite Plus...

New system: We might still be three 7-night cruises away!

This is becoming a pet peeve of mine...We are also "Diamond" on Royal Caribbean...On that line, we generally do 7-night cruises...We have 132 points there...When they did the conversion there a while back, they carefully set the numbers so that everyone (I guess, but at least, us) would be some multiple of 7 points PLUS ONE...So, we now need 43 points to get to Diamond Plus...SIX more RCI cruises will leave us one short...

More frustrating part is that people who generally went on short cruises with RCI and, say, piled up ten three nighters under the old system...maybe all bargain off-season cruises in inside cabins...were afforded Diamond status there...and then, were granted reciprocity and granted Elite status with Celebrity--overburdening the Elite lounges, etc. They go on their first Celebrity cruise and are in the same category I am in...

Meanwhile, my points really relate to about 19 old-style points on RCI and 24 old points on Celebrity, a total of 43 points, old style, yet I'm not all that close to Elite Plus under the new system and pretty far away from Diamond Plus on RCI.

Of course, it doesn't really matter all that much to me RIGHT NOW...I like the current Elite perks I get...

HOWEVER, I can see where, in the very near future, now that the new categories have all been established, them lessening the perks for Diamond/Elite--say, removing the drinking lounges/hours for all but the "Plus" categories and merely giving the ordinary Elites and Diamonds a "coupon" for a free drink at the public bars...After all, they've diluted the Elite category with all the reciprocal cases...

JMHO...

I agree with you 100%. We were poised to move up a level to Elite, very shortly under the old system. With the new system it will be quite a few cruises more. But there is a solution. Vote with your wallet and don't go Celebrity again. That's what we're doing because the new point system is really unfair to past Captains Club members. And let them know. If enough cruisers did this they'd have to reinstate the old point system.

I agree with you 100%. We were poised to move up a level to Elite, very shortly under the old system. With the new system it will be quite a few cruises more. But there is a solution. Vote with your wallet and don't go Celebrity again. That's what we're doing because the new point system is really unfair to past Captains Club members. And let them know. If enough cruisers did this they'd have to reinstate the old point system.

Please don't speak for all of us, I'm a past Captain's Club member and think it was handled totally fair. Some of us cruise for the enjoyment of it, not the perks.

Please don't speak for all of us, I'm a past Captain's Club member and think it was handled totally fair. Some of us cruise for the enjoyment of it, not the perks.

And the same for me. I am satisfied that they created a transition that was as fair for as many people as possible. I now need a 7 day cruise in a CC or higher category cabin instead of only a 3 or 4 day in an inside, so it affects me. But, these are free perks, and I'm too mature to get bent out of shape over whether or not I am getting cheated out of free stuff. But, I have never had the "entitlement", "it's all about me", attitude about life. I enjoy what I have, and am thankful that I can cruise as much as I have been able to. The perks are just an extra layer of frosting on an otherwise fantastic cake.

Edited by boogs

Just because you don't cruise for the perks doesn't by default automatically mean that it was (quote) "handled totally fair". It just means that you don't care how it was handled.

Terry

Just because you don't cruise for the perks doesn't by default automatically mean that it was (quote) "handled totally fair". It just means that you don't care how it was handled.

Terry

No, Terry, I don't cruise for the perks. And yes, Terry, I do care how it was handled, as I'm a customer that was affected by the change just like everyone else, but from my perspective, I think they did a great job. It seems, from all the posts on here on the many threads and facebook, that the majority are just fine with the changes and best of all, no one lost any of the status and/or perks they already had (which is what Celebrity promised) and many, many graduated into the new Elite+ and Zenith tier levels and even though I will probably never make Zenith and possibly never make Elite+, good for those people for getting some new perks for being loyal Celebrity customers.

Edited by NLH Arizona

If people left because it became a bit more difficult to earn these "loyalty" perks, they weren't very loyal, now were they? If they took their business elsewhere over such a trivial reason, they didn't deserve those perks in the first place.

The cruise line may not be a charity, but neither are all of us greedy people who demand a few dollars worth of perks or we'll go elsewhere.

Celebrity are dropping the references to calling it a "loyalty" program as it's no longer so much about that. Witness the 9x variation in points awarded for being just as "loyal." So, no, the line is not valuing loyalty now.

As for "deserving" the points, it's only about "earning," not "deserving."

It's just business, as the saying goes.

And some gain enjoyment from the perks.

Otherwise there wouldn't be much point to such perks...

And some gain enjoyment from the perks.

Otherwise there wouldn't be much point to such perks...

Agreed, I will certainly enjoy the Elite perks (well maybe only the laundry and internet) when I get to that level, but I just don't understand why someone would only be cruising for those perks or that these minimal perks would mean so much to them that they would say they would stop cruising on a line that they have always liked, when there is so much more to enjoy about cruising even without them. If they took all the perks away tomorrow, I would still be cruising just like I do now. If you cruise for the perks, that's fine, everyone has their priorities.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Celebrity are dropping the references to calling it a "loyalty" program as it's no longer so much about that. Witness the 9x variation in points awarded for being just as "loyal." So, no, the line is not valuing loyalty now.

As for "deserving" the points, it's only about "earning," not "deserving."

It's just business, as the saying goes.

You make it sound like it's a paycheck owed to you for your patronage based on a contract you signed with the cruise line. It isn't owed to you, and you didn't sign such a contract. These are "enticements", not earned benefits like pensions. Much like a sample offered to you at the supermarket to get you to purchase a product, they offer them to get you to come back. Simple as that. They certainly aren't a form of financial compensation that you think you are owed.

You have your value system all wrong.

Edited by boogs

I have no problems with the conversion they did. We were one point shy of Elite after our last cruise. We are now 35 credits shy of Elite with the new system. We could have taken a short 3 day cruise in an inside and made Elite. Now we must take a 7 day cruise in CC or higher for Elite. I'm not upset. It's a program of FREE perks, and Celebrity doesn't owe them to us, but instead is giving these perks as a BONUS. I'll say that again - a BONUS!! We should all be thankful we get anything at all, instead of being all annoyed because we may have to cruise a bit more to get them. :rolleyes:

Besides, no one lost any perks in the level you were in before the change. If you were Select, you still have the Select perks. You will still enjoy those. You just have to make more of an effort to move up, is all. No big deal - because, after all, it's a BONUS!

I'm with you 100%. I think Celebrity has an amazing loyalty program; so much better than Princess IMO. The way things were going, almost every passenger was going to reach Elite with very little outlay. Folks, be happy with the product, book the cruise and cabin you want and are happy with and any little perks, take as a bonus as stated by Boogs.

I was at first disappointed with the new transition since I had 3 points and already booked a Aqua class for 11 nights for March. Now I wouldn't be select after my next cruise I'd be 5 points short. After a little thought I figured I wasn't really losing anything and moved on.

Celebrity pleasantly surprised me recently. Last year while on board I wanted to book a RCI cruise since I've never been on one. They told me I had to have a Crown and Anchor number in order to book on board so I wasn't allowed to. Planning ahead this time I called a couple weeks ago to ask the Captains club how to receive a Crown and Anchor member number. I explained I'd like to book a RCI cruise for 2015 while on board in March to take advantage of the balcony discount. They told me I'd have to call Crown and Anchor but I wouldn't receive a balcony discount because that's only for Select and above. I thanked them for there help and that was the end of it as far as I was concerned. Then after the call with no notification from Celebrity I was given 60 points to make a total of 150 and upgraded to select. That was an excellent surprise the next time I logged into My Celebrity and now I have a Crown and Anchor number with platinum benefits. They earned some loyalty from me and didn't even inform me so I could thank them.

Ryan

You make it sound like it's a paycheck owed to you for your patronage based on a contract you signed with the cruise line. It isn't owed to you, and you didn't sign such a contract. These are "enticements", not earned benefits like pensions. Much like a sample offered to you at the supermarket to get you to purchase a product, they offer them to get you to come back. Simple as that. They certainly aren't a form of financial compensation that you think you are owed.

You have your value system all wrong.

No, not at all. I stated the reality of what Celebrity have done. You then tried to turn that into my opinion, in some odd attempt to create a strawman.

You have your interpretation all wrong.

No, not at all. I stated the reality of what Celebrity have done. You then tried to turn that into my opinion, in some odd attempt to create a strawman.

You have your interpretation all wrong.

I don't think so. Celebrity never called it a "loyalty" program, so they aren't "dropping" that designator as you claim. They always called it a "rewards" program.

As to your statement: "Witness the 9x variation in points awarded for being just as "loyal." I'm not sure what you are referring to, but I think you are referring to difference in the way points are calculated? If so, the new program levels the bar for everyone. Before, a person could "play" the system and by taking only short cruises could attain Elite status in only 27 days of cruising. For people who cruised on the longer 12 or more night cruises, they had to cruise for 48 days to attain Elite if in the same category stateroom. That was clearly not fair, and made it too easy for people taking those short cruises at the expense of those taking longer cruises.

Now, it is based on the number of days you cruise, plus how much more you are willing to spend on upgraded staterooms. This is more inline with airline rewards programs. On an airline, you gain points for miles flown, and those are increased if you buy a business or first class ticket. Celebrity has made their program very similar to that.

And for your information, I lost out in this transition. I was just 1 point shy of Elite when the program changed. I could have made it with a 3 night cruise in an inside stateroom by earning one more point. Now, I am 35 credits shy of Elite. That 3 night cruise no longer gets me there. Now I must cruise for 18 nights in that inside stateroom, take that 3 night cruise in a Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite, or take a 7 night cruise in a CC or higher category stateroom to make Elite. So, the bar was move further away from me. Fortunately, I understand that this program is a bonus, not an entitlement.

After all, it's just for free stuff. It's not stuff I paid for and is now being denied. So why the big deal? It does appear that most people understand this. But there are still a few that refuse to let it go.

Edited by boogs

I don't think so. Celebrity never called it a "loyalty" program, so they aren't "dropping" that designator as you claim. They always called it a "rewards" program.

Actually they did.

As time progresses, they are removing the vestiges, but even in the transition announcement, they referred to it as a loyalty program: "Celebrity Cruises is excited to announce improvements to its Captain's Club loyalty program."

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/whatsnew/details.do?event_date=2013-11-25&link=%2Fcaptainsclub%2Fwhatsnew%2Fdetails.do%3Fevent_date%3D2013-11-25%26sequence_code%3DA&sequence_code=A

As time goes by, these references will be excised though.

As to your statement: "Witness the 9x variation in points awarded for being just as "loyal." I'm not sure what you are referring to, but I think you are referring to difference in the way points are calculated? If so, the new program levels the bar for everyone. Before, a person could "play" the system and by taking only short cruises could attain Elite status in only 27 days of cruising. For people who cruised on the longer 12 or more night cruises, they had to cruise for 48 days to attain Elite if in the same category stateroom. That was clearly not fair, and made it too easy for people taking those short cruises at the expense of those taking longer cruises.

There are always some who can 'play the game.' Just today, I saw someone bragging about being elite status by virtue of buying cheapie cruises e.g. around $500-700 for 2 weeks. A lot of people pay a lot more so there'll always be some who "play the game" and get an unfair advantage in that respect.

Now, it is based on the number of days you cruise, plus how much more you are willing to spend on upgraded staterooms. This is more inline with airline rewards programs. On an airline, you gain points for miles flown, and those are increased if you buy a business or first class ticket. Celebrity has made their program very similar to that.

Yes and no. There are similarities, but Celebrity's is far out in respect of how much benefit it gives the high end compared to the low end. 9 times the base rate means that future travellers who are loyal and even frequent cruisers, but only travel inside or balconies are unlikely to ever reach the higher tiers.

And for your information, I lost out in this transition. I was just 1 point shy of Elite when the program changed. I could have made it with a 3 night cruise in an inside stateroom by earning one more point. Now, I am 35 credits shy of Elite. That 3 night cruise no longer gets me there. Now I must cruise for 18 nights in that inside stateroom, take that 3 night cruise in a Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite, or take a 7 night cruise in a CC or higher category stateroom to make Elite. So, the bar was move further away from me. Fortunately, I understand that this program is a bonus, not an entitlement.

I have good news for you. If you were only 1 point short, you would have 286 credits, so only needing 14 points to make Elite. While you can't take a 3 night cruise in an inside, a 7 night cruise in an inside, or 5 night cruise in a CC or higher will get you there, which still isn't likely to be too much of a burden - albeit more than the absolute minimum of before.

After all, it's just for free stuff. It's not stuff I paid for and is now being denied. So why the big deal? It does appear that most people understand this. But there are still a few that refuse to let it go.

I'd say some are just expressing their opinions. And that's true about _both_ sides of the fence.

Edited by The_Big_M

I question whether or not they took into consideration the effect of not honoring the equivalent number of cruise credits for cruises already booked but not taken.

Well, I have my answer. I received a nice phone followup to the email I sent to Mr. Bayley the other day, asking them to reconsider honoring equivalent points for cruises booked when the new plan was implemented. The answer was unfortunately they are not able to do so at this time, and they hoped I would understand. They definitely understood the frustration. I asked if Mr. Bayley had taken into account those loyal Captain's Club members in my position, and I was assured they had, but it was felt that the cost of being able to honor the additional points would be too high. However, since they had received much negative feedback regarding this, they may possibly reconsider and retroactively award the points. In any case, they had learned for any such future planning.

I finished the call by mentioning that the price for all cabins on Millie for Post Cruise Alaska Cruise Tour #10A on 7/4 were all $99,999, and has apparently been that way for two months. She sounded a bit shocked and said she'd notify the IT guys. That was a couple of days ago, and it's still not fixed.

Yes and no. There are similarities, but Celebrity's is far out in respect of how much benefit it gives the high end compared to the low end. 9 times the base rate means that future travellers who are loyal and even frequent cruisers, but only travel inside or balconies are unlikely to ever reach the higher tiers.

You reasoning is flawed. Looking at a Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Reflection in January 2015 (still far enough out that the prices haven't changed up or down):

The lowest price inside stateroom costs $749 pp, and earns 2 points per day, for a total of 14 for that 7 night cruise. That works out to about $53 per point.

The lowest price veranda is $999 pp, and earns 3 points per day, for a total of 21 points. That works out to $46 per point.

The lowest price Aqua Class is $1,349 pp, and earns 5 points per day, for a total of 35. That works out to $39 per point.

The lowest price Sky Suite is $2,649 pp, and earns 8 points per day, for a total of 56. That works out to $47 per point.

A Royal Suite is $4,999 pp, and earns 12 points per day, for a total of 84. That works out to $60 per point.

The Penthouse Suite is $7,599 pp, and earns 18 points per day, for a total of 126 points. That works out to $61 per point.

The Reflection Suite is a mere $14,999 pp, and also earns 18 points per day, for a total of 126 points. That works out to be $119 per point.

It doesn't appear that "the high end compared to the low end" is getting better rewards for their dollars. People who only spend $749 pp instead of $14,999 aren't so bad off after all. They earn more points for their dollars than the "high end" people do. Sure, it will take them longer to get to the higher tiers, but they would be paying about half the price for each point as the most "high end" people do while getting there. I see nothing wrong with moving faster up the tiers when you are willing to pay more money for a cruise. You get rewarded based on what you are willing to pay. Seems the most fair way of doing it to me.

I have good news for you. If you were only 1 point short, you would have 286 credits, so only needing 14 points to make Elite. While you can't take a 3 night cruise in an inside, a 7 night cruise in an inside, or 5 night cruise in a CC or higher will get you there, which still isn't likely to be too much of a burden - albeit more than the absolute minimum of before.[/Quote]

My mistake. I had 8 points instead of 9, so I actually needed 2 more. (on our last 14 night cruise we moved down from a C2 room to a 2B room, so we lost one point, and I forgot about that). I ended up with 265 points, with the extra 25 that Celebrity gave me. So I am still 35 short. Still, I could have gotten there with fewer sailing days before the change.

Edited by boogs

You reasoning is flawed. Looking at a Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Reflection in January 2015 (still far enough out that the prices haven't changed up or down):

The lowest price inside stateroom costs $749 pp, and earns 2 points per day, for a total of 14 for that 7 night cruise. That works out to about $53 per point.

The lowest price veranda is $999 pp, and earns 3 points per day, for a total of 21 points. That works out to $46 per point.

The lowest price Aqua Class is $1,349 pp, and earns 5 points per day, for a total of 35. That works out to $39 per point.

The lowest price Sky Suite is $2,649 pp, and earns 8 points per day, for a total of 56. That works out to $47 per point.

A Royal Suite is $4,999 pp, and earns 12 points per day, for a total of 84. That works out to $60 per point.

The Penthouse Suite is $7,599 pp, and earns 18 points per day, for a total of 126 points. That works out to $61 per point.

The Reflection Suite is a mere $14,999 pp, and also earns 18 points per day, for a total of 126 points. That works out to be $119 per point.

It doesn't appear that "the high end compared to the low end" is getting better rewards for their dollars. People who only spend $749 pp instead of $14,999 aren't so bad off after all. They earn more points for their dollars than the "high end" people do. Sure, it will take them longer to get to the higher tiers, but they would be paying about half the price for each point as the most "high end" people do while getting there. I see nothing wrong with moving faster up the tiers when you are willing to pay more money for a cruise. You get rewarded based on what you are willing to pay. Seems the most fair way of doing it to me.

Thank you for doing that. I agree that's a reasonable analysis justifying the broad tiers, based on that location. I thought I'd a comparison over the European market to see if there were differences.

Here is the equivalent figures from original prices (so that demand did not change them) on a cruise on Celebrity Equinox in April 2015.

The lowest price inside stateroom cost $1299 pp, and earns 2 points per day, for a total of 22 for that 11 night cruise. That works out to about $53 per point.

The lowest price veranda is $1599 pp, and earns 3 points per day, for a total of 33 points. That works out to $49 per point.

The lowest price Concierge Class is $1,799 pp, and earns 5 points per day, for a total of 55. That works out to $33 per point.

The lowest price Sky Suite is $2,999 pp, and earns 8 points per day, for a total of 88. That works out to $34 per point.

A Royal Suite is $6,299 pp, and earns 12 points per day, for a total of 132. That works out to $48 per point.

The Penthouse Suite is $8,299 pp, and earns 18 points per day, for a total of 198 points. That works out to $42 per point.

Interestingly, here the earn rate for the inside is the worst of all categories (even moreso for the dearer inside and outside categories e.g. an 07 clocks in at $72 per point!)

While it doesn't show a bias to high end cabins, the variability within zones means there's still a big variance in cabin earn rates per dollar spent - more than double for example from the C3 at $33/point to the 07 at $72 per point.

You also haven't shown anything to support that the reasoning was flawed.

It wasn't - "future travellers who are loyal and even frequent cruisers, but only travel inside or balconies are unlikely to ever reach the higher tiers." is correct and not disproven by your analysis. It is just a reality of the slow earn rate for the lower levels, compared to the high number of points required.

Edited by The_Big_M

... "future travellers who are loyal and even frequent cruisers, but only travel inside or balconies are unlikely to ever reach the higher tiers." is correct and not disproven by your analysis. It is just a reality of the slow earn rate for the lower levels, compared to the high number of points required.

So why is that unfair? Just like in real life, if a person only earns $15,000 per year, it will take them a lot longer to become a millionaire than someone who makes $250,000 per year. That some people chooses to book only the lowest cost rooms, for whatever reason, shouldn't make the system unfair because someone who spends $20 K on a suite works their way up faster. I believe in socialism to a degree, but the argument that someone who only cruises in the cheapest staterooms should be rewarded equally to those who cruise in the high end suites is a bit unrealistic. "You get what you pay for" applies to earned reward points as well as the type of accommodations.

So why is that unfair?.

Why ask me? I didn't claim it was. What I said was that the reasoning was NOT flawed and they had a slower earn rate.

boogs was the one referring to unfairness and claimed some people "played the game" and advanced in some circumstances on short cruises quicker than others.

I just responded that others still "played the game" and that the rate people progressed at still wasn't completely equitable or fair. Progressing at more than double the speed of others and after adjusting for dollars spent - even on the same cruise! - because of the cabin you booked is clearly not equitable or fair.

And this is based on a single point in time - the differences will be magnified as prices change, and between different cruises.

Why ask me? I didn't claim it was. What I said was that the reasoning was NOT flawed and they had a slower earn rate.

boogs was the one referring to unfairness and claimed some people "played the game" and advanced in some circumstances on short cruises quicker than others.

I just responded that others still "played the game" and that the rate people progressed at still wasn't completely equitable or fair. Progressing at more than double the speed of others and after adjusting for dollars spent - even on the same cruise! - because of the cabin you booked is clearly not equitable or fair.

And this is based on a single point in time - the differences will be magnified as prices change, and between different cruises.

You have me completely confused. In your first sentence you say you didn't claim it was unfair. Then in the second paragraph you say it "still wasn't equitable or fair". Isn't that just another way of saying that it's "unfair"?

And if you truly aren't saying that it's unfair, why are you making such a big deal about this? :confused:

Edited by fortinweb

You have me completely confused. In your first sentence you say you didn't claim it was unfair. Then in the second paragraph you say it "still wasn't equitable or fair". Isn't that just another way of saying that it's "unfair"?

I wasn't making the original complaint that it was unfair.

I responded that it had remained inequitable after the changes, just in a different manner.

I'm not sure why that's confusing.

However, your reply said I called one aspect unfair, which I hadn't. The program itself can be unfair in other ways, aside from just disadvantaging low end cabins, which seems to be your concern.

And if you truly aren't saying that it's unfair, why are you making such a big deal about this? :confused:

I'm not making a big deal.

I responded to another's comment... just as you are! Why are you making such a big deal then?