First time cruising (Miami Jan 14 Navigator), photo report.

Dude153

Here is the link to some pictures: https://plus.google.com/photos/117171572454472290057/albums/5983745400159401105?authkey=CNfk35mvgqPX5gE

I guess Regent is a good peek for the first ever cruise :-) I've got to know a lot of wonderful people and it was really nice experience. The way service softly wraps you around is truly amazing... Maybe I'm not spoiled too much, but it was truly out of this world... Waiters through the ship knowing who I am and what I'm drinking by 3rd day, room cleaning taking 20 min max right after you leave it, pianist Evgeny who can pick up any melody you can remember in an instant, nice Cohiba cigars, awesome German day in the pool grill (whole fried piglet!), even the opportunity to wear a suit (I live in Seattle, nobody wears a suit here). Food is awesome, and after a couple days I've realized you can ask crew for anything and in most cases they will just do it - for example, there are many more complimentary wines served then explicitly offered, you just need to ask one of the sommeliers.

Looking forward to doing it again... Or Oceania that also looks good.

Edited by Dude153

Here is the link to some pictures: https://plus.google.com/photos/117171572454472290057/albums/5983745400159401105?authkey=CNfk35mvgqPX5gE

I guess Regent is a good peek for the first ever cruise :-) I've got to know a lot of wonderful people and it was really nice experience. The way service softly wraps you around is truly amazing... Maybe I'm not spoiled too much, but it was truly out of this world... Waiters through the ship knowing who I am and what I'm drinking by 3rd day, room cleaning taking 20 min max right after you leave it, pianist Evgeny who can pick up any melody you can remember in an instant, nice Cohiba cigars, awesome German day in the pool grill (whole fried piglet!), even the opportunity to wear a suit (I live in Seattle, nobody wears a suit here). Food is awesome, and after a couple days I've realized you can ask crew for anything and in most cases they will just do it - for example, there are many more complimentary wines served then explicitly offered, you just need to ask one of the sommeliers.

Looking forward to doing it again... Or Oceania that also looks good.

Dude:

Wearing a suit is bad juju:D. The informal dress code on Regent is one of the reasons we've cruised with them once before and will again soon. If The Boss hears about this, she may insist I bring one.

Nice way of describing service. Glad you enjoyed the cruise and great pics!

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1

Dude 153,

"Thanks for the memories," (pictures) and your cruise report. The great thing about Regent is that you can be who you are; wear a tux or a gown, suit or a sport coat, or no coat. I am very happy that you enjoyed the cruise. Angie

Dude153, great pix, all of them, and what a nice variety of street shots. Your sunsets were beautiful. Always love to hear the impressions of a first time cruiser, and seems like you are hooked. Even all those mega ships docked at same port didn't seem to matter.