Tizzy's Review of Thomson Dream.

Tizzy

Worth the wait Tizzy....

I would feel aggrieved too after especially asking for a quiet cabin..

I also agree with your comments re P&O Vs Thomson, both staff and passengers are more friendly.

I bet if you would have banged on the window loudly when that man was looking in you would have laughed, he probably would have jumped out of his skin;)

Thank you Malch_uk for putting the link to my review.

Hello gillhalfpint ! I have never been in another cabin like it. It was incredibly noisy. How I managed a week without murdering the drummer in the Medussa Lounge I don't know !

It was so strange seeing people outside the cabin window so clearly Joe. The windows are very low down.

I don't think some people sunbathing on deck 9 realise that they are right outside the cabin windows and everything they do is seen ! I don't suppose the guy looking in meant any harm, he probably wondered what was behind the darkened glass. If you like people watching they are great cabins but I wouldn't like to repeat the experience. I found it really odd. This experience has put me off cruising ! It is incredibly difficult finding the right cabin and if you don't there is no opportunity to change.

Our holiday was a Cruise and Stay and we enjoyed the hotel bit so much I think we will go back next year for just a land based holiday.

a good reveiw tizzy an honest review... detailing the facts as you see them...many thanks for this:cool:

so sorry to hear that the cabin location spoiled some aspects of your time on board, but this really does show how worthwhile forums such as this can be for information sharing

such a shame thoms were unwilling to move you?

Well it's there after all this time Tizzy. So pleased it has appeared at last and well worth the wait. You have been very fair and balanced I think in your comments and although of no help to you, hopefully you have avoided anyone else having their cruise spoilt by an unfortunate choice of cabin. Thanks for taking the time to do it Tizzy. :)

Thanks for your review, Tizzy. Having read it I can see why you were annoyed. You would not expect to have an old bathroom in a deluxe cabin. If they are not going to finish refurbishing them then they should be offering an apology and a discount until such times as they are done.

I don't think the people who take the cabin bookings have the necessary information to be able to recommend a quiet cabin and a site like this is likely to be able to give more accurate information.

I sympathise about the noise from the band. My husband refused to stay in the bar if they were on.

If you are ever going back on the Dream I can recommend cabin 7152, very quiet, no obstructed view and a nice bathroom.

Hi Geomagot, Kruzseeka and Little Nell.

Yes I am glad the review finally showed up.

This forum is great for gaining information and the chart to help people choose cabins is a brilliant idea. I will put the cabin info in as soon as I can work out how to do it. I am not very good with computers!

I am glad you thought it was a fair review Geomagot. Our last cruise was on P&O Azura and I didn't find the people particularly friendly. The tables for two were very close together and we would say good evening to people but were often just met with an icy stare. There are good and bad things on every cruise line and its fun to chop and change sometimes.

Hi Pressy

We sailed at the end of January.

Yes reviews are mixed at the moment but our Cruise wasn't all bad. We just got the wrong cabin. Personally I find it a bit of a mine field choosing a cabin. There are so many things to consider. There is a very good thread about choosing cabins on this forum at the moment.

Sometimes it is just down to luck but I read the forums all the time to pick up hints and suggestions from other people. If you have any questions about Thomson cruises there are some really nice people on here. I know they were great, when I was researching our cruise last year.

We had 2 deluxe cabins last year on the dream 3 people per cabin , the noise issue wasn't too bad only prob if anyone is a light sleeper, no vibration problems, only problem we had was when we filled our bath, mums bathroom next door flooded but was sorted out very quick and we had a great cabin steward Ronaldo, you do need to shut the curtains if you had all lights on though, but would go in a deluxe again

Edited by mtt

Hi mtt

I think we were just unlucky with our Deluxe cabin because we were right above the band. Now that we have had a chance to look at lots of cabins on the ship I think we would opt for the outside plus cabins if we sailed on the Dream again. I hated the big window in the cabin as we didn't see much of the sea at all, just lots of people sun-bathing and to us it felt like people were in the cabin with us. It just freaked me out a bit and everytime my husband came back into the cabin he immediately closed the curtains. On a positive side, they are lovely big cabins and we liked the inner door as we didn't hear any noise from the corridor. Mind you that might be because everything was blocked out by the Band playing !!! They are certainly very handy for everything but in all honesty I am sure Thomsons could do something to soundproof cabin 9016. All the staff knew how bad it was.