Bringing liquor onboard Liberty

jfbbarry

Has anyone successfully brought liquor onboard the Liberty during Miami embarkation? We haven't cruised out of Miami in a couple of years and wonder if the screeners are searching and taking the liquor on your carryons?

Thanks in advance

Edited by jfbbarry

At our first port in Nov we bought 2 bottles and when returning to the ship, we were asked to drop them off at the table in the back. We "forgot" to stop and made a left for the elevator. No one said a word.

From Miami but them in RR's in you checked bagage. 90% chance they get thru.

I sailed the Libery out of Miami a few months ago. I didn't try to sneak alcohol, but I can tell you they went through each and every can of Coke and bottle of water I brought in my carry on.

My sister did have a few of those mini bottles of liquor in her purse when we sailed the Breeze out of Miami and they were confiscated.

It's against the rules for you to bring any anything but wine on board.

One of my jacket's has a nifty inside pocket that seems made to carry a plastic flask. It would be wrong of me not to take advantage of that.

Also, I have a few RRs that need to be used so I pack those in my checked in luggage.

qe2enute.jpg

These are RR-rum runners. You order them on line. This is the Wine smuggler package and 3 8oz. rr added. You pack them in your check-in's. You need to use strategic placement. The web site info. Helps. This is from my Liberty cruise last month. I kept my bar bill under $150. We brought a little back. It is a risk so don't bring expensive booze and divide it into two check in pieces of luggage.

• 7 months later...

We always do Bon Voyage, it is alittle pricey but still cheaper than buying all my drinks from the bar and this way I don't have to worry about my Jack Daniels getting confiscated and then I have nothing in the room. Although when I was on the Miracle last January we were able to purchase a second bottle of Jack after we sailed. Not sure if that policy is still the same so you may want to check on that.

Good luck with whatever route you take but Bon Voyage works for us with no stress about whether your booze will make it or not

Rum Runners in your packed luggage are your best bet. Having said that the Cheers Package really is reasonably priced now and I would consider getting that and then taking a couple of bottles of wine (allowed) too. That's what we did last cruise and will continue to do as long as it is offered and the prices are not out of control. It made life so much easier.

Edited by 9876

I know 3 people that have been caught using RR. They can see them on the X-ray. People think there invisible because there clear. i think It depends how busy the scanners are and how many they are catching when x-raying. If there really busy they may let some pass. They can't search all bags that look like they have booze in them, also there looking for other things packed in your luggage, there's not enough time. Its not worth to me i buy from bon voyage, bring my mix onboard, or get the package.