Fairfield Inn, Fort Lauderdale

sagbrook

We stayed there pre-cruise earlier this month, using a park and cruise package booked through hotelnparking.com. I think you made a good choice, especially with being able to get it with points. We enjoyed our stay there. We used the hotel shuttle service to go to (and return from) the Rustic Inn for dinner. The complimentary breakfast was fine, not great, but certainly enough til we got on the ship, lol. I had trouble using the free wifi in the room, so I went to the business center (just off the lobby area) to get my cruisecritic fix. We paid for the roundtrip port shuttle service as we left our car at the hotel during the cruise. A LOT of cruisers stayed there, but the shuttle service was very organized.

One strange thing for us though - when we returned from our cruise, we found out the credit card we used there (and this was the only place we used it on the trip) had been "compromised" - and we had to get a card issued with a new account number. Coincidence, perhaps, but if we stay there again (and we might - we have a cruise from PE booked for next March), I might purchase Marriott gift cards to use for the stay.

I checked the reviews on TripAdvisor before I booked - you might want to read the comments there.

Edited by KroozFoolz

Thanks for the info. I feel better now about my choice. Since its only one night I'm sure it will be fine. Are there any fast food places nearby? We'll be arriving around 7 so will want a quick bite. Kids will probably rather swim than eat!!

Thanks for the info. I feel better now about my choice. Since its only one night I'm sure it will be fine. Are there any fast food places nearby? We'll be arriving around 7 so will want a quick bite. Kids will probably rather swim than eat!!

I don't recall any fast food within walking distance.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't recall any fast food within walking distance.

There is a great seafood restaurant about a quarter of a mile from that hotel. Go out the back exit of the hotel turn right then turn right on the back street.

There is a great seafood restaurant about a quarter of a mile from that hotel. Go out the back exit of the hotel turn right then turn right on the back street.

That's the Rustic Inn mentioned in post #3.

Edited by clarea

It's a nice, newer property next door to Homewood Suites, but it is fairly isolated. As mentioned above, the Rustic Inn is about a quarter to a half mile from the hotel. There's a Publix Grocery store about a mile west on Griffin Road and an Irish Pub near there which has a really big to-do around St Patrick's Day. You can get their shuttle van to take you to Oakwood Plaza Mall where you will find several restaurants ad well as a K-Mart.

Edited by MUTailG8