Italy

Bcshur

My husband and I are looking in the June 26th cruise on Freedom leaving from Rome. Does anyone know of any hotels there that offer shuttle to the port? Any suggestions how to get to the port from the hotel? Is worth getting a hotel or just flying in the day of the cruise?

Hi,

There is another thread recently started with similar questions.

We flew to Rome a couple of days before. Stayed at the Hotel Amalfi. Small rooms as expected in Italy, with a simple but adequate buffet breakfast at very reasonable price. Within walking distance from the termini train station which we got to by train from the airport. We then got train to the port from the Termini. A short walk from the station at. Civittavechia takes you to the port entrance where there is a free shuttle to the ship. Watch out for the fast and slow trains!!!!

One thing to bear in mind is the time difference. Arriving a day or two early allows you to adjust somewhat and feel more refreshed at the start of the cruise.

Also. Rome is truly wonderful. If you are active and able to walk the hotel we stayed at is within walking distance of a lot of things.even my then 9 year old was able to walk in the heat to the Colosseum.

Hope that helps

Hi,

There is another thread recently started with similar questions.

We flew to Rome a couple of days before. Stayed at the Hotel Amalfi. Small rooms as expected in Italy, with a simple but adequate buffet breakfast at very reasonable price. Within walking distance from the termini train station which we got to by train from the airport. We then got train to the port from the Termini. A short walk from the station at. Civittavechia takes you to the port entrance where there is a free shuttle to the ship. Watch out for the fast and slow trains!!!!

One thing to bear in mind is the time difference. Arriving a day or two early allows you to adjust somewhat and feel more refreshed at the start of the cruise.

Also. Rome is truly wonderful. If you are active and able to walk the hotel we stayed at is within walking distance of a lot of things.even my then 9 year old was able to walk in the heat to the Colosseum.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the info but I'm not sure if the OP is referring to the Freedom of the Seas or another cruiseline with a ship named Freedom. Freedom of the Seas is based in Port Canaveral, Florida and sails the Caribbean throughout the year. All of Freedom of the Seas itineraries for June 2014 and June 2015 are Eastern and Western Caribbean.

Edited by Eng23

My husband and I are looking in the June 26th cruise on Freedom leaving from Rome. Does anyone know of any hotels there that offer shuttle to the port? Any suggestions how to get to the port from the hotel? Is worth getting a hotel or just flying in the day of the cruise?

It would be much better for you to get there at least a day before the cruise. The way flying and international travel is I would not consider flying in the day of the cruise, you leave yourself no room for error or problems that are out of your control.

Reading between the lines...I think the OP has not been to Rome before.

In which case it really is worth arriving early to spend time there as there is no shortage of things to see. The famous sights are enough alone to make it worth the hotel stay.

The 'port for Rome' is over 1hr travel from Rome itself so that part of the transfer needs to be planned. I'd arrive early, have a great time in Rome, stay overnight before heading to Civitavecchia for the cruise.

Consider this alternative far less stressful. You fly into Romes FCO Airport. take Leonardo Express to Roma Termini station (Runs every 30 minutes 0.

then take train to Civitavecchia .

Civitavecchia is a lovely port town . A short walk from the station on the waterfront is Hotel Miramare . You book on line via Hotel website direct.

Next day it is only a 15 Euro taxi ride to the port gate, then free shuttle bus to your ship .