Booking Question

4Tacos

I'm ready to book my next Carnival Cruise. Sunshine, 8 day Eastern, Feb 20th, 2015. I want to book because I'm 99% sure on which room we want but the price is higher than the Dream we just came off of in Feb 2014 (7 day Eastern, Feb 8th). The Dream, similar room to the one we want on the Sunshine, was $2200 with taxes, vacation protection and prepaid gratuities. The Sunshine is $2400 with just taxes. I also like that there is a $50 deposit right now.

What are the chances that the Sunshine will reduce the prices? Could the $50 deposit deal come back?

What is the difference between Early Saver and Past Guest with 2 category upgrade?

What does the 2 category upgrade mean and does it matter if you want a specific room?

I hope I explained all this correctly. Thanks for your help!!!!

I'm ready to book my next Carnival Cruise. Sunshine, 8 day Eastern, Feb 20th, 2015. I want to book because I'm 99% sure on which room we want but the price is higher than the Dream we just came off of in Feb 2014 (7 day Eastern, Feb 8th). The Dream, similar room to the one we want on the Sunshine, was $2200 with taxes, vacation protection and prepaid gratuities. The Sunshine is $2400 with just taxes. I also like that there is a $50 deposit right now.

What are the chances that the Sunshine will reduce the prices? Could the $50 deposit deal come back?

What is the difference between Early Saver and Past Guest with 2 category upgrade?

What does the 2 category upgrade mean and does it matter if you want a specific room?

Although the Sunshine is higher, it is 8 days rather than 7, so the actual daily cost may be cheaper. Also, you are looking 1 year from now, and as anything, I expect to pay more next year than now.

If you know which room you want, go ahead and book. Any price reductions you will receive by booking ES.

What are the chances that the Sunshine will reduce the prices? Could the $50 deposit deal come back?I suppose it's possible that the $50 deposit would come back, but unless there is a Carnival employee who posts here, I'm not sure any one can guarantee it. The price for the cruise you want will fluctuate with the demand.

What is the difference between Early Saver and Past Guest with 2 category upgrade? If you book Early Saver, you will be eligible for any price drops that apply to your room, you still get to choose the exact cabin you want. Under the past guest rate, if you wanted to sail in a 6D ocean view, you would only pay the price for a 6B. Personally, I have booked three cruises on an Early saver rate and the price has dropped on 2 of them.

In my opinion, if you're sure you're going on the cruise and you can pay the deposit which is usually around 1/2 the fare in my experience, book Early Saver. Watching for price drops can be fun. If you are not 100% sure that you're going, book on a rate that you can change with out paying a fee. Just my opinion.

booking with the past guest rate with 2 category upgrade

you are price protected up til final payment.

a 2 category upgrade--LOL look at the deck plan. look at upper deck 6 Upper deck features two different categories. the purple and the yellow. ALL are balconies. location of the yellow is the better category but if you go up one deck higher the yellow cat is still the same category except its located forward and aft.

so you book the purple category-- two category upgrade will give you a balcony on the aft of deck 8.

Booking Early saver you are price protected up til you sail. This means if the price comes down you are entitled to the difference up til sailing.

But its gotta match the category you booked. (not pack and go rate)

early saver rates come with severe penalties...No making changes and no downgrades so if you see a cabin in a better location for selling cheaper-- you cant move. you CAN upgrade the cabin to a higher category.

for instance-- if you take the free 2 category upgrade-- you can only price match the category 8C or higher. you should not even look at prices for a 8A or 8B

in 22 cruises only 2 have ever come down in price and we always book over a year in advance

If looking at those scenic oceanview cabins... those will never come down in price

the Dream was a 7 day cruise== sunshine is an 8 day