All these Carnival security horror stories...

AJI2596

Did that Captain's trial ever go to court or did he ever receive a sentence? I don't remember ever seeing that. And didn't they right the ship and tow it off for scrap?

Yes no and no. In fact, he's boarding the ship this Thursday. It still sits there after being righted last year. And unfortunately, there's been an additional death of a salvage worker, bringing the death toll to 33.

Yes no and no. In fact, he's boarding the ship this Thursday. It still sits there after being righted last year. And unfortunately, there's been an additional death of a salvage worker, bringing the death toll to 33.

Hopefully he will eventually get his sentence for what he did. I feel so sorry for that little village that has had to look at that ship sitting there that long. I had not heard about the worker.

Are you blaming that one on Carnival also?

Has me very worried about traveling in June with our 3 little ones.

What's going on lately??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are you talking about ? The ship is safer than 97% of towns

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you do a proper job parenting and not let your little ones run wild you will have no problem at all. If you neglect your parenting duties, then there may be problem, which you allowed to happen.

It's a shame that someone can't ask for some sensible conversation without offending all the cheerleaders. There has been more crazy stuff happening lately on all cruise lines, Carnival included. I think it is wise to say just be as careful as you would be at your local mall and you should be OK.

Being you are trying to put words in my post that don't exist, why don't you reveal if Carnival Corp is named in the lawsuit.

I don't have access to the lawsuit. I thought maybe you did since you have so much good information. Is there a lawsuit for the worker that died? I had thought we were talking about the Carnival and not the Costa Concordia. I guess I got confused.:rolleyes:

Edited by jimbo5544

I've only seen a couple of these stories and I wasn't horrified, I sat there and LMAO! If anyone is scared of horror stories, stay at home and lock your doors and have a loaded weapon - just in case someone decides to invade your home. Oh and stay out of malls too!

Don't forget to homeschool your kids, too. Because you never know when a crazed Aspie might bring a gun to school and shoot the place up.:rolleyes:

Has me very worried about traveling in June with our 3 little ones.

What's going on lately??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As some others have said, watch your kids as you would anywhere.

Things should be fine.

Happy cruisin'. :)

:confused: I haven't seen any horror stories...

hi--this is irene and john--59 cruises on carnival--what horror stories????-----we have not experienced or seen anything -----but---if you read about--holland american cruise line---read about the young girl who was raped and beaten by one of the stewards--and he tried to throw her over-board--she fought him and another passenger--found her in the hall bloody and bleeding-----now that is a horror story-----

With three young kids your protective instincts are naturally in overdrive. Once they get older, you'll care less:)

I had a 2 year old when 9/11 happened. A few months later I got to the point where I had to go on a news blackout. Ask a friend to let you know of any news you NEED to know and let the rest go.