STAR Aft Penthouse

Econom405

I am sure this has been posted before, but since the search function is 'disabled'..

Does anyone have pictures of the aft penthouses on the Star? We will be sailing in October to Panama. Have always stayed in suites but never an aft penthouse before, so would love any info available! Thanks in advance.

I am sure this has been posted before, but since the search function is 'disabled'..

Does anyone have pictures of the aft penthouses on the Star? We will be sailing in October to Panama. Have always stayed in suites but never an aft penthouse before, so would love any info available! Thanks in advance.

What is the difference in the Aft Penthouse and Aft Facing Suite on the Star?

What is the difference in the Aft Penthouse and Aft Facing Suite on the Star?

None, it's an Aft Penthouse Suite. It includes the Butler & Concierge service as well as some of the other suite perks like a OBC and a bottle of sparkling wine.

Assuming they are still available, for the panama canal cruise on the star, if you are looking at an aft penthouse, try to get one of the few corners with the balcony that also wraps around the side of the ship. Although there is only standing room on the wrap around part, the ability to view the canal operations and transit from both the back, side and corner is amazing. We did it a few years ago and were able to avoid the crowds on the various decks trying to get a view of everything. Here is a link to some of our photos of that cruise that show the benefts/view from that wrap around balcony.

https://picasaweb.google.com/mightymustangband/CanalTransitSelected?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMeHuondj9OTWw&feat=directlink

I had a AFT on the Star for Alaska and it is my favorite Cabin for a great View. The wraparound would be good. But the best Cabin for the Panama Canal is the Forward Bow Penthouse for the Canal. I was booked on the Aft and got a upsell to the Penthouse on the Bow and the View is the best. You see every thing ..the Mules...all of the Crew taking turns coming up to see the Canal and all of the People on the Bow are chatting back and forth. We were lucky to meet BSR and she had the AFT Wraparound and they spent part of one Lock up front with us and we all ran back to their Deck 9 Aft Penthouse. It was great but a completely different view. The Panama Canal is one of my favorite Cruises!!!