Deposits

jwalk03

How much is the deposit to book a Disney cruise? On my last cruise I booked last minute and had to pay everything upfront. I know that it varies based on the price, but how is it calculated? Also does anyone know what the onboard discount is off the deposit?

The normal deposit is 20% of the cruise cost.

The onboard booking discount used to allow you to book for 10%deposit. I believe that has changed so that the 10% applies only to cruises of 7 nights or more. Shorter cruises are still 20% when booked on board (I THINk, no personal experience with this).

The normal deposit is 20% of the cruise cost.

The onboard booking discount used to allow you to book for 10%deposit. I believe that has changed so that the 10% applies only to cruises of 7 nights or more. Shorter cruises are still 20% when booked on board (I THINk' date=' no personal experience with this).[/quote']

Yeah it does say on the flyers on board that the discounted deposit is only on sailings of 7 or more days.

The deposit is 20% of the cruise fare, unless you are booking within the final payment date period (cruise is less than 75 days away for most sailings, although there are some differences for suites, cruises longer than 10 days, and non-US port embarkation sailings) which then makes the total of the cruise payment due at the time of booking.

There have been rare cases where the deposit is 10% (DCL just ran this incentive on certain cruises this past Nov/Dec); also if you book a 7-night or longer cruise onboard the ship, then the deposit is 10% as well.

HTH!

The deposit for all cruises is 20% of the fare.

If you book a cruise on board of 7 days or longer the deposit is lowered to 10% - but only if it is a 7+ day cruise

I agree. Also to OP, it is not 20% or 10% of the total price including the transfer fee if you purchase it. Just a percentage of the cruise fare itself.