Millennium Aft

AviGirl

Oh, how I'm missing the search function! Otherwise, I'd probably be able find the answers I'm looking for. I've searched Google a bit but thought I'd ask the trusted folks on CC!

DH and I just book our dream cruise - Asia! We initially booked a C3 (8054) but after some googling, I learned that it's partially obstructed. We then decided to up the ante and to for a C1 Aft. Has anyone had any experience in cabin 8185? I would love to read your reviews/thoughts and possibly see any photos. We've never had a Aft cabin before, think it would be a good position for a cruise like Asia?

It has been quite some time since we've been on the Millennium, but on all or one of the "M" class we have had 8172 or 8170 several times. (Just one room away) We absolutely LOVE the aft cabins on the "M" class. The balconies are very long. Can stay in the shade or still be outside if the weather is inclement. The view of the wake at night is just awesome. We have not been to Asia yet, so can't say what the best place for viewing is, but have had that balcony through the P Canal and has also been great. Celebrity eventually got smart and started charging more for those rooms so the price is sometimes a factor, especially when you can usually get Aqua class for less. Also even though it appears that deck 7 does not have the extended balconies, they do as well, we have also had 7206 and 7208. If I am not mistaken (which I could be), I think the balconies get longer the lower you go, until you get to the suites on deck 6.

I don't think you will be disappointed with your choice of rooms. A little spoiled, maybe. Have a wonderful trip. Kathryn

We've been in 8185 and 8172 on the Summit. I love deck 8 for these cabins. We will only book a C1 Aft or FV Aft on the M Class ships. You will love it. The balconies are huge and half sun/shade. Fantastic views. Keep it. Don't move.

For our cruise coming up, we booked 8185 again but when prices dropped on the corner FV, we grabbed it.

Enjoy.

AviGirl, I have been having the same doubts and questions.

We also booked a cruise to Asia on Millennium for next January and managed to get 6143 which is one of the C1 rooms, not at the very aft, but on the side in the back of the ship, between the suites. From what I was reading here on cruise critic it is a larger cabin with a large balcony with a nice balcony teak furniture like in the suites. We have never sailed in the aft before and I am concerned about vibration and motion. Being midship, where we usually book, we don't fell as much motion when the seas are rough. So how are the seas in Asia in January usually? And what about vibration in the aft? Thank you.

Karina

We have booked the Penthouse on the M Class ships, including Millenium several times. It is half of the back of the ship on the 6th level. We usually like midship also, as I get motion sick, but have never had a problem with motion on 6 in the back of the M Class. The views are awesome. I am sure you will love it, enjoy

We did the Asia cruise on Milennium last year; you'll have a great time! We did not do an aft cabin that time, but have for other itineraries. We love the aft position for watching the wake, and the M Class aft cabin balconies are big enough to throw a party. That being said, Asia is the hottest, most humid itinerary we have ever done, and barely used our balcony as a result. In addition, the one and only complaint I have about the M Class aft balcony cabins is that the balconies are so deep they do not get any breeze, unless they are the ones on the end, or you're sitting right at the open end of the balcony. So, if you like the heat and humidity you'll love the cabin. If you're hoping for some breeze, then you might want to choose a less deep balcony cabin on the side.

Thanks so much for all your comments, we have officially changed to 8185! It is $700 more than the original C3 cabin we booked but we feel it'll be worth it for this special cruise.

We did the Asia cruise on Milennium last year; you'll have a great time! We did not do an aft cabin that time' date=' but have for other itineraries. We love the aft position for watching the wake, and the M Class aft cabin balconies are big enough to throw a party. That being said, Asia is the hottest, most humid itinerary we have ever done, and barely used our balcony as a result. In addition, the one and only complaint I have about the M Class aft balcony cabins is that the balconies are so deep they do not get any breeze, unless they are the ones on the end, or you're sitting right at the open end of the balcony. So, if you like the heat and humidity you'll love the cabin. If you're hoping for some breeze, then you might want to choose a less deep balcony cabin on the side.[/quote']

Thanks for your post! When was your cruise? I ask because we're going in Oct and I'm hoping it won't be hot and humid. I checked average weather and it should be good so I'm just curious which month you went.

AviGirl, I have been having the same doubts and questions.

We also booked a cruise to Asia on Millennium for next January and managed to get 6143 which is one of the C1 rooms, not at the very aft, but on the side in the back of the ship, between the suites. From what I was reading here on cruise critic it is a larger cabin with a large balcony with a nice balcony teak furniture like in the suites. We have never sailed in the aft before and I am concerned about vibration and motion. Being midship, where we usually book, we don't fell as much motion when the seas are rough. So how are the seas in Asia in January usually? And what about vibration in the aft? Thank you.

Karina

DH and I actually enjoy the motion on the ship so I don't expect a problem for us. Congrats on your upcoming cruise, I'm sure you are just as excited as we are! :)

Edited by AviGirl

Thanks so much for all your comments, we have officially changed to 8185! It is $700 more than the original C3 cabin we booked but we feel it'll be worth it for this special cruise.

Thanks for your post! When was your cruise? I ask because we're going in Oct and I'm hoping it won't be hot and humid. I checked average weather and it should be good so I'm just curious which month you went.

DH and I actually enjoy the motion on the ship so I don't expect a problem for us. Congrats on your upcoming cruise, I'm sure you are just as excited as we are! :)

It depends on your itinerary. Singapore is hot and humid year round, but Japan and China not so

We sailed just about a year ago, in March 2013. Even in the Med in July I have never felt temps and humidity like I experiences on that cruise!

We did Millie last Nov in an AI aft on the 11th deck, Honolulu to Singapore 35 days.

We experienced no motion issues only one night between Hawaii and Tahiti the DW took a pill due to a rough sea. Other then that it was calm seas.

Singapore was very nice temp wise at end of Nov and after a few days in Singapore we flew to Thailand for a week and the humidity was not bad at that time of year.

Try the chilli crab it is listed as one of the best foods in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilli_crab

If you can squeeze in a night at the Marina Bay Sands - with city view it is money well spent as well.

The A1 cabins on the back are very nice and Blu was well worth the upgrade. The rear balconies are not as large as the C1's but more then adequate.

I posted 2 reviews....

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=246388

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=247329

Thank you so much for all your replies.

AviGirl, yes, we are super excited about this trip. I am sure will get more excited towards the end of the year. Lots of planning to do. But planning a cruse is fun too!

Karina