Itinerary Change to Spirit Grand Med cruise

rocklinmom

I just got an email re: my Spirit Grand Med cruise this June saying that the itinerary has been changed. The Izmir port is being replaced by Kusadasi. Has anyone else sailing on the Spirit this summer received this email? Apparently my NCL shore excursion that I booked for Izmir will be automatically cancelled and shore excursions for Kusadasi will be released this Friday the 28th. Not sure about people with privately booked excursions. I think Kusadasi is closer to Ephesus, which could be the reason for this change?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just got an email re: my Spirit Grand Med cruise this June saying that the itinerary has been changed. The Izmir port is being replaced by Kusadasi. Has anyone else sailing on the Spirit this summer received this email? Apparently my NCL shore excursion that I booked for Izmir will be automatically cancelled and shore excursions for Kusadasi will be released this Friday the 28th. Not sure about people with privately booked excursions. I think Kusadasi is closer to Ephesus, which could be the reason for this change?

Kusadasi is closer to Ephesus, so if you plan on visiting Ephesus, you can still do that.

I highly recommend doing a tour or excursion that includes the Terrace Houses. You won't regret going there.

If NCL's tour is too expensive, look to join a private tour.

Same for my Jade cruise.

[

I also just received an email from Norwegian . Currently waiting on hold to NCl before I opened the attachment as it is addressed to isNull ?? Was hoping it was not a hoax email as I had received a few saying they were from my bank recently so was being cautious . From my time on hold( ages) and this post on cruise critic I am presuming its not lol . If it has been changed to Kusadasi that's an extra hour at Ephasus we all have . It is only 20 minutes in from the port by car to as opposed to an hour and half . Win win .

YEP Kusadasi it is . I think its a prettier port also .. Wonder if there was a reason... apart from being closer to Ephesus . Will make it a lot easier for those wishing to do it alone also :-)

We are just back from NORWEGIAN JADE before she went to Sochi for her hotel charter.

We were told onboard that this would be the last call in Izmir by the Future Cruise Consultant as she regret that she has no Izmir-magnet... and operation of NORWEGIAN JADE will move to Kusadai after the Olympic Games in Sochi.

We are booked for September 2014 again on NORWEGIAN JADE but no notification so far.

So we will see what will happen on March 16, when the next scheduled call of a Turkish port would come... Izmir or Kusadasi.

By the way:

if you like to see impressions from Kusadasi:

we have been there just in October 2013:

http://heinbloed-hal.blogspot.de/2013/10/tagday-64-auf-deron-ryndam-in-kusadasi.html

2013-HAL-RYNDAM-60914.jpg

The price from Izmir is double for a cap to Ephesus...

or instead of walking of old stones... you lie down on old stones and let the girls treat you... wonderful...

2013-HAL-RYNDAM-61016.jpg

2013-HAL-RYNDAM-61602.jpg

2013-HAL-RYNDAM-61421.jpg

2013-HAL-RYNDAM-61803.jpg

and more impressions from our recent NCL-sailing to Eastern Med Sea:

http://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com

Have a great time in Turkey.

Regards

HeinBloed

Edited by HeinBloed