WiFi??

nursemommy7578

is there any free or reasonably cheap internet in nassau and freeport??

In Nassau, Dunkin Donuts, McD's and Via Caffe have internet if you buy something.

I think Olive's does as well. (international plaza)

Don't be surprised if the internet get's "turned off" once you've finished your

coffee or whatever. They don't appreciate people taking up their table space after they have consumed their beverage.

Be careful using the internet in the bahamas. It's easily hacked and not very secure.

The best, strongest wifi in Nassau is at Pirates Pub, which is the bar next to the Pirates museum. McD's is good, if you want to go there, which I don't, haha. Olives is not that good. I love Olives, but the wifi is weak. Conch Fritters restaurant, next to Duncan Donuts, also both good. Starbucks charges for wifi.

Freeport has nothing in the port for free. There is a bar called Seamans Rest, but it charges $5 an hour for good strong wifi. If you go into town, Chibah coffee shop is good, if you buy something.

I have used the wifi outside of Hard Rock cafe. They do not mind if you stand around in fromt of their place as long as you do not stand in front of their sign....you can sit on the ground under it.

Lots of crew members use that wifi also.

There is also wifi inside the welcome area just as you get off the ship. I find it very slow, very croeded, very hot and very noisy.

Basically get friendly with a crew member and ask which one they use.

Or just follow crew members that are getting off the ship with their laptops.

Please remember that the free wifi hot spots usually are not secure so make sure you practice "safe internet". LOL

The Hard Rock Cafe put a lock on the wifi. Its no longer open.

Is this Hard Rock Cafe in Nassau and do you have to pay to get access? I have nothing planned for my 4th Nassau stop and wouldn't mind checking my emails while having lunch.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app