Benefiting from deals after FP

Luv2Cruise1980

Im reading many forums on CC about customers getting extra OBC or other great FREE stuff from ncl. Now,

I already made my final payment but was wondering if i call, would they be nice enough to offer me anything extra if i were to ask? Always cruised with RCCl never with NCL. Not really in my nature to do these kind of things either but, wont hurt to try for once. Does anyone know if i would be lucky enough to come across a nice cruise coordinator?? Just wondering?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Im reading many forums on CC about customers getting extra OBC or other great FREE stuff from ncl. Now,

I already made my final payment but was wondering if i call, would they be nice enough to offer me anything extra if i were to ask? Always cruised with RCCl never with NCL. Not really in my nature to do these kind of things either but, wont hurt to try for once. Does anyone know if i would be lucky enough to come across a nice cruise coordinator?? Just wondering?

The people who have been getting the OBC are getting it bacause of price reductions, not just because they called NCL.

First a quick question. Did you book through NCL or a TA? If you booked through a TA, then you'll need to work through them. I'm like you, a little reluctant to, but the only way to find out is to ask.

I booked from Ncl direct and we'll be leaving spring break week. Our ship is the breakaway. We're in a BX cat. The only deal i have is $50 OBC (which i don't think is enough compared to what i've been reading) We're going as a family of 4. And paid nearly $6000.

Edited by Luv2Cruise1980

I would suggest you do a "mock booking" on NCL.com. If the price of your category of cabin has decreased significantly, then it would be worth your time.

For example, I checked our bookings. (2 connecting staterooms, as we are a family of 5) Our combined price had dropped over $750, and we are after FP. Initially they wanted to offer us a complimentary upgrade, but as my kids are only 15, 12 and 8, I insisted on having connecting rooms. They were not able to find any connecting upgraded cabins, so they were able to offer us 25% of the price difference in OBC. So that gives us an extra $200 OBC that we didn't have before. I didn't have to push, or fight for it...I asked if there was anything they could do, and they easily offered the above. It did take me close to an hour on the phone on a Saturday afternoon, so keep that in mind.

I've heard people call because their category has dropped $60 in total!!!!:rolleyes: And did manage to get a whole $15 in extra OBC, but I think that's a bit ridiculous IMO, and my time on the phone is worth more than $15!

Good luck with whatever you decide, and keep us posted. Enjoy your cruise!!!

I booked from Ncl direct and we'll be leaving spring break week. Our ship is the breakaway. We're in a BX cat. The only deal i have is $50 OBC (which i don't think is enough compared to what i've been reading) We're going as a family of 4. And paid nearly $6000.

forget it: you are talking spring break, unless the price has gone way down since you made final payment you are getting what you paid for. I might add, you actually are more likely to get perks if you use a travel agent, usually the only thing offered through the cruise line is, maybe a promo with an OBC or an upgrade if the price does drop..

forget it: you are talking spring break, unless the price has gone way down since you made final payment you are getting what you paid for. I might add, you actually are more likely to get perks if you use a travel agent, usually the only thing offered through the cruise line is, maybe a promo with an OBC or an upgrade if the price does drop..

Prices for spring break are rock bottom right now. You can sail on the Epic for $309 inside. It doesn't hurt to ask. They do not have to do anything, but if they are willing too then good for you.

As stated, you first need to see if the price for your category has gone down by doing a mock booking (price that category for your sailing). Note that if it has, NCL will likely first offer you an upgraded cabin so see if you'd prefer to get the next categories, I'd say BC, BB, or BA if you're in a BX. Note that it is rare to get OBC for price drops after final payment. It does happen, but it's not their usual practice.

It won't hurt to ask! This is my first time on NCL only have cruised RCCL on the breakaway at the end of the month..I paid to upgrade and got no extras other than $5 dollars extra in obc but, it never hurts to ask..I just looked at prices and for my sailing the cruise is creeping up in price, so I would say call as soon as possible..I've also seen those posts you speak of..Whatever the outcome have a great cruise!

Our ship is the breakaway. We're in a BX cat. The only deal i have is $50 OBC (which i don't think is enough compared to what i've been reading) We're going as a family of 4. And paid nearly $6000.
As others have said, go to the NCL site and see if there is still availability in this category for your sailing, and what the rate would be for 4 people. At a glance, I'm seeing prices anywhere from $700 to $1700 (before taxes and fees) for the first person in the cheapest balcony for Breakaway sailings in March and April, so it really depends on your exact sail date. And the prices will continue to fluctuate as your cruise approaches, so you can really drive yourself crazy obsessing over this if you're not careful… :p