Epic balcony suggestions?

kenlyn

I am getting ready to book Epic for February 2015. I would like a midship balcony with cabins above and below. Could anyone suggest a deck that might

be most convenient to get around? I know the ship is huge so any help I get is greatly appreciated!

Epic balcony starts from deck 8, so if you want a cabin above and below, you can choose starting deck 9 to 13 (deck 14 only has other category cabins).

The point to remember is to try to be near the lifts/stairs to avoid long walk.

One other point is to check the bed location. It alternates, the bed can be near the bath, or near the balcony. See which suits your preference.

Oh yes. Mind you some cabins have "open balcony". Open to sunshine, to rain, and to the people above.

I'd say, choosing a cabin on the Epic is not that simple!

Enjoy your cruise!

Epic balcony starts from deck 8, so if you want a cabin above and below, you can choose starting deck 9 to 13 (deck 14 only has other category cabins).

The point to remember is to try to be near the lifts/stairs to avoid long walk.

One other point is to check the bed location. It alternates, the bed can be near the bath, or near the balcony. See which suits your preference.

Oh yes. Mind you some cabins have "open balcony". Open to sunshine, to rain, and to the people above.

I'd say, choosing a cabin on the Epic is not that simple!

Enjoy your cruise!

Ok...you are right! Not an easy pick! I guess a closed balcony would be best and also how do I know if there are any adjoining rooms? There will be three cabins total and we want to keep as close as we can.

Thanks for your help!

Here is a link that has a bunch of info on open balconies on the Epic. I found it very useful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523109

It also has some info about the "hull balconies" that are somewhat enclosed...with those cabins, you have to stand to really see out.

Also, since the search feature isn't working right now, you can always google what you a looking for and then add cruisecritic.com at the end and it will bring up links for this site.

Here is a link that has a bunch of info on open balconies on the Epic. I found it very useful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523109

It also has some info about the "hull balconies" that are somewhat enclosed...with those cabins, you have to stand to really see out.

Also, since the search feature isn't working right now, you can always google what you a looking for and then add cruisecritic.com at the end and it will bring up links for this site.

Great link! I usually use the search function but not today!

Thanks

and also how do I know if there are any adjoining rooms? There will be three cabins total and we want to keep as close as we can.

Thanks for your help!

Try a certain website starting with a t and ending with velocity. Available cabins in your selected category display with a flashing arrow. Easy to see three together.

I previously had #11120 just behind the forward hump and very near the forward elevator. Bed by the balcony. This worked well for me as I tend to use the stairs and the public areas were mainly 4 decks up or 4 decks down. I was also frequenting the solo gatherings in the studio lounge which was right around the corner. Going again this October and I chose the same deck and location, just a little more forward at the start of the hump since I could get a slightly larger angled balcony for the price of a regular balcony category BD. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

The deck plans on NCL's website will show connecting rooms with a small arrow. On the Epic, these are all on decks 13 and 14. So if you're looking for connecting rooms with rooms above and below, deck 13 is the winner.

I have more information on Epic cabins in my signature area. One of my links was already posted (thanks Disfan5!)

The deck plans on NCL's website will show connecting rooms with a small arrow. On the Epic, these are all on decks 13 and 14. So if you're looking for connecting rooms with rooms above and below, deck 13 is the winner.

I have more information on Epic cabins in my signature area. One of my links was already posted (thanks Disfan5!)

Awesome!!! Thanks

Deck thirteen may be the winner. I just want a normal balcony with my head covered by the balcony above me!

SDMike,

You balcony reviews really helped me when I was looking at booking and I just wanted to say "thanks!!" Was thinking of booking the cheapest balcony guarantee, till I realized that I could get a hull balcony or one of the uncovered ones. I hopefully booked a good room-12233. It has the bed closer to the balcony and it looks like it may have a smidge bigger balcony as it is right at the start of one of the humps.

• 4 months later...

I'm bumping this old thread to ask Super SDMike a question, but also wanted to say, wow! What a great wealth of info.

We are looking at booking a balcony cabin on Epic, probably BD category like 12272 or 12067. These are angled balcony cabins. We were real big on our angled balcony on Getaway, and were wondering if it makes much difference on Epic? I think of these 2, the balcony looks larger on 12067, but the room looks larger on 12272. There's a chance though that it's just my eyes wigging out from looking at all the curvy lines on the deck plans.

Any suggestions for a good BD cabin for 3 people? We want to see water if we can, and like being close to the stairs.

OP here, I also loved all of the great info SDmike! I ended up booking aft deck 11. I have sailed aft last two times and decided I could use the exercise .

Aft-facing? If so, best choice you can make! If you can grab a corner, do it. They are huge!!

I'm generally not a fan of aft-facing, partially because I can't stand to be down a long skinny hallway. Aren't they aft balconies enclosed on Epic? They look like it in the pictures. They look like there wouldn't be any wind, which would also be a deal breaker.

Also, keep in mind that I will spend a grand total of about 15 minutes on a balcony, so if this costs more than my BD category, it wouldn't make sense for me.

Edited by LrgPizza

I'm generally not a fan of aft-facing, partially because I can't stand to be down a long skinny hallway. Aren't they aft balconies enclosed on Epic? They look like it in the pictures. They look like there wouldn't be any wind, which would also be a deal breaker.

Also, keep in mind that I will spend a grand total of about 15 minutes on a balcony, so if this costs more than my BD category, it wouldn't make sense for me.

No - not enclosed at all, and they are in a regular hallway, but definitely away from foot traffic. It will definitely cost more as it's a B1 cat.

Edited by SissasMomE

Yup corner aft facing deck 11! Can't wait!

Me too - twice in a row, and switched out a suite to get the same cabin for a 3rd time :D

You will love it! Last time, there were little kids running up and down the hallways ... you don't have to worry about that with the corner afts. The balcony is huge! You will have lounge chairs and regular chairs, and a table. Last time, we had a corner aft and I had my teens right next door to us in the regular aft. The size of the balcony was a noticeable difference. Enjoy!!

Me too - twice in a row, and switched out a suite to get the same cabin for a 3rd time :D

You will love it! Last time, there were little kids running up and down the hallways ... you don't have to worry about that with the corner afts. The balcony is huge! You will have lounge chairs and regular chairs, and a table. Last time, we had a corner aft and I had my teens right next door to us in the regular aft. The size of the balcony was a noticeable difference. Enjoy!!

Now you have me all excited and I have to wait for 8 months! Cabin number is 11314 I made sure I got bed by balcony and I do love how quiet is in the aft. I checked deck plans and at least there is an elevator not to far away! Thanks for positive reviews!

Now you have me all excited and I have to wait for 8 months! Cabin number is 11314 I made sure I got bed by balcony and I do love how quiet is in the aft. I checked deck plans and at least there is an elevator not to far away! Thanks for positive reviews!

That's MY cabin! LOL I promise, you will love it!!

Edited by SissasMomE

It worked out really well for us. We love being on the main pool deck, or near it, and watching the activities, but sometimes, you just want to relax in peace and quiet. Whenever we were done with the pool deck, we'd go and hang on our balcony. Or, at night, to sit out and there and read. My husband used it way more than I did, but still ... you really cannot beat the location, IMO.

Our friends had a regular balcony cabin, and there was nothing wrong with it at all. We just prefer the larger ones. My husband uses it alot - laying out there, etc., so for us, it's worth it.

Maybe if I got a giant balcony I'd spend more time out there. Who knows. I just really really like being by the stairs. We'll see. We aren't even positive we are doing Epic. My husband just scolded me for jumping the gun. Lol

Maybe if I got a giant balcony I'd spend more time out there. Who knows. I just really really like being by the stairs. We'll see. We aren't even positive we are doing Epic. My husband just scolded me for jumping the gun. Lol

Did you see the pic of the angled balcony? That doesn't look bad at all!

That's MY cabin! LOL I promise, you will love it!!

In one of your previous posts you stated you had 11314 and 11316. I was wondering about the balcony divider between these 2 cabins. Is it possible to have them opened?