Norwegian Jade

Hi everyone! My husband and I are setting sail on Wednesday 12th march 2014 on Norwegian Jade Eastern Mediterranean cruise! It's our first cruise with ncl, previously we have cruised with royal carriabeann freedom of the seas!

So questions I would love answers to are as follows

Does the ship have wifi? Is it expensive?

Does the rooms have irons or should I bring my own?

Best non alcoholic drinks package?

What trips would you's advise we do?

Is room service inclusive?

Is the ships entertainment good quality and plentiful?

Any any other info you feel is relevant we would appreciate it

Many thanks and happy cruising y'all

Michelle:-))

Michelle :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone! My husband and I are setting sail on Wednesday 12th march 2014 on Norwegian Jade Eastern Mediterranean cruise! It's our first cruise with ncl, previously we have cruised with royal carriabeann freedom of the seas!

Does the ship have wifi? Is it expensive? Yes and YES, VERY!

Does the rooms have irons or should I bring my own? No irons, nor are you allowed to bring one. If found, it will be confiscated and returned at end of cruise. Safety issue. You can send your clothes out for pressing (at a fairly hefty price).

Best non alcoholic drinks package? No idea. We drink alcohol and wine.

What trips would you's advise we do? Too many to cover and would depend on your personal preferences. Look at the board for your port stops.

Is room service inclusive? No totally. There is a small charge late at night. I forget exactly what time. And a small charge for pizza delivery.

Is the ships entertainment good quality and plentiful? Yes. This was a real surprise to us in January 2014. Only the band "Guys and Doll" were a disappointment. Great music ruined by an aging lead singer who smokes way too many cigarettes.

Any any other info you feel is relevant we would appreciate it.

We found the food to be mediocre in the buffets and MDR. Cagney's steakhouse was EXCELLENT. We found our best approach was to enjoy a great lunch and bottle of wine in nearly every port, which kinda made up for the lackluster MDR food.

dress code is very casual. Even in the MDR, we frequently saw ripped jeans, sloppy t shirts and baseball caps.

Many thanks and happy cruising y'all ENJOY!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Yes and very

No irons , and you can't bring you own

Soda package

Come join the roll-call. Lots of advise on this one.

It is most of day. There is charge late at night.

Yes and yes

1. Does the ship have wifi? Is it expensive?

2. Does the rooms have irons or should I bring my own?

3. Best non alcoholic drinks package?

4. What trips would you's advise we do?

5. Is room service inclusive?

6. Is the ships entertainment good quality and plentiful?

I numbered the questions and answers are below:

1. Yes, the cost varies from $0.75/min (pay-as-you-go) to $0.55/min and $0.40/min (100min and 250min packages respectively).

2. No irons, you can't bring your own. You can ask the room steward to bring you one for about 30 minutes.

3. There is pretty much only one, the soda package ($6.50 + 15% per day).

4. Can't help you with that, sorry.

5. Yes. There is a surcharge of $3.95 for deliveries between midnight and 5 am. The room service breakfast selection depends on cabin category, regular non-suite cabins get only cold breakfast items. Full suites have more extensive room service through the butler.

6. Many feel that NCL has better entertainment than the competitors. I can't compare as we cruise exclusively with NCL but I have never felt that the entertainment would have been bad either (well, actually there have been some few borderline cases but then again, it's personal preference).

We've sailed several lines and the Jade is our favorite ship. I think you'll love it! The crew is wonderful and we've found many of the same people there over the years we've gone with them. We are on in April. Not sure which of the itineraries you are on.....the one that goes to Istanbul or the one that goes to Tunisia....would be glad to share what excursions we've booked with you if we're on the same one. Ours is the one that goes to Tunisia, Monaco, Sicily, Sardinia. Roll call is a great resource as other posters have mentioned. I'm hoping the Jade's fabulous (no exaggeration)cruise director, Gary Glading, is onboard when we go and hope the same for you.

I'm hoping the Jade's fabulous (no exaggeration)cruise director, Gary Glading, is onboard when we go and hope the same for you.

Gary Glading is no longer working with NCL at all, he is currently writing a new book.

Definitely check out our roll call - lots of great information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1892327&page=18

See you on board!

Now that is bad news!!! Do you know when he resigned?

November 2013 http://www.garyglading-international-entertainer.com/cv.html

Sorry we missed him. Sounds like a great talent.

We weren't overly impressed with Jill on the Jade in January, 2014, but I will say, she worked her butt off. Seems like she was ALWAYS someplace on that ship. We've never seen a CD out and about and working as much as we saw her (same statement would apply to the ships officers).

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all so much for your info re the Jade, we just arrived home last night after 11days on the Jade and it was second to none, we loved and cherished every second of our time onboard this beautiful ship!

The staff went out of there was to make it a holiday of a life time!

Now are biggest decision is what ship to experience next!!!!

I, for one, would be interested to hear your views on how it compared to Royal Caribbean. You can probably tell from my sig block that we are Jade fans and have tried one short RCCL cruise. We would be interested to know whether our RCCL was typical or a one-off.