Would Carnival do this?

KPfromCT

We just booked the Breeze for July. 8 night Southern:D:D

The couple we normally travel with, said they wouldn't be able to do it.

Well, low and behold, at 11:58 last night, before the NOWISTHETIME sale ended, they booked.:D

We normally get connecting Lido balconies, but there were none left.

There is one other passenger between us....

Would Carnival contact them to see if they'd be willing to switch with one of us?

I thought I read a thread once about this, but cannot find it for the life of me.

Thoughts?

KPfromCT,

Call your PVP and ask. If they're unable to accomodate then keep an eye out right after final payment date for openings.

If you're unable to trade prior you may be able to meet the middle folks once on board and talk them in to trading.

Is that person in the cabin you want, on your roll call? If so and they agree, it is simple. They call their PVP to say they are willing to change and then the 2 PVP's can do the change.

We did this once and my PVP said since it was their cabin, they had to initiate the change.

Good luck

Edited by mississauga

Is that person in the cabin you want, on your roll call? If so and they agree, it is simple. They call their PVP to say they are willing to change and then the 2 PVP's can do the change.

We did this once and my PVP said since it was their cabin, they had to initiate the change.

Good luck

I honestly don't know, but that is a great suggestion. Our roll call is currently a total DUD. There are only 8 people on there, with MAYBE 11 entries. lol

Well, I posted on our Roll Call ( which is a DUD ), so I am not too optimistic.

Also put a call into our PVP to see if he can help.

I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for now, and hope for the best!:D:D

Personally I would be VERY upset if they contacted me about this! If I rejected it, and you were a nasty type person, you could make my cruise really bad in retaliation for not agreeing to help you out.

Would you like them calling you and asking you to move? Imagine the people with a corner aft getting calls 20 times a day asking them to move elsewhere.

Personally I would be VERY upset if they contacted me about this! If I rejected it, and you were a nasty type person, you could make my cruise really bad in retaliation for not agreeing to help you out.

Would you like them calling you and asking you to move? Imagine the people with a corner aft getting calls 20 times a day asking them to move elsewhere.

Well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Glad it's not you in that cabin:rolleyes:

I for one would be FINE with it. It's not some GREAT location. It's the Lido deck.

And just an FYI....I am not a nasty person. If they don't want to move, I completely understand. If they do, they will receive a nice Thank You cake from Bon Voyage, compliments of US.:D:D

If I received a call for this and the cabin I was asked to switch with was comparable I'd gladly do it in a heartbeat. However if I had a specific cabin that was unique I'd say no and ask that my booking be marked as no changes.

If I were the one asking I would definitely meet the people who graciously agreed to switch and send something to their cabin as a thank you :)

You never know until you ask. I would feel horrible if I knew I was needlessly preventing two couples from being next door to each other. It never hurts to ask :)

If I received a call for this and the cabin I was asked to switch with was comparable I'd gladly do it in a heartbeat. However if I had a specific cabin that was unique I'd say no and ask that my booking be marked as no changes.

If I were the one asking I would definitely meet the people who graciously agreed to switch and send something to their cabin as a thank you :)

You never know until you ask. I would feel horrible if I knew I was needlessly preventing two couples from being next door to each other. It never hurts to ask :)

Thank you, Betty. I wish it were you in that cabin.:D:D

As I stated above, we would DEFINITELY be sending them a nice little something.

We'll just have to wait and see.....:o

Thanks Paul Medik!!

That thought did cross our minds..:D

Love your reviews.....Cannot wait to read your Pride review!! Enjoy!:D

KPfromCT,

Thank you; I'm very much looking forward to gathering the review info...then I'll be looking forward to writing it. ;) With the snow we're going to be getting in the next couple of days I'll be looking even more forward to it! :p

Well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Glad it's not you in that cabin:rolleyes:

I for one would be FINE with it. It's not some GREAT location. It's the Lido deck.

And just an FYI....I am not a nasty person. If they don't want to move, I completely understand. If they do, they will receive a nice Thank You cake from Bon Voyage, compliments of US.:D:D

I don't think you need to rolleyes at someone that has a very valid opinion. I picked my cabins for very specific reasons. They are not GREAT locations, but they are very close to my friends, they are across from each other. People have lots of reasons to select a certain cabin.

That being said I would feel weird if they asked me to switch cabins at the request of someone else. I'd feel the entire cruise that someone may be mad at me for saying no. Definitely not something I want to feel on vacation. It doesn't matter that you are not a nasty person. Nasty people exist and there would be no way for anyone to know if you were nasty or not.

I don't think you need to rolleyes at someone that has a very valid opinion. I picked my cabins for very specific reasons. They are not GREAT locations, but they are very close to my friends, they are across from each other. People have lots of reasons to select a certain cabin.

That being said I would feel weird if they asked me to switch cabins at the request of someone else. I'd feel the entire cruise that someone may be mad at me for saying no. Definitely not something I want to feel on vacation. It doesn't matter that you are not a nasty person. Nasty people exist and there would be no way for anyone to know if you were nasty or not.

Again, you are entitled to your opinion, and I appreciate it.

But I can guarantee you, if they say no, I will not egg their cabin.:rolleyes:

If they say yes, then great!!! If they say no, no hard feelings.

The way I look at it is, it cannot hurt to try.

They may be nice people that do not mind at all......

But I can assure you ALL, there will be no "retaliation" if they say NO.

What has this world come to?

You can sure give it a try, I know when we were on the Breeze last August we wanted connecting cabins but we could not get them because the cabin in between us was set up for 4 people and that is what they want in it, they told us that balcony cabins in a lot of cases accommodate 2, 3 or 4 people and that is what they put in them, give it a try though

Again, you are entitled to your opinion, and I appreciate it.

But I can guarantee you, if they say no, I will not egg their cabin.:rolleyes:

If they say yes, then great!!! If they say no, no hard feelings.

The way I look at it is, it cannot hurt to try.

They may be nice people that do not mind at all......

But I can assure you ALL, there will be no "retaliation" if they say NO.

What has this world come to?

You just don't get what I'm saying and you're actually being nasty by rolling your eyes at others' opinions. I am sure you won't be nasty. I'm sure you never mean to be nasty and I'm sure if a person said no to you, you wouldn't think twice about it.

My point is that it can hurt to try. If the people need to say no, they may feel that someone, probably someone very close to them, is unhappy with them for the entire cruise. It could be uncomfortable for them. That's all I'm trying to say.

You just don't get what I'm saying and you're actually being nasty by rolling your eyes at others' opinions. I am sure you won't be nasty. I'm sure you never mean to be nasty and I'm sure if a person said no to you, you wouldn't think twice about it.

My point is that it can hurt to try. If the people need to say no, they may feel that someone, probably someone very close to them, is unhappy with them for the entire cruise. It could be uncomfortable for them. That's all I'm trying to say.

But you are not them. Maybe that's your opinion, but not necessarily THEIRS!!!!! I'm sorry that you would be offended, but clearly, not everyone would be.

I wouldn't expect Carnival to ask a passenger to move simply for the convenience/ pleasure of another. Only if there were a medical need, for example, for a family to have adjoining cabins.

Instead, I suggest:

Make a sign that says 'Looking for cabin XYZ -- want to trade?' Hold it up while you're in the long check-in queues and sitting around waiting to board. If you luck out, offer them a bottle of wine or $50 or something to switch cabins. The check-in agents can assign the new key cards, as long as you are both there.

OR, plan to arrive early, and leave a note on their cabin door that makes a nice request (don't tell your life story, just request). Again, offer a gift as a thank you. If they've already unpacked, just move on.

Either way, you may make a new friend.

If someone asked me nicely, we would probably switch cabins, especially if they offered cash -- and had it in hand when they asked. Once on board, someone from each cabin (not all of you) needs to go to guest services and have key cards changed around.

But you are not them. Maybe that's your opinion, but not necessarily THEIRS!!!!! I'm sorry that you would be offended, but clearly, not everyone would be.

Nope, not everyone would be. But you don't know that and you are making the decision for them (assuming Carnival would actually ask). What if, just hypothetically, you get Carnival to ask and suddenly I get a phone call? You don't know, maybe it is me in that cabin. My point only that you may make someone feel uncomfortable and that is something you shouldn't do.

Edited by frayedend

Nope, not everyone would be. But you don't know that and you are making the decision for them (assuming Carnival would actually ask). What if, just hypothetically, you get Carnival to ask and suddenly I get a phone call? You don't know, maybe it is me in that cabin. My point only that you may make someone feel uncomfortable and that is something you shouldn't do.

Who are you to tell me what I should do and what I shouldn't do? If you don't like it then stop reading the thread. Clearly you are not the one in this cabin so how does this affect you? Geez

Who are you to tell me what I should do and what I shouldn't do? If you don't like it then stop reading the thread. Clearly you are not the one in this cabin so how does this affect you? Geez

To clarify my statement: In my opinion is something you shouldn't do. I did not mean to tell you what to do.

I say it doesn't hurt to ask. If I was booked in say, an aft cabin and was asked to move one cabin down for example, I wouldn't hesitate for one second. The worst they can say is no. And yes, some people book specific cabins for a reason but there are a heck of a lot that just have cabins assigned to them. Hope it all works out for everyone !

Sorry to disappoint you, but many people would not be offended or upset by such a request. During our Imagination sailing several years ago, my sister was asked to switch her connecting cabin so that a family could have the one cabin she was booked in. We've always used a TA and the TA made the call to her. Without hesitation she moved two doors down the hall. Same side of the ship, same cabin and balcony size. Big whoop. The guy was even nice enough to find my sister and thanked her, even though he knocked on the wrong door thinking she was the party directly next to them when she really moved down two doors. People in AFT balconies or cabins where there are very few of the style won't be ask to do another passenger a solid by moving to a cabin that isn't the same.

Not everyone is offended by extending a favor to a stranger. :rolleyes: All you can do is try OP. If the person says no, sobeit.