Water

asda

• 1 month later...
by the way, folks. The water is purified on board and outstanding to drink.

It is purified but chlorinated in order to keep the water pipes clean from contaminants. In bars and restaurants the water is again filtered to remove the chlorine taste, in cabins it is not.

Personally I wouldn't call the water from cabin tap "outstanding to drink" because of the taste - technically it is outstanding but some people do not care about the chlorine taste.

Just back from the Breakaway. My husband could not drink enough. The best water I ever had. No need to bring water unless you just want water bottle to carry. Even the cubes are purified. No after taste at all. Every where I went I asked for water w/lemon. Perfect temp too. Never had water that was so good. Hope this helps. Oh, yes, you can bring sealed water on ship.:D

Just back from the Breakaway. My husband could not drink enough. The best water I ever had. No need to bring water unless you just want water bottle to carry. Even the cubes are purified. No after taste at all. Every where I went I asked for water w/lemon. Perfect temp too. Never had water that was so good. Hope this helps. Oh, yes, you can bring sealed water on ship.:D

I like the cruise ship water, but I think the NYC water is much better.

The carbon filtered water in bars and restaurants (and used to make ice cubes too) is excellent, that is very true.

It is purified but chlorinated in order to keep the water pipes clean from contaminants. In bars and restaurants the water is again filtered to remove the chlorine taste, in cabins it is not.

Personally I wouldn't call the water from cabin tap "outstanding to drink" because of the taste - technically it is outstanding but some people do not care about the chlorine taste.

I never noticed any chlorine or any other taste in the water

I never noticed any chlorine or any other taste in the water

I think that depends on what one is used to - it is not so peculiar always but most times enough for me to rather carry bottled water onboard for in cabin drinking. Finland and other Northern European countries are often all ranked being in top-10 of places with world's cleanest drinking water so I'm pretty used to water having no taste what so ever.

Edited by Demonyte

The carbon filtered water in bars and restaurants (and used to make ice cubes too) is excellent, that is very true.

Yes, I agree. It is definitely different from the cabin water, though. We usually just consume whatever water is from the mini bar. My parents are traveling with us though, and they want to bring their large bottles onboard with them.

stupid question - can you carry sealed bottled water on during embarkation? Not a case - just a couple of large bottles.

On my last cruise March 30 on Breakaway, at the ny pier

I saw people bringing Cases of water .

:eek:

What's good to one person is not always good to another.When my adult daughter visits me, she raves about how good my tap water tastes.

I really can't stand the taste of my tap water and never drink it:)

I only drink bottled water, and I drink like 7 or 8 bottles a day. THAT'S MY PREFERENCE

On my last cruise March 30 on Breakaway, at the ny pier

I saw people bringing Cases of water .

:eek:

Yeah, that I know. My parents specifically want to bring 2 bottles of sealed smartwater with them :rolleyes: You know how people get when they get older LOL

Yes, I agree. It is definitely different from the cabin water, though. We usually just consume whatever water is from the mini bar. My parents are traveling with us though, and they want to bring their large bottles onboard with them.

Yes you can but makes the luggage weight a lot. What I did, I have the cabin steward empty my refridge and fill my ice bucket. I ordered room service and asked for a few glasses of water w/lemon on side and OJ. I always had something cold to drink in the room that way. But, some people just like to carry a bottle. I could not be bothered LOL. Just ordered water where ever I was. The bartenders and even the servers that walk around taking drink orders will bring you water.

It should be noted that ships bunker water at certain ports; Boston for example. If you are departing from Boston, you are initially consuming water imported from the Quabbin Reservoir in Central Massachusetts.

It should be noted that ships bunker water at certain ports; Boston for example. If you are departing from Boston, you are initially consuming water imported from the Quabbin Reservoir in Central Massachusetts.

Actually, you would not be consuming the Boston water for at least 18 hours, which is how long the test for coliform bacteria takes. All water taken from shore must be segregated until it passes the coliform test.

I won't repeat my cut and paste post about water, since I see some folks are taking my words to heart, from the above posts. If you want chapter and verse on ship's water, check my posting history.

Yes, you can bring water onboard. Be warned, however, that there is a large cottage industry in many countries of refilling water bottles and fitting new caps with a relatively inexpensive capping machine.

I will repeat one tip: If the chlorine taste is objectionable, leave a pitcher or bottle of tap water around for 1-2 hours, and the chlorine will have dissipated.

Get them a couple of Brita type filtered water bottles. Lighter.

Beer is 95-98% water. Problem solved. Thank me later.

:):):) Thanks for the post! Same for wine....

Couple more thoughts re water on board. I've never noticed a chlorine taste, either. Always drink the water in the restaurants, buffet, etc. but we bring metal water bottles to take along on excursions, etc., rather than water bottles. We've done the ship tours, and the amount of recycling is tremendous. This way, we have it both ways:)