Specialty restaurant pkgs

floralscent

I know food is a very personal/subjective thing but do you like to eat at Silk Harvest? How is the food and atmosphere? Is there a nice quiet spot with a table for 2?

We have sailed on S-class ships before but Silk Harvest was not on board either of those ships. From pictures I have seen online it looks like most tables are larger. Is this true and if so...is it a loud restaurant?

The resaon I ask is because I am considering purchasing a 3 or 5 night specialty restaurant package prior to sailing and Silk Harvest is of course among the dinners included in the package. I know we can purchase dinners on board and possibly even on "sale" but I prefer to have this all ironed out prior to sailing if possible.

Any experiences with the pkg or at Silk Harvest are welcome.

Thank you!

Silk Harvest is a great restaurant. I wish they'd scrap Qsine and put it on all the ships. The sushi rolls are excellent. In fact, I can't think of a dish on the whole menu that we didn't like. (And we've tried almost everything.)

They do have small tables for 2 by the window that are nice. We ate there twice on our last cruise and before then thought we would never eat there. The Assistant Matrie d' was someone from our prior cruise and one of the servers talked us into dining there. We enjoyed the food and ended up going back on the last night because we ran into some friends from Canada who were on board with family. I have to confess there were 14 of us at the table, speaking French and English (some with more success than others) & we were probably too loud for other diners. Except for soup & sushi we had every dish on the menu. Only thing we did not like were the egg rolls.

Mary Lou