what if your flight does not take off - will carnival let you switch cruises?

Its the responsibility of the person sailing to be there!!

No one elses.

Yea, don't see how this would be on Carnival at all. The poster should be making arrangements with their airline to take an earlier flight if there appears to be inclement weather on their scheduled departure date.

Its the responsibility of the person sailing to be there!!

No one elses.

Yea, don't see how this would be on Carnival at all. The poster should be making arrangements with their airline to take an earlier flight if there appears to be inclement weather on their scheduled departure date.

OP is just simply wondering what their options are and if in anyones experience they were able to offer any help. I didnt see one time where they said oh no its carnivals fault it is snowing and they must now help me make a different cruise:rolleyes:

:D:D Ahhhhhh, Al Gore and his Global Warming campaign.....unreal.

Yes, SO glad we went from 6-12" to a coating to 2"

20's early in the week, but Thursday and Friday, a HEAT wave. 40's!!!:D

Come on JULY!!!!!:D

LOL:) I'm thinking they call it "climate change" now.. In De. we went from them predicting 8-14" to actually getting about 3". I am waiting for April.

OP is just simply wondering what their options are and if in anyones experience they were able to offer any help. I didnt see one time where they said oh no its carnivals fault it is snowing and they must now help me make a different cruise:rolleyes:

I was thinking on the same lines.....OP only asked what Carnival will allow, not what Carnival will do to get them to the ship.

Some people read more into a post then really is there.

Yes you can book a cruise even the day before if it is available online. You can also book a cruise on the day of but you have to call Carnival who will call the ship to make sure there are cabins left. Usually the prices aren't any better, and sometimes worse, than booking in advance unless there are lots of cabins open due to hurricanes or other weather problems.

Good luck!

The big problem for them is this is spring break so most ships will be full. Instead of worrying about it I would change my flights and go a day early. We're on the Breeze March 29 and are flying in the day before.

It would be great to take an earlier flight out but some of us have to work, and can not leave a say earlier.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

:D:D Ahhhhhh, Al Gore and his Global Warming campaign.....unreal.

Yes, SO glad we went from 6-12" to a coating to 2"

20's early in the week, but Thursday and Friday, a HEAT wave. 40's!!!:D

Come on JULY!!!!!:D

Temperature is all relative isn't it. We are in the 40s this week, but we were -20 over the weekend! :eek: all the kids are at recess with no coats. My Mom puts a coat on when drops below 60 degrees. She lives in Phoenix. :p

I am very concerned that my wife and I are scheduled to travel for our 10 year anniversary on the Carnival Breeze leaving Saturday March 15 from Miami then heading to grand turk as the first stop. My concern is with all the snow we are getting in the Northeast this winter, what if the flight does not leave the morning of the cruise. Will Carnival allow us if there is room on a sunday cruise to change to another ship? The reason I ask this is that it does not seem after a pretty detailed search that there are any flights on the 15th, 16, or 17 from either Boston to Grand Turk (GDT) or even from Miami, Fort Lauderdale or even PBI to Grand Turks.

I know the insurance can be purchased for missed connections, but what do you do if there are no flight to the next port?

If you purchase your air through Carnival, they will be responsible for you. Your options for changing your ship or sail date depend on the type of fare that you booked. If you didn't book your air through Carnival and have difficulty getting to the ship the day of your cruise, there is an 800 number on your boarding pass that you can call to inform Carnival and see what your options are. Sometimes if you are late they will hold the ship for a while, but not always.

Good luck. Hope your embarkation day goes smoothly.

I wouldn't count on them holding the ship - in 2008 there was a massive storm and over 200 people missed the departure of the Carnival Freedom - we were just making the approach into Miami and could see the ship sailing away - right on time.

I wouldn't count on them holding the ship - in 2008 there was a massive storm and over 200 people missed the departure of the Carnival Freedom - we were just making the approach into Miami and could see the ship sailing away - right on time.

The question is not if they will hold up the ship. They are asking if it is possible for carnival to switch them to another cruise leaving the next day if the have issues with their flight.

Temperature is all relative isn't it. We are in the 40s this week, but we were -20 over the weekend! :eek: all the kids are at recess with no coats. My Mom puts a coat on when drops below 60 degrees. She lives in Phoenix. :p

That's hilarious!! I'm like your Mom! Sometimes in the middle of a hot summer, my hands and feet are freezing while the rest of me is warm. I have become kind of a wussy living in Southern California...when it drops below 70, I pack a sweater! LOL!

[quote name='Family Travel Story']It would be great to take an earlier flight out but some of us have to work, and can not leave a say earlier.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app[/quote]
Which again is not Carnival's problem.
They might help, but they certainly are not obligated to.