Coke Machines

rjrpar

Each can you buy on board will be billed at a "very reasonable" $2.75. :eek:

Buy a 12-pack (or two!) on your way to the pier and put a luggage tag on it. It will be delivered to your stateroom with your luggage... and save you enough for a meal at Tuscan Grill! ;)

Each can you buy on board will be billed at a "very reasonable" $2.75. :eek:

Buy a 12-pack (or two!) on your way to the pier and put a luggage tag on it. It will be delivered to your stateroom with your luggage... and save you enough for a meal at Tuscan Grill! ;)

My wife always gets the soda package. Just wondering if the new machines were on X, they are very convenient on the RCCL ships.

My wife always gets the soda package. Just wondering if the new machines were on X, they are very convenient on the RCCL ships.

As others have said, no. On X they use cans of soda if you have the package. One benefit of this is that you can get an unopened can of soda to take back to the cabin for later use.

I wish! I'm seriously considering RCCL just for those machines on our next cruise. :)

On the Summit in January, it was too difficult to get a diet coke. I had a drink package, but often whatever bar I went to, after waiting in line, didn't have any. They expected me to be happy with regular coke or caffeine free coke. :eek:

Sometimes they will pour the can over ice in a glass, and sometimes they will just give you a can. You can only get one at a time, and I typically drink two at a meal. At the buffet you would have to wander around to find a bar that had a diet coke before getting your food, or else your food would be cold by the time you found one. Then I would have to get up, or sometimes dh would volunteer, to go find a second one while we were still eating. Having a big glass of diet coke after an exhausting and warm day in port would have been nice, but instead I would wander around to sometimes 2 or 3 bars, and sometimes completely unsuccessful, trying to find one after coming back from port.

Hate to be a downer as our cruise was wonderful other than this. My recommendation is bring a couple of 12 packs on the ship with you.

Carol, they always seem to have plenty of Diet Cokes at Cafe Bacio on any ship and any time of day. My husband always brings a couple two-liters and fills a glass in the morning before breakfast (we don't drink coffee). We've also brought a couple 12 packs of cans. Maybe that's what you should do. We stick a pack on top of each rolling suitcase with its own tag and a couple hours later they're in the room. Typically we'll purchase them that morning at a Walgreens or something before heading for the pier.

Carol, it is so disappointing to read that diet coke was hard to find! It's bad enough I'm a diet cherry pepsi drinker and I prefer "on tap" vs cans, but then to have a hard time finding it.......yikes! I buy the soda package because it's convenient for me and I drink enough (way too much) that I know it pays for itself. I hope that was an isolated incident and not a trend. Otherwise, I'll save my soda package cost and bring my own diet pepsi cherry on board, along with my anti-gravity chair so that I don't have to deal with chair hogs :-)....ok only kidding.

Carol, they always seem to have plenty of Diet Cokes at Cafe Bacio on any ship and any time of day. My husband always brings a couple two-liters and fills a glass in the morning before breakfast (we don't drink coffee). We've also brought a couple 12 packs of cans. Maybe that's what you should do. We stick a pack on top of each rolling suitcase with its own tag and a couple hours later they're in the room. Typically we'll purchase them that morning at a Walgreens or something before heading for the pier.

I did complain to guest relations and their recommendation was to get it at Cafe Bacio, and they did always have it. However, they always just had one guy working and when the two people in front of you want complicated coffee drinks, it's frustrating to wait 10 minutes just for a guy to hand you a can of coke. So, I only went that route a couple of times.

While I don't drink that much diet coke (only a can or so a day at most when on a cruise) I have never asked for a can and not had it available. I'm not doubting the experience relayed above but it might have been an exception and unusual shortage.

Up to a couple years back the soda package only included fountain sodas. While they usually provide you with cans now, I imagine you could still get fountain sodas on request as I presume they still have the fountain guns operational. So that might be an option or alternative.

Oh, btw, the caffeine free diet coke is called "light".

Actually Coca Cola Light is the name under which Diet Coke is sold in some parts of the world including the Caribbean. It does have caffeine. A quick google search confirmed this.

As far as I could tell, there were no fountains in place for soda. Even at the large bar at the back of the ship off the buffet (Sunset?), they would hunt for cans of Diet Coke. When they were out of cans, sometimes it was tough luck. But one very nice bartender went off for 10 minutes looking for some. Unfortunately without success. I had one bartender tell me one morning he thought they had some stored somewhere below on the ship and they would hopefully unload it sometime that day while we were at port. That evening, they were opening larger screw cap bottles and pouring it into glasses with ice, saying that's all they had. It looked like someone might have even gone ashore and purchased some?

At the bar at the entrance to the buffet, there was no diet coke the first two days. Then they had it for a couple of days, then none again for the rest of the cruise.

While having lunch on St. John with a couple from an excursion on Friday, the husband was drinking Diet Coke as well as myself and they brought up the frustrating inability to get it on the ship. So it wasn't just me. Admittedly, I tend to drink 8-10 a day when on vacation, as it's really the only thing I drink other than water, so it affected me more than most people I'm sure.

Other than the previously mentioned episode with the plastic bottles, it was always served in a can but the cans were taller and skinnier than I've seen previously. Coca Cola Light is what I order in Mexico for Diet Coke but I thought the ship's cans had the typical Diet Coke logo. I didn't notice what it was at the ports.

I only drink diet coke. I have never had any problem getting it on any of my many trips on celebrity. On Europe trips the coke is called Coke Light as that is the brand they sell it as over there. In England it is called diet coke.

As far as I could tell, there were no fountains in place for soda. Even at the large bar at the back of the ship off the buffet (Sunset?), they would hunt for cans of Diet Coke. When they were out of cans, sometimes it was tough luck. But one very nice bartender went off for 10 minutes looking for some. Unfortunately without success. I had one bartender tell me one morning he thought they had some stored somewhere below on the ship and they would hopefully unload it sometime that day while we were at port. That evening, they were opening larger screw cap bottles and pouring it into glasses with ice, saying that's all they had. It looked like someone might have even gone ashore and purchased some?

At the bar at the entrance to the buffet, there was no diet coke the first two days. Then they had it for a couple of days, then none again for the rest of the cruise.

While having lunch on St. John with a couple from an excursion on Friday, the husband was drinking Diet Coke as well as myself and they brought up the frustrating inability to get it on the ship. So it wasn't just me. Admittedly, I tend to drink 8-10 a day when on vacation, as it's really the only thing I drink other than water, so it affected me more than most people I'm sure.

Other than the previously mentioned episode with the plastic bottles, it was always served in a can but the cans were taller and skinnier than I've seen previously. Coca Cola Light is what I order in Mexico for Diet Coke but I thought the ship's cans had the typical Diet Coke logo. I didn't notice what it was at the ports.

There must have been something unusual about this cruise because on my first one I had no trouble getting one in any venue I went to. I was not happy about paying the same amount for one can that I pay for an entire 12 pack so on my next cruise I slapped a luggage tag on 2 twelve packs and had plenty.

My traveling companions had NO trouble getting cans anytime they wanted them on both cruises. I suspect they may have had a delivery problem prior to sailing that created the shortage on your particular cruise.

Edited by Clydesmom7865