Gratuities and parking question

kajasmin

Hey there! Doing my budget for our cruise in June... if its an 8 day on the Carnival breeze, its 8 days charged for gratuities? since we leave on the 9th?

Anyone know if such is the case with parking as well?

Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun....

You are charged for each per night.

POM parking (on site, last time I went out of there Nov 2013) was $20 per overnight. So $160 for 8 night Breeze. There is off-site parking for around half the price but most reports are it is hit and miss, companies use similar sounding names and it's all a bit shady. Parking at the port was painless but $20 a night is a stinger.

The charge for parking at the Miami garages is $20 per night. However, if you happen to have a "Handicap Tag" from Florida and any other state, you can park free. When you go into the garage with your tag hanging from your mirror, they will wave you in. Then when you return from the cruise, you show your "Handicap Tag" to the person on duty as you go out and they also check your drivers license. Pretty good to save $140 for a seven day cruise.:)

The charge for parking at the Miami garages is $20 per night. However, if you happen to have a "Handicap Tag" from Florida and any other state, you can park free. When you go into the garage with your tag hanging from your mirror, they will wave you in. Then when you return from the cruise, you show your "Handicap Tag" to the person on duty as you go out and they also check your drivers license. Pretty good to save $140 for a seven day cruise.:)

Public parking charges will apply to vehicles parking at PortMiami’s public parking facilities that display a disabled parking permit or license tag, except as provided by Florida state law*. However, a vehicle displaying a disabled parking permit or license tag will be allowed up to two (2) hours of free parking. Any vehicle exceeding the two-hour free parking period will be charged for the entire time the vehicle uses the facility.

*In accordance with Florida state law, no parking charges will be imposed on any vehicle with specialized equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls, for use by a person with a disability, or any vehicle displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit.

Edited by FireEater

Not much of a trade off in my oppinin:confused:

...Hate to burst everyone's bubble, But the free parking for cars with Handicap tags was discontinued a short time ago. Everyone pays the $20/day fee. Talking from experience. We usually drive down to Miami with my In-laws and their car. She has a Handicap tag. Had to pay the parking fee.

From the Port of Miami website.

Effective Nov 16, 2013

Based on Ordinance 13-104 That Amends Section 30-338.2 of the Miami–Dade County Code;

Public parking charges will apply to vehicles parking at PortMiami’s public parking facilities that display a disabled parking permit or license tag, except as provided by Florida state law*. However, a vehicle displaying a disabled parking permit or license tag will be allowed up to two (2) hours of free parking. Any vehicle exceeding the two-hour free parking period will be charged for the entire time the vehicle uses the facility.

*In accordance with Florida state law, no parking charges will be imposed on any vehicle with specialized equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls, for use by a person with a disability, or any vehicle displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit.

I checked Ft Lauderdale and Pt Canaveral and they only show the "In accordance with Florida State law" quote. Since I have a handicap vehicle tag (not hang tag) and a ramp with cart I do not pay the fee. Had a hard time convincing the attendant one time that the vehicle tag was as good as a hang tag and they were looking right at the carrier with my cart on it.

...Hate to burst everyone's bubble, But the free parking for cars with Handicap tags was discontinued a short time ago. Everyone pays the $20/day fee. Talking from experience. We usually drive down to Miami with my In-laws and their car. She has a Handicap tag. Had to pay the parking fee.

The only free parking is if the vehicle has specialized equipment on it.

As for parking fees, if it's an eight night cruise, you pay 9 days parking. They consider you are still in their parking lot the day you get off the ship. The off site parking does the same.

The only free parking is if the vehicle has specialized equipment on it.

As for parking fees, if it's an eight night cruise, you pay 9 days parking. They consider you are still in their parking lot the day you get off the ship. The off site parking does the same.

This is wrong. I'm not sure where you've been parking. But we've sailed (and consequently parked at) NOLA, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Miami, and all those places you can plan on paying for parking for the same days as your cruise.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This is wrong. I'm not sure where you've been parking. But we've sailed (and consequently parked at) NOLA, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Miami, and all those places you can plan on paying for parking for the same days as your cruise.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

In Port Canaveral, they hit you up for the extra day - at the places you have mentioned, it has been for the same number of nights as the cruise.

In Port Canaveral, they hit you up for the extra day - at the places you have mentioned, it has been for the same number of nights as the cruise.

Port Canaveral is one of the easiest port for off site parking though. Most all motel/hotels have free parking or park/cruise package if you spend the night before. We have even found some that let friends/family also park for free or a small fee when they didn't spend the night. We have never waited more than 30 mins on a shuttle, most are already waiting.

Edited by scuabacruiser

We did off site last year... it was a pain after because we did self checkout and waited over an hour for the shuttle. Thanks for the info! i forgot about them!

We usually use off site of motel/hotel to free park. In Miami motel/hotel free parking just doesn't exist close to port, just off site reduced rate. You are right. We have also had a long wait for off site p/u. So the question, is it worth it to pay a low fee and wait or to pay the port fee?

Edited by scuabacruiser