How can family contact you in an emergency

2red4u

We won't have phones on or be checking emails and are hoping a family member stays at house while we are gone. But if there is an emergency situation( like our parents for what ever reasons on deaths bed) is there a number they can call to get a message to us to call them ASAP. We will be checking in at the ports, but in that rare case of needing to be ready to Fly home quickly, I just want to be to give instructions if they truely need to get in touch.

When you check in and receive your sail card, the ships number will be displayed. This is mostly there so pax can call the ship if they are late returning at ports...

We usually take a picture of the card prior to boarding and email them to our families in case they need to reach us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

A bit more info to add to the last post:

Norwegian Ship Telephone & Fax Numbers

When calling from the United States: Dial 1.888.NC SHIPS (627.4477), select the ship, and enter your credit card information. When Calling from outside the United States: Dial 1.732.335.3280, select the ship, and enter your credit card information.

*Please use American Express, MasterCard and Discover Card, only.

In addition & whenever possible, it is important to provide them with your stateroom or cabin # as you would know by the time you check-in at the pier for embarkation, text them or leave a voice mail - in addition to what's suggested. For security & privacy reasons, it does not have your stateroom info, only the guest's name & ship's telephone number.

Calls can be routed directly to your stateroom, and if unanswered, will go to voicemail - and a blinking light will alert you to check the system. Ship-to-shore calling rates over satellite links have been lowered, it's now $2 (or $1.95) per minute to call home or office, etc.

I didn't realize the "ship's" number was on the key cards but to the person taking the photo of the key card - it's the same number on all of my Breakaway, Gem, Jewel, Star and Dawn cards. It's +1-732-335-3280 on all of them. :eek: I always take the freestyle daily to ports to be able to contact the port authority too.

Edited by peg013

Look closely at your eDocs (they ones you download from the NCL site and print before the cruise). They eDocs should have phone numbers and e-mail address that can be used to route messages directly to your cabin.

It is not cheap, but if it is for emergency, you likely do not care about the cost.

Edited by em-sk

I always take the freestyle daily to ports to be able to contact the port authority too.

I made it easy the last cruise. I take my camera anyway into port. Before I left the ship, I just took a close up photo of the port authority info. That way no need to take the whole daily, tear off that spot of the daily or chance writing the information incorrectly.