Live From the Royal Princess 3/2-3/9

NeurosurgeryNP

Really enjoying your review, can't wait for YOUR pics!! We'll be on her in 5 :D weeks! Could you answer a few questions about getting off at Princess Cays?

1. Where do you go to get a tender ticket (how does it work if we don't have priority tickets)?

2. Do we take towels from the ship & where do we get them, also do we have to bring back the wet, sandy used towels if we need to bring them from the ship or do we leave them on the beach for crew pick up?

3. We're renting a Clamshell & not getting off ship till maybe 10:30, do you know if we can move it to an area close to the water, if all those are already taken?

4. Lastly, will we need water shoes, is it rocky in the water?

THANKS! :eek:

Really enjoying your review, can't wait for YOUR pics!! We'll be on her in 5 :D weeks! Could you answer a few questions about getting off at Princess Cays?

1. Where do you go to get a tender ticket (how does it work if we don't have priority tickets)?

2. Do we take towels from the ship & where do we get them, also do we have to bring back the wet, sandy used towels if we need to bring them from the ship or do we leave them on the beach for crew pick up?

3. We're renting a Clamshell & not getting off ship till maybe 10:30, do you know if we can move it to an area close to the water, if all those are already taken?

4. Lastly, will we need water shoes, is it rocky in the water?

THANKS! :eek:

If you are leaving at 10:30 they may not have to have tender tickets anymore. Depends on when the ship arrives and how fast the first rush gets off.

Yes take the beach towels that your cabin steward provides.They will announce where tickets are and where you will need to wait.

Sometimes they have a large bin to throw the towels in on the way back either on shore or at the gangway.

The clamshells are all in the same area together. It would depend on how crowded the area is.

Yes the water area is rocky, best to have water shoes.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

If you are leaving at 10:30 they may not have to have tender tickets anymore. Depends on when the ship arrives and how fast the first rush gets off.

Yes take the beach towels that your cabin steward provides.They will announce where tickets are and where you will need to wait.

Sometimes they have a large bin to throw the towels in on the way back either on shore or at the gangway.

The clamshells are all in the same area together. It would depend on how crowded the area is.

Yes the water area is rocky, best to have water shoes.

Wow, you're a wealth of information...thanks!! :D So you only need a tender ticket when it's early/busy? (the ship is to arrive at 9:00) It's your cabin steward that gives you the beach towels, we don't have to check them out and return them before we can get clean ones (we had to do this on Allure)? That would be great, as long as we don't have to carry dirty, wet ones back!

Wow, you're a wealth of information...thanks!! :D So you only need a tender ticket when it's early/busy? (the ship is to arrive at 9:00) It's your cabin steward that gives you the beach towels, we don't have to check them out and return them before we can get clean ones (we had to do this on Allure)? That would be great, as long as we don't have to carry dirty, wet ones back!

you will need to bring the wet dirty towels back to the ship. There are usually big bins once you board to put them in, but if not return them to your room.

They also had 5-10 min performances by an acrobat - who was very good and the dancers singers.

Thank you for answering my entertainment questions and thanks for the review. I am 17 days and 6 hours away from boarding and your review is very helpful to me for planning our sea days.

Do you know what was available at the Horizon Court on the formal nights in the dining room? I just know I can cram more shoes and clothes in our suitcase if I don't have to leave room for suits for my DH and DS for formal nights!!

DS doesn't eat lobster and DH will get his at Crown Grill so if the dinner offering in HC is pretty good on formal nights, maybe I can win this debate.

Correct, after the big rush they will announce that tender tickets are no longer required. Then you would proceed directly to the gangway.

Yes Stewart will provide clean ones throughout the cruise, no checking in/out towels. Just have to get them to the bin wherever they have it. We usually carry them back to the cabin for Stewart to p/u.

Thank you for answering my entertainment questions and thanks for the review. I am 17 days and 6 hours away from boarding and your review is very helpful to me for planning our sea days.

Do you know what was available at the Horizon Court on the formal nights in the dining room? I just know I can cram more shoes and clothes in our suitcase if I don't have to leave room for suits for my DH and DS for formal nights!!

DS doesn't eat lobster and DH will get his at Crown Grill so if the dinner offering in HC is pretty good on formal nights, maybe I can win this debate.

I can't comment on HC dinner - we were always in the MDR.

As for the towels - on the Royal - they also had towels up on the pool deck for use - you didn't need to sign them out.

We used the clamshell on PC and got off early so we could get one where we could see the water and not the back of another clamshell. So we did go for a tender ticket. We were off to the right of the ship of you're looking at the flags but the rental house. There the beach was sandy and we didn't need water shoes.

It has been posted on CC Gelato & Crepes are included in the all inclusive alcohol package, can you confirm?

Thanks and sorry to hear it was cool and windy on your first Sea Day!

I just got off the Royal Princess today and had the drink package as well. Yes on Ice Cream and Crepes. Anything on the menu in the gelateria is included. Crepes are only available on sea days and I was told from 2pm to 4pm.

Just read the entire thread....I was on the same cruise and also had late dining in the Allegro. To me, that is the only way to go. I like going to a show and THEN going to a leisurely dinner.

To the OP (Jen and Tim): Were you by any chance at a six-top table with only four people nightly? Just wondering if you might have been the folks next to us in the dining room.

Edited by recyclelady

Just read the entire thread....I was on the same cruise and also had late dining in the Allegro. To me, that is the only way to go. I like going to a show and THEN going to a leisurely dinner.

To the OP (Jen and Tim): Were you by any chance at a six-top table with only four people nightly? Just wondering if you might have been the folks next to us in the dining room.

Yup - That was us! :) The last night must have been quite amusing for you - we couldn't stop laughing with our new friends.

Didn't realize the gelato and crepes were included. Oh well - next time.

Crepes? Really? :eek:

Yes they are definitely included. When I purchased the drink package the bartender was not sure ice cream or crepes were included since no information stated they were. He double checked and found out everything in the gelateria is part of the package. One of my travel companions was able to order crepes with the drink package. Had no problems using my package in the gelateria, all the employees who worked there knew what the sticker meant on the card.