Live From the Royal Princess 3/2-3/9

NeurosurgeryNP

I too am wondering about the Martinis-foo foo as well! lol

I am also wondering about the frozen yummy fancy drinks....I like to get the odd one and wondered if they were included or not. I'm thinking not because I think they are more than 10 bucks....unless it's the drink of the day.

Trying to talk hubby into this package and he doesn't want to, I'm thinking it will benefit us though!

I'm thinking if I remember correctly the foo foo martinis were $8.25 last year. We had enough of them. My goal this year is to try all 75 different kinds :) Yep we are getting our money worth on that drink card.

how much is the drink package for 10 day cruise

thanks

$560 per person for 10 days. Princess is only now starting this package so no freebies. I think a complimentary package is being offered in 2015 on the Caribbean Princess... I think but not sure it's for one of the Eiropean cruises. I don't see Princesa offering this for free for quite a while yet. Maybe one day.

$560 per person for 10 days. Princess is only now starting this package so no freebies. I think a complimentary package is being offered in 2015 on the Caribbean Princess... I think but not sure it's for one of the Eiropean cruises. I don't see Princesa offering this for free for quite a while yet. Maybe one day.

Hahahaa! Kinda funny! And they wonder why people try to bring booze onboard with that pricing.... Too funny! I will continue to do what I do then.....

Hahahaa! Kinda funny! And they wonder why people try to bring booze onboard with that pricing.... Too funny! I will continue to do what I do then.....

$49/day per person + 15% gratuity is in line in what other cruise lines charge for their similar packages.

And what the other lines have been offering is what many have posted they wanted Princess to offer.

Would live to see any pics of your cabin and platter. Will be on this cruise ship in sept

I would love to see the Patters, also, I'll be on her next month :D Please....the most recent one I can find is from the first of Dec. 2013....I know you'd make others very happy, too! It seems not to many are posting these :o Thanks!!!

Yep, This is my real last name. It's not rare, but there is never many of us in a phone book. Yes we will be on the Royal March 30th.

Maybe you guys can meet each other at the M&G ! It's on 4/1/14 at 10:30 in Club 6.

I would love to know what kind of music to expect in the atrium area and do they have a magician performing ? I'm like a small child when it comes to magicians, wide eyed and on the edge of my seat (LOL).

I also love accapella singing, like Pentatonics and Delilah. Do they have anything like that?

Who are the comedians on board this month ? If you've seen them, how were they?

Thank you so much for posting live. I don't sail until March 30th so if you want you can wait until you're back to answer my questions. I'll be glued to my monitor waiting for your review anyway!!

Still happy with alcohol package? Pondering whether to purchase on our March 16 sailing. The only problem I see might be wine choices. We typically buy nice bottles of wine for dinner so would have to go with wine glass options. What do you think of the options?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It has been posted on CC Gelato & Crepes are included in the all inclusive alcohol package, can you confirm?

Thanks and sorry to hear it was cool and windy on your first Sea Day!

No gelato included. No crepes onboard.

It's actually fairly reasonable if you have specialty coffees, drink a soda, wine with dinner and a couple of cocktails.. voila, it's paid off! And no, you don't have to be a drunk to enjoy the package!!!!

Re: alcohol pkg. If I did my math correctly, on our upcoming 17 night cruise, the pkg. for the two of us would be close to $2000.00. WOW!

Just can't justify it. We like wine, occ. cocktails, occ. specialty coffees, etc.

Knowing me, I'd want to get my money's worth and would likely drink a lot more than I should, never mind the added on calories of all those beverages.

To each his own, I guess. I wish there was a smaller package to purchase. We will look at the wine pkgs but, not sure that will work for us either. Can someone please post or repost the Royal's current wine pkgs ?

No gelato included. No crepes onboard.

It's actually fairly reasonable if you have specialty coffees, drink a soda, wine with dinner and a couple of cocktails.. voila, it's paid off! And no, you don't have to be a drunk to enjoy the package!!!!

It has been reported that Crepes are available in the Gelateria late in the day.

They are on the menu.

St. Thomas was on Wednesday. Sea day prior. Pretty mellow for us. Not too much to report from our sea day. We were on deck around 8 am to get some loungers. Stayed on deck for a few hours. Wind was crazy at 20 knots in the lower decks and 4o knots. So we left the open decks at about noon and had lunch again at Alfredo's which was of course incredible.

We were docked at the WICO dock in St.Thomas. We went diving. Met up with a friend and had a nice shallow refresher dive. The day was beautiful. Went to lunch by the Crown Bay pier on the water at Tickles. Great burgers and wonderful views. Returned to Havensight and walked around and did some shopping until we returned to the ship. Dinner was Italian Night and was very good. I had the pot roast. We went to the Ye Old Pub night and it was funny and entertaining. Then Michael Katz an illusionist and it was pretty good.

St. Maarten was yesterday. Beautiful weather. We booked Bernards Tours (who we used in the past for a private island your) and went to Maho Beach and watched the airplanes all day. It was pretty amazing. After the beach our driver dropped us off in Phillipsburg where we walked around for a bit. After an hour or so we returned to the ship and watched the sailaway. There was a horn battle between Celebrity Solstice when they were pulling off the pier and our love boat horn. Pretty funny. You could hear the passengers on the Solstice cheering.

Dinner for us was the Ultimate Balcony Dining and I can't recommend this highly enough. Four course meal, cocktail each included and half bottle champagne. We had the alcohol package and the assistant waiter even went down for us and got us another cocktail each. Food was amazing. Canapes, huge salad with cream cheese, candied walnuts, field greens and home made balsamic dressing. Main meal was surf and turf. Amazing filet and sweet lobster tail. Dessert was a sampling of four mousses on a dark chocalate presentation. Can not say enough. Waiter and assistant waiter were amazing. After dinner we went to the comedian show Miguel Washington and he was very funny. Then we went to the deck party and found out dinner table mates (which we clicked with the first night. We always seem to get amazing table people). Hung there until midnight or so. Great time. Then headed to the club for a bit.

Today Thursday, is a sea day. Georgous up on deck. Chair hogs were in full force this morning. Deck attendants didn't seem to be enforcing today. We wound up on the sun deck. And it is beautiful up here. Some women shouldn't be wearing bikinis. Just sayin.

Will look completely through questions when we gat back to FLL and answer what I can.

Yes, still happy with the alcohol package. Any wine under $10 per glass is covered. I am not a big wine Fri Ker but have been able to sample more with the package.

OP, thank you for your live from thread. I'm enjoying reading it.:)

Cosmo

Chocolate

Milky Way...yum :)

Pomegranate

Strawberry

Nothing like a great martini! :D

Aaah, man. Now I really want a martini and have nothing at home to make one

Going on the Royal later this month for the first time. Looking at the deck plans, which DR's are anytime vs traditional? Are Symphony and Concerto anytime, and Allegoro traditional?

Yup. Allegro was Traditional the other two anytime.

St. Thomas was on Wednesday. Sea day prior. Pretty mellow for us. Not too much to report from our sea day. We were on deck around 8 am to get some loungers. Stayed on deck for a few hours. Wind was crazy at 20 knots in the lower decks and 4o knots. So we left the open decks at about noon and had lunch again at Alfredo's which was of course incredible.

We were docked at the WICO dock in St.Thomas. We went diving. Met up with a friend and had a nice shallow refresher dive. The day was beautiful. Went to lunch by the Crown Bay pier on the water at Tickles. Great burgers and wonderful views. Returned to Havensight and walked around and did some shopping until we returned to the ship. Dinner was Italian Night and was very good. I had the pot roast. We went to the Ye Old Pub night and it was funny and entertaining. Then Michael Katz an illusionist and it was pretty good.

St. Maarten was yesterday. Beautiful weather. We booked Bernards Tours (who we used in the past for a private island your) and went to Maho Beach and watched the airplanes all day. It was pretty amazing. After the beach our driver dropped us off in Phillipsburg where we walked around for a bit. After an hour or so we returned to the ship and watched the sailaway. There was a horn battle between Celebrity Solstice when they were pulling off the pier and our love boat horn. Pretty funny. You could hear the passengers on the Solstice cheering.

Dinner for us was the Ultimate Balcony Dining and I can't recommend this highly enough. Four course meal, cocktail each included and half bottle champagne. We had the alcohol package and the assistant waiter even went down for us and got us another cocktail each. Food was amazing. Canapes, huge salad with cream cheese, candied walnuts, field greens and home made balsamic dressing. Main meal was surf and turf. Amazing filet and sweet lobster tail. Dessert was a sampling of four mousses on a dark chocalate presentation. Can not say enough. Waiter and assistant waiter were amazing. After dinner we went to the comedian show Miguel Washington and he was very funny. Then we went to the deck party and found out dinner table mates (which we clicked with the first night. We always seem to get amazing table people). Hung there until midnight or so. Great time. Then headed to the club for a bit.

Today Thursday, is a sea day. Georgous up on deck. Chair hogs were in full force this morning. Deck attendants didn't seem to be enforcing today. We wound up on the sun deck. And it is beautiful up here. Some women shouldn't be wearing bikinis. Just sayin.

Will look completely through questions when we gat back to FLL and answer what I can.

Yes, still happy with the alcohol package. Any wine under $10 per glass is covered. I am not a big wine Fri Ker but have been able to sample more with the package.

Really enjoying your report feel like we are there , arrive in fort Lauderdale on the 4TH April looking forward to tomorrows report thanks once again for your time Jen AND fRANK.

Here we sit in the platinum disembarkation lounge waiting to disembark. Sigh. Great cruise. Great crew. Every single time a crew passed us in the halls or on deck we were addressed. Everyone had high energy. More to report later should be getting off in a few.

Here we sit in the platinum disembarkation lounge waiting to disembark. Sigh. Great cruise. Great crew. Every single time a crew passed us in the halls or on deck we were addressed. Everyone had high energy. More to report later should be getting off in a few.

You are one day closer to the next voyage! Welcome back.