Just back from Independence of the Seas (2-23 to 3-1): Great cruise

Hi,

I recently returned from a six-night Western Caribbean cruise on the Independence of the Seas (Feb. 23 to March 1) and was very pleased with the ship. This was my first time on the Independence, but I have taken two prior crusies on her sister (Liberty of the Seas). The Independence is a very attractive and well-maintained ship. I particularly enjoyed the food and service in the main dining room. Also, the ice show (Freeze Frame) and production shows were particularly good. I like the fact that this ship has a large band that is part of the production shows.

My stateroom (6232) was very spacious, quiet and had an excellent location (near the Royal Promenade).

My only disappointment (and this is very minor) was the lack of logo items available on the ship. There were not any shot glasses, magnets, etc. with the name of the ship. Also, there were not any shirts in my size (XL) with the ship's name. The clerk checked the storage area and said that there were not any shirts in my size. This is a minor point, but I like to collect logo items from the different ships. Also, the ship is missing out on a revenue stream.

Overall, this was an excellent cruise.

Chuck

:)

Are you going to do a review with pictures? Thinking of booking this cruise next Feb 22 2015. 1st RCCL cruise and can't find alot of reviews about the indy. Anything you can tell me would be great. Did you do any excursions? Were thinking of doing the seven mile beach and dolphin excursion for Cayman islands and Dunn Falls and zipline in Jamaica.

Seacruise9, nice review! Especially interested as were going on the Indy March 15,2014. Any other tips you wish you had known before your cruise? Best/worst menu items? Best production show besides the skating? How did you like the pools? We found the pools on the Allure last year to be small, otherwise loved the ship. Thanks!

Hi,

I recently returned from a six-night Western Caribbean cruise on the Independence of the Seas (Feb. 23 to March 1) and was very pleased with the ship. This was my first time on the Independence, but I have taken two prior crusies on her sister (Liberty of the Seas). The Independence is a very attractive and well-maintained ship. I particularly enjoyed the food and service in the main dining room. Also, the ice show (Freeze Frame) and production shows were particularly good. I like the fact that this ship has a large band that is part of the production shows.

Overall, this was an excellent cruise.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. We sail the Independence this Sunday on the 6 day route as well. We too have sailed the Liberty and had a great time, so we are looking forward to this one just as much.