Quebec City Airport Questions

We disembark in Quebec City and have a late afternoon flight home. Since we travel light and are not in a rush to catch a flight are there public transportation options to the airport? Any suggestions for sightseeing that day before flight time.

Thanks

We disembark in Quebec City and have a late afternoon flight home. Since we travel light and are not in a rush to catch a flight are there public transportation options to the airport? Any suggestions for sightseeing that day before flight time.

Thanks

Nothing worth the agravation. I would probably try to get one of the local hotels to keep your bags (maybe one with a restaurant you can have lunch in) and wander around the area near the dock, before catching a taxi to YQB. There's also the Musée de la civilisation, which has a cloakroom - maybe they'd check your bags as well.

Edited by Twickenham

Another question regarding Port of Quebec. I will be sailing into Quebec on 2 Oct. The ship will be in port 2-3 Oct. Anyone have experience with availability of taxi's very early, like 4 am, at the port as I'm considering a 6 am flight on 3 Oct.

Another question regarding Port of Quebec. I will be sailing into Quebec on 2 Oct. The ship will be in port 2-3 Oct. Anyone have experience with availability of taxi's very early, like 4 am, at the port as I'm considering a 6 am flight on 3 Oct.

They're may be taxis, but honestly, for that time of day I would definitely pre-book a taxi.

I have never left a ship early in the AM when the ship has docked the night before. Are there any issues (assume we have to handle all our bags)? What about customs? Sounds like we are on the same cruise - 10 day Legend of the Seas - 9/23-10/3

I have never left a ship early in the AM when the ship has docked the night before. Are there any issues (assume we have to handle all our bags)? What about customs? Sounds like we are on the same cruise - 10 day Legend of the Seas - 9/23-10/3

Yes it would be the same cruise. My TA got a verbal from RCI that once the ship clears customs on the 2nd we are free to leave. You need to inform the ship of your intentions. Being from central PA we are driving to Newark airport, taking a taxi to the port then flying from Quebec to Newark.

After looking at excursions for Quebec and thinking about the potential the taxi may not show up we are going to take a taxi to Quebec airport when we get in on the 2nd and pick up a rental car, tour on our own and park at the port then use that to get to the airport at 4 am.

Yes it would be the same cruise. My TA got a verbal from RCI that once the ship clears customs on the 2nd we are free to leave. You need to inform the ship of your intentions. Being from central PA we are driving to Newark airport, taking a taxi to the port then flying from Quebec to Newark.

After looking at excursions for Quebec and thinking about the potential the taxi may not show up we are going to take a taxi to Quebec airport when we get in on the 2nd and pick up a rental car, tour on our own and park at the port then use that to get to the airport at 4 am.

Thanks for the information. It hadn't occurred to me to fly home on the 2nd or real early on the 3rd. We'd be flying to Vegas so it is a long flight.

I love your idea SailingSiggy about picking up a rental vehicle on the 2nd! Do you mind sharing your touring plans

widehunters3, for now our plans just encompass the main tourist spots immediately in/around Quebec City. That being Chateau Frontenac, the Parliament, Montmorency Falls and St. Anne-de-Beaupre church. Whole route is only about 60 miles round trip, minus detours for getting lost :). Looked on the Quebec City tourism site and there was nothing else there beyond these points. To hit just those listed, and I don't think the Parliament is included, would encompass two different ship excursions. We are planning on doing the evening Sugar Shack excursion from the ship. At some point will look at what else is outside of Quebec City but the ship doesn't dock until 10 am on the 2nd and with doing the evening excursion may not have time to do anything further out.

Like your plan, only thing I would say is that there's no reason to go out to the airport to pick up your rental car - there's a Hertz office that's just up the hill from the train station.

Like your plan, only thing I would say is that there's no reason to go out to the airport to pick up your rental car - there's a Hertz office that's just up the hill from the train station.

Thanks. Besides Avis which I am a Wizard member I had only looked at National and the drop off fee cancelled out the cost of going to the airport for Avis. I checked and Hertz doesn't charge a drop off fee so have rebooked with them.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how many people the taxis will take? There will be 4 of us arriving to go to our hotel and then there will be 5 of us going to the port. Would we have to pre-book a van?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know how many people the taxis will take? There will be 4 of us arriving to go to our hotel and then there will be 5 of us going to the port. Would we have to pre-book a van?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

What hotel are you staying at? If you stay at one near the port, you won't need a taxi - you can just walk to the cruise terminal.

widehunters3, for now our plans just encompass the main tourist spots immediately in/around Quebec City. That being Chateau Frontenac, the Parliament, Montmorency Falls and St. Anne-de-Beaupre church. Whole route is only about 60 miles round trip, minus detours for getting lost :). Looked on the Quebec City tourism site and there was nothing else there beyond these points. To hit just those listed, and I don't think the Parliament is included, would encompass two different ship excursions. We are planning on doing the evening Sugar Shack excursion from the ship. At some point will look at what else is outside of Quebec City but the ship doesn't dock until 10 am on the 2nd and with doing the evening excursion may not have time to do anything further out.

Hi,

I don't know which tourism site you looked at back in March but here is a new web site that came out in April

http://www.quebecregion.com/en/

You might find more things to visit like the Canyon Ste-Anne.

What hotel are you staying at? If you stay at one near the port, you won't need a taxi - you can just walk to the cruise terminal.

We are staying at Le Port Royal hotel near the port BUT! My husband has walking difficulties so walking is out of the question for us.

Any suggestions as to which taxi service would be best to contact? Also any suggestions where a group of about 20 people could enjoy dinner on Sun. evening? Quite a few people are staying there the night before the cruise and thought we might enjoy an informal Meet & Mingle.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

We are staying at Le Port Royal hotel near the port BUT! My husband has walking difficulties so walking is out of the question for us.

Any suggestions as to which taxi service would be best to contact? Also any suggestions where a group of about 20 people could enjoy dinner on Sun. evening? Quite a few people are staying there the night before the cruise and thought we might enjoy an informal Meet & Mingle.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Actually, I think a taxi is out of the question. You'll probably walk longer going end-to-end on your cruise ship than walking from the Port Royal to the cruise terminal (don't take the road entrance - there's a shortcut in-between two red brick government buildings that's perfectly in line with rue St. Paul). If your husband really can't hack it, one of your party can go over to the terminal and see if they have a wheelchair that he can use.

As for restaurants, lots in the area, although on Sunday some may be closed. In the same building as your hotel there's Le Quai 19; never been there, but looks posh. It's been a while, but I really liked L'Échaudé last time I was there. And if you want to try out the walk to the cruise terminal, Le Café du Monde is located on the second floor.

Twickenham, Thank you so much for your information. We do plan to bring a transport wheel chair with us so your information will be most helpful. I will also post the names of the restaurants on our CC thread so that the person who is keeping up with the list of people can see what is nearby.