need Vibe pass strategy suggestions :) for Getaway...

grumpyfan

can anyone tell me the cost of vibe and cabana passes on the getaway? I am considering using this if the price is not ridiculous....

Vibe is $79 pp for the week. The cabana is $299 which includes a $100 food/drink credit (basically an OBC). The cabana is for a max of 2 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have a Haven Penthouse suite booked on Getaway but still plan on getting a week long cabana pass for Vibe. With only 5 available for 4,000 guests I'm relying on our priority boarding status to get us first in line at Guest Services.

For just $300 (including a $100 F&B credit) cost is hardly an issue after having already sprung for a Haven Suite.

I'm not always as polite as others so I'm happy to point out that kids on a cruise ship rate slightly higher on the annoyance scale than a busted sewage pipe in my stateroom. Don't get me wrong, I want the little dears to have a good time - but preferably in an area where I'm not.

For $300 I get the option of leaving the Haven if necessary and moving into a private cabana in Vibe where I am guaranteed a "chair hog" and "kiddie" free experience.

Discovering that the Haven is occupied by 20 over-excitable screaming kids during lunch on Day #1 is probably too late to think about switching to Vibe.

My plan is to be first in line even in the VIP boarding line and break off from the boarding process at the first opportunity to duck downstairs to Guest Services and snag a cabana while DW listens attentively to the concierge.

The Concierge/Butler cannot arrange Vibe passes. They are sold first come, first served at Guest Services at embarkation.

If you want to get them you have to be in boarding group 1 basically. Once you board go directly to Guest Services, down one floor and forward.

I had Vibe passes but also got to see the Haven upper deck. The Haven upper deck had NO KIDs (when I went) and had much nicer furnishings/coverings. Not sure I'd spend more on VIBe if I was a Haven guest.

• 5 months later...

We've stayed in the Haven on the Epic and I think I saw only 2 other kids in the Haven the entire time I was there. We sailed the first week in November last year. Also the Haven has a lot of enclaves, nooks, crannies, etc. where there were frequently no children around. If you are staying in the Haven I would be very surprised indeed if you couldn't find any quiet areas at all.

This is pretty much what the hot tubs looked like when I was around. I told DS that if any adult got into the tub, that was his signal to exit but we rarely saw them full with either kids or adults. There were four adults in the other tub. I only ever saw 4 at the most and they were much louder than any kid I encountered.

1002040_10151991493648046_530207372_n.jpg?oh=af9c644e04e915bd44cf32edcb3660e2&oe=546ED961

Edited by cruisecritiquer

I think that the kid situation really depends on the time of year that you go. We have sailed end of August, middle of November, and over New Years, and to be honest, if the New Years cruise had been our first one, we probably would never have cruised again. The kids were horrendous!! Running up and down the hallways screaming and stomping their feet while there parents walked behind them and never said anything to them. :mad: Kids screaming all around the pool area. OH MY!!! We didn't have any of those problems on our first two, and am hoping that our cruise in January is a peaceful one.:p