Disney Magic 2/28/14-3/3/14

jayjay94

Just got back from the Disney Magic 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay Island. It was a great family cruise. Service was excellent and everything is so organized with DCL. The Serenity area for Adults was the best. The only thing I could say is the Adult night life on a Disney cruise is Depressing..lol I checked out the night club every night and there was 2 people in there Friday night, 8 on Saturday night and 1 person sitting by the bar area Sunday night. Not fun at all. This maybe different on a longer cruise vs the short cruise but that was my experience and my only complaint. Other then that Food , Service and Family/Kids Activities were Excellent. I would like to give a shout out to our Servers Ricky and Avatar they were the best of the best. (Top notch service)... I would definitely cruise again with DCL, But never solo...

Just got back from the Disney Magic 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay Island. It was a great family cruise. Service was excellent and everything is so organized with DCL. The Serenity area for Adults was the best. The only thing I could say is the Adult night life on a Disney cruise is Depressing..lol I checked out the night club every night and there was 2 people in there Friday night, 8 on Saturday night and 1 person sitting by the bar area Sunday night. Not fun at all. This maybe different on a longer cruise vs the short cruise but that was my experience and my only complaint. Other then that Food , Service and Family/Kids Activities were Excellent. I would like to give a shout out to our Servers Ricky and Avatar they were the best of the best. (Top notch service)... I would definitely cruise again with DCL, But never solo...

We are glad you had a great time.

Was Ricky a Filipino server? If he is, we had him during our Med Cruise last June 2013. He was excellent and we will hope to see him again spring break 2015.

We are glad you had a great time.

Was Ricky a Filipino server? If he is, we had him during our Med Cruise last June 2013. He was excellent and we will hope to see him again spring break 2015.

Yes he was.. He was the best, Him and his Assistant server Avatar. Enjoy your upcoming spring break cruise in 2015.

I noticed the night life was definitely better on our Fantasy 7 nt verse any other shorter length cruise we have taken (3/4/5nt)

Glad you had a nice cruise

I kinda figured that. Also on a larger ship too. But a cruise is a cruise and I had a great time either way.. :D

I kinda figured that. Also on a larger ship too. But a cruise is a cruise and I had a great time either way.. :D

We haven't found any reflection on the size of the ship, but you are right that that longer the cruise the more and better the activities.

7 nights on the Fantasy was about the same as 7 on the Magic in terms of entertainment....and any 7 night has more than a shorter cruise.. But they need to give the 3/4/5 night guests something to look forward to.

And the specialty cruises are much better!

Glad you had fun! We are going on the 3 day Magic on 3/28. Can't wait! Did a lot of people get off the ship in Nassau?

Majority stayed on the ship. Well most to be honest. Now Castaway Cay the Ship was a Ghost town. Enjoy your cruise..

Plenty of us doing the WOBBLE and club dances on the Dream during Pirate night for our 3 days last April. Speaking of wobble, I was downright LIMPING back to my cabin! hahah! Depends on who you cruise with, I think. Adult karaoke was 'lively' to put it mildly as well. (But we had that 'interesting' dancer...) In May for our 4 day, we have 11 of us and I figure the guys will probably head to OGills and that leaves us girls with plenty of karaoke and dancing... too bad you didn't cruise with us!:D

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

Plenty of us doing the WOBBLE and club dances on the Dream during Pirate night for our 3 days last April. Speaking of wobble, I was downright LIMPING back to my cabin! hahah! Depends on who you cruise with, I think. Adult karaoke was 'lively' to put it mildly as well. (But we had that 'interesting' dancer...) In May for our 4 day, we have 11 of us and I figure the guys will probably head to OGills and that leaves us girls with plenty of karaoke and dancing... too bad you didn't cruise with us!:D

Hopefully we will cruise together one day. and Then Disney would have the party ship with us crazy people..

We are excited to sail on the Magic in two weeks. Do you recall what movies were showing in the theater? And we are also curious what time the Pirate deck party/fireworks were? It was 10:30pm on the Dream and that was a little late for our kiddos. Just wondered if it's the same on all the DCL ships. Thanks in advance!P.S. I know what you mean about the nightlife, LOL! It's because you've sailed on a "Fun Ship" before! ;)

We are excited to sail on the Magic in two weeks. Do you recall what movies were showing in the theater? And we are also curious what time the Pirate deck party/fireworks were? It was 10:30pm on the Dream and that was a little late for our kiddos. Just wondered if it's the same on all the DCL ships. Thanks in advance!P.S. I know what you mean about the nightlife, LOL! It's because you've sailed on a "Fun Ship" before! ;)

We were on the same sailing. It was wonderful!! The deck party was the same time. I went to saving mr banks, DH went to Thor. I think frozen and planes were showing.

• 2 weeks later...

I sail the end of April. Do you happen to have the navigators you can post? The ones online are from january. Not sure if they have changed. I'm mostly looking to see what mixology was offered, if any.