How Early to Terminal

devildawg23

Sailing on the Magic in May out of Galveston. Sailed out of Galveston two times previously when the Conquest was there. For the life of me, I can't remember what time of day what we boarded. What time do people suggest getting to terminal to embark? Earlier the better.

We've shown up at about 11:00 am for our Carnival cruises out of Miami and San Juan, never delayed boarding, never bought FTTF, got on board within the hour, or however long it took us to get checked in and photo taken!

What is your reason for wanting to be early? We normally get on board between 1-2pm, no lines to get on and less lines at the buffet.

Because the sooner we can get on this little piece of heaven the better. Thanks for the input everyone.

We usually leave the hotel at 9:30. The main reason for not sticking around longer is check out time at the hotel we stay at is 11, and I'd rather be sitting in the waiting room feeling the buzz that comes with that than waiting until later in the day and taking any chance of missing the ship.

I enjoy sitting in the terminal and listening to the conversation and watching everyone. It's nice to get a feel for the crowd that I will be with for the duration of the cruise.