Princess Cruiser going on Vision..leery

Hey everyone..I am a veteran Princess Cruiser but found a cruise to Aruba on RC on the Vision. I am not seeing good reviews of her..the food, the staterooms, the amenities, etc...so I'm having doubts. Can you give me your opinions of things since the refit last year? Sometimes a good deal isn't worth the money. I'd like to know your thoughts.

We are veteran RCCL and Celebrity cruisers and did just the opposite, tried Princess for the first time in February.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

The Vision class are beautiful ships, and the size is just about right.

I am putting Princess, IMHO, in between Celebrity and RCCL in terms of atmosphere, but then again we loved Enchantment of the Seas a lot.

Now, I say that as a couple in their late 50's and 60's. Princess and Celebrity are a little more laid back.

Actually, the service, from a standpoint of servers in the Princess lounges was downright awful, too few and way over worked.

My wife likes the food in on RCCL the best, and I agree, most of the time. I actually thought the food on Princess was, eh, OK.

The standard balcony cabins, and balconies themselves are bigger on RCCL then Princess for sure. Not sure about OV or insides.

The steakhouse, Chops is a real winner, regardless of what RCCL ship.

As you can see below, we are booked on Vision over Memorial Day. But we would sail Princess again.

Put your worries aside and enjoy.

Hey everyone..I am a veteran Princess Cruiser but found a cruise to Aruba on RC on the Vision. I am not seeing good reviews of her..the food, the staterooms, the amenities, etc...so I'm having doubts. Can you give me your opinions of things since the refit last year? Sometimes a good deal isn't worth the money. I'd like to know your thoughts.

I was on before the refit and was perfectly happy with the ship and her crew. Review linked below in my sig. Hopefully that will ease your mind somewhat.

We're going back out on Vision again in June. Not at all worried! :)

Thank you all for your comments. I feel a lot better about sailing on the Vision. Standard insides on Princess are 163 sq.ft. Just for reference. One more question if I may...how did you find the Windjammer and the Park cafe? Thank you.

Thank you all for your comments. I feel a lot better about sailing on the Vision. Standard insides on Princess are 163 sq.ft. Just for reference. One more question if I may...how did you find the Windjammer and the Park cafe? Thank you.

We've found Park Cafe to be a quieter and more peaceful way to enjoy breakfast. It might not have the variety of items that the Windjammer (buffet) has, but it's enough for us. You'll find egg/muffin sandwiches, wraps, panini, fruit cups, yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, and more.

Just spent two weeks on Vision and we seriously considered staying on for a third!! We thoroughly enjoyed sailing on the Vision. The crew is amazing. The recent refurb is beautiful. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the bigger ships, but that doesn't interest us. We go on cruises to relax. I wish I was on her right now!! I am currently working on a review of our trip. I am in a place where I can't post a link right now, but it is currently on this main board. Check it out.

The vision class ships have "much vision" that is there are lot of windows with indoor seating areas that you can actually see the Ocean/views from. The lack of this feature is one of our complaints on more modern ships.

I'm Elite on Princess but sailing RCI & Celebrity since 2010.

We've found Park Cafe to be a quieter and more peaceful way to enjoy breakfast. It might not have the variety of items that the Windjammer (buffet) has, but it's enough for us. You'll find egg/muffin sandwiches, wraps, panini, fruit cups, yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, and more.

Agreed, much more relaxed.