Question for fascination cruisers

Cruisegirl6

What time did you arrive at the terminal and actually board the ship?

We arrived at the terminal at a little before 10:15 and were turned away. They told us that the ship was still unloading and the only people allowed in were those who were picking up people who were debarking. They told us to try back around 11:00. We showed back up around 10:45 and they were letting people into the port. Judging by the amount of people ahead of us, I'd guess that they started letting people in around 10:30. The lines went quickly and we boarded around 11:45.

We got there about 1:30 & waiting in line for a little while. We got on the ship about 2:30. Our rooms were ready, so we dropped our stuff off. We realized muster was in a little bit, so we hurried to the lido deck & filled our plates just as they were taking everything up for muster. We finished eating just in time to run back down to Riviera deck & figure out muster station. We later realized it was printed on the S&S card. Oops.

What time did you arrive at the terminal and actually board the ship?

I just got off Fascination on Monday. With Platinum boarding, I boarded a little after 11 AM, about 2 minutes after I was seated after check-in. Smooth process. My luggage wasn't delivered as quickly as I'm accustomed to on other ships, but was satisfactory. My cabin was ready when I boarded.

Thank you!

We have FTTF since windawn said her luggage didn't arrive in a timely matter should we take our luggage on board with us and I assume our room be ready drop it right off or should we let Carnival handle it, I wonder what time by our luggage would arrive if we let Carnival do it?

Thank you!

We have FTTF since windawn said her luggage didn't arrive in a timely matter should we take our luggage on board with us and I assume our room be ready drop it right off or should we let Carnival handle it, I wonder what time by our luggage would arrive if we let Carnival do it?

Remember that they do not let you in the gate at Port area until 10:30 am. If you have FTTF, your room will be ready once you board, where you can drop your carry ons and go to Lido to eat lunch. Earliest we have received our luggage on Fascination has been around 2 pm, and the latest is around 4 pm, and we are Platinum. This is on 5 sailings on the Fascination.

4pm for platinum! Do you think having the FTTF would get my luggage there even before Platinum?

Notice that 4 pm was the latest.We usually have 2 checked bags, and they never arrive at the same time. You should have no problem getting your luggage before sail away.

4pm for platinum! Do you think having the FTTF would get my luggage there even before Platinum?

The luggage tags are the same for FTTF and platinum, so the carnival employees have no way of differentiating the two statuses, so you should have your luggage by 4pm.

Last summer we had our bags in our room within about 5 minutes of us arriving. We arrived at the cruise terminal about 11:30 and went straight on the ship.

In October, with FTTF, we got there at 10:30 and were on by 11. Luggage was at the cabin, and the cabin was ready. Out last cruise out of NOLA with FTTF, we got there at 10:45, got on the ship at 12, suitcase was no where to be seen and the cabin wasn't ready. Love the Fascination! Not so much the Elation, they said they dont promise that the bags will be delivered early and that there is no promise that the cabin will be ready. Really?

What deck will we be on when we first get on the fascination?

You will be on deck 3(I think that's what it is)...it's the deck you will also use to get on/off at ports, down by the infirmary/crew area. You do not enter into the atrium, as on other ships.