Hotels near port of Miami

Sea Legs

Hotels closest to the port are downtown.

We've stayed at Intercontinental and Holiday Inn. When we've stayed at those two we paid around $150 per night...maybe a little less sometimes. It depends on the time of year. In February, it will be a lot more than that.

I'm pretty sure the downtown hotels don't have shuttles, but I could be wrong. We've always just taken cabs because it's pretty close to the port.

The hotels around the airport should be less money and they have shuttles...don't know if the shuttles are free or not.

Most hotels in Miami with shuttle service will charge - at least downtown. Cabs are easy to come by for around $8-10 per cab depending on exactly where downtown you leave from

We stayed at the Intercontintental which is very nice and also the Doubletree Grand and Marriott Biscayne. The Marriott is actually my favorite even though the Intercontinental is "fancier." I like the amenities near the Marriott - a Publix within walking distance, gorgeous water and port view, rooms with balconies, and a while little plaza of shops and restaurants between the building and the doubletree next door.

Rates can get crazy in winter time or during special events for downtown but often drop last minute if you can book a rate that can be cancelled. Also Priceline is an option if you aren't picky about location. Jan-Feb. Miami hotel rates are typically $200-400 a night (and some up to $1000! :eek:) On the other hand, in the fall I've stayed at the same hotels that wanted $400 in Jan for $100 a night.

i think personally your better off staying at a hotel near the airport. they are much cheaper and most offer shuttle service (for a small fee and some no fee). a cab as well from the airport to the port is only $15 (flat fee)

We have stayed at La Quinta Airport East. Not fancy and not really near any nightlife (one family style place to eat across the parking lot), BUT it was clean had a great staff and a free shuttle and good free continental breakfast.

Would stay there again when sailing out of Miami.

I just stayed at The Hyatt Place near the airport for 135.00 and they had a shuttle to the pier for 12.00 p/p. The Hyatt Place was clean and also offered a free breakfast which was good.

There was also a few restaurants across the street along with a gas station which sold wine.

I just stayed at The Hyatt Place near the airport for 135.00 and they had a shuttle to the pier for 12.00 p/p. The Hyatt Place was clean and also offered a free breakfast which was good.

There was also a few restaurants across the street along with a gas station which sold wine.

Are you perhaps talking about the Hyatt Place in Ft Lauderdale? The question is about Miami.

Suggestions for "reasonable" hotel near port that offer shuttle service please.

Don't get hung up on getting a hotel with a shuttle. Many hotels charge for shuttle service and a taxi will be cheaper. Some hotels near the port of Miami are Intercontinental, Marriott Biscayne Bay, Hyatt, Doubletree. Cost from these hotels to the ship will run $10-$12. Cost from Miami airport to these is about $25.

i think personally your better off staying at a hotel near the airport. they are much cheaper and most offer shuttle service (for a small fee and some no fee). a cab as well from the airport to the port is only $15 (flat fee)

A cab from the Miami airport to downtown Miami hotels is about $25. Maybe you are referring to Fort Lauderdale.

Suggestions for "reasonable" hotel near port that offer shuttle service please.

Reasonable for you might be a splurge for me -- budget range? :confused:

When do you cruise? :confused: The same hotel room that costs $300+ in Feb can go for $100 or less in the dog days of August.

Flying into MIA or FLL or driving? :confused:

What time do you arrive? :confused: If you are arriving late and just want dinnner and a bed then staying near the airport may be a good option. If you are arriving early and want to explore Miami and Miami Beach, then I would not suggest airport hotels.

As mentioned above, NONE of the downtown Miami hotels near POM offers airport or port shuttles.

Give the board a little more info and we can provide you with some useful suggestions. :cool:

We stayed at comfort inn or sleep in, one of those airport hotels in January. Free shuttle. Then we took a taxi to the port. I didn't want to be shoved in a shuttle bus, wanted to go when I wanted to go. Taxi was about $25 plus tip. Same as a shuttle would have been for 2 people.

If you are trying to save money that is a great way. The shuttles are all very convenient.

If you have no car, many hotels near the airport are either in bad areas or not in walking distance of anything you might need, including restaurants. If you can swing it, look at the hotels in the BLue Lagoon area (near airport) because those are in proximity of restaurants etc.

Or head to one of the hotels in the downtown area often mentioned here where you can have places to go and things to see. It would depend on how much time you will have in Miami and what you want your experience to be. And of course your budget. Lots of the discount sites offer the downtown hotels at nice discounts.

Edited by eandj

If you have no car, many hotels near the airport are either in bad areas or not in walking distance of anything you might need, including restaurants. If you can swing it, look at the hotels in the BLue Lagoon area (near airport) because those are in proximity of restaurants etc.

Or head to one of the hotels in the downtown area often mentioned here where you can have places to go and things to see. It would depend on how much time you will have in Miami and what you want your experience to be. And of course your budget. Lots of the discount sites offer the downtown hotels at nice discounts.

I completely agree - north side of the airport is not the nicest area.

Definitely price check and look around some... the airport area isn't always cheaper or sometimes it's only $20 or so more to stay waterfront downtown where there are tons of restaurants and stuff to do. Definitely check reviews on tripadvisor and view user pics.... especially of the 3 star or less properties in Miami. There are some scary motels in Miami and some even scarier neighborhoods so do your homework.