NCL Sun laundry questions

janymac

I have seen on quite a few threads talk of NCL having self-serve laundry, is this the case on the NCL Sun? Also, I have seen them doing bags of laundry for a certain amount of money. We are going on an 11 day cruise and it would be great to know if this ship is one which has the self serve laundry or does the laundry bags.

Thanks so much

I have seen on quite a few threads talk of NCL having self-serve laundry, is this the case on the NCL Sun? Also, I have seen them doing bags of laundry for a certain amount of money. We are going on an 11 day cruise and it would be great to know if this ship is one which has the self serve laundry or does the laundry bags.

Thanks so much

No self serve on the Sun :( They normally run a special all you can stuff inthe bag for $25. The problem it is normally near the end of the cruise.

This is really my only complaint about NCL--lack of SS laundry. I like to pack lightly, and knowing I can do my own laundry really helps. I never know if the folks in the laundry are going to wash in hot water and dry on high, which ruins a lot of clothes. If the cruise is longer than a week, I end up washing things out in the sink and having a clothes forest in my bathroom.

The problem it is normally near the end of the cruise.
Problem? Nah - in my view, problem solver! By the time the laundry special comes round, about two-thirds of the clothes have been worn, there are some items about to start running out ... and the majority of the clothes can still go home clean! :cool:

This is really my only complaint about NCL--lack of SS laundry. I like to pack lightly, and knowing I can do my own laundry really helps. I never know if the folks in the laundry are going to wash in hot water and dry on high, which ruins a lot of clothes. If the cruise is longer than a week, I end up washing things out in the sink and having a clothes forest in my bathroom.

Agreed! I sent some things to the laundry when the special was offered. A few items came back a little tight (that couldn't be because of the food, could it?). I, too, thought that it would be great getting home with clean clothes. Unfortunately, I found that I take much more care in packing for my trip than I do for my return home. Everything was so wrinkled, I ended up washing it again just to get the wrinkles out (it beats ironing!).

• 7 years later...

No self-serve laundry. They do have a day that you can fill a laundry bag and $25.00 for all you can fit...roll everything and pack it....I couldn't fill mine, we were to adults. Also you could hand wash and bring a few clothes pins and pin your undergarments or t-shirts to the chairs on the deck..they dry in no time.

I'm kind of glad there isn't a self serve laundry on NCL ships, because if there was I'd feel obligated to do it myself instead of sending it out for someone else to do. :o Since I simply can't do it myself, I'm happy to take advantage of the weekly special instead! ;)

Since your cruise ia a 11 day one, it's likely the offer will occur twice.

I tried the Self-service once, and oh boy! Never again! and NCL was correct in removing them from ships (due to safety and FIRE hazard) and introducing the one laundry bag specials. I'd rather use the latter than use the Self-Service.

The SS was dirty and much abused. The pax didn't even treat the machines as if they were theirs at home! There was SAND in the dryer filters, and it was so waste of my time having to go and fro the laundrette when I should be enjoying my cruise activities elsewhere.

For $25 you can cram (carefully) in as much as you can into the bag. Tip: put the largest item (like jeans) on the top. I've been able to cram $90 worth of laundry into the $25 bag.

Cheers.

Can anyone advise please if it is possible to string a line across a cabin's balcony area. It would seem a shame to waste so much lovely food but I can see that a few trips to the gym may not be a bad idea so it would be handy to know that we can wash and dry our gym clothes.

I think I saw a youtube clip where some guy (not sure what ship) had strung a hammock across his balcony so I wonder if there may be a couple of fixings out there to enable us to do this.

Archived