woman gets sea sick ..all the time

possibly not exactly the same, my husband has exactly the same symptoms. it happened 10years ago, he took very ill at home with all the symptoms of severe sea sickness, no need for all the gory detail. he was hospitalised and no accurate diagnoses could be made so it was put down to a severe virus. He learned to walk again but always looks like a drunken sailor, but with a lot of laughter we just get on with life. Ive never come across anyone with a similar affliction. whether is was a coincidence he took ill after a 12hour flight 3 weeks earlier. Strangely he has never suffered from traditional sea sickness he used to crew on a yacht. surprising what you learn on cruise critic. !

After I wrote the above I went wandering on the internet out of curiosity. There is a difference in the symptoms so I now think there is a difference in their syndromes.

Whatever the cause folk deserve sympathy.

Edited by Bilje
added more info

So sorry to hear about your hubbys virus Bilje and hope he and the woman I posted about

get to make a full recovery one day and with the grace of God I hope it's sooner than later:) .

Hi Linda my wife also came down with severe Labyrinthitis and I wondered what the hell was

up with her she was clinging to the furniture and myself for dear life as though she was on a

waltzer or something like . It was not a nice sight and very scary for her .

Hi kalos,

It was a few years ago when I was at work. I was getting some medical notes off a high shelf, looked up and suddenly everything started spinning round. Scarey :eek: I had to get my son to drive me to the doctors and do you know what the doctor said? "I don't think you've had a stroke!!" Arghh - it hadn't even entered my mind :rolleyes: He presribed some tablets and it cleared up, thankfully :):)

I see the lady was on a Fred.Olsen ship :p

How awful. I had labyrinthitis once, it was horrible, but resolved itself. I can't imagine having it all the time!

Ohhhh I've had that Linda,,think it's flaring up again at the minute :( It's awful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I have had labyrinthitis a few times. I can go to bed at night feeling fine and wake up in the morning with the room spinning. It is a terrible feeling and very frightening first time it happens. I also suffer from seasickness but it doesn't put me off cruising.