Halifax lunch

What is the best choice for a seafood lunch on a weekday near the cruiseship pier. Probably prefer a pub atmosphere but any suggestions within walking distance of the ship welcome. Thanks in advance.

We also had lunch at Salty's and if I recall it was a 15 to 20 minute walk from the terminal. If you read some reviews there may be better places to eat but the food we ate was not bad. I had their fish and chips and the wife had their lobster roll. After lunch we walk over to Cow's for some ice cream cones. That was good.

We love the Five Fisherman, not sure where it is in relation to the cruise ship dock, Google will help you out! Fantastic lobster and mussels

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We love the Five Fisherman, not sure where it is in relation to the cruise ship dock, Google will help you out! Fantastic lobster and mussels

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks Kelly, I will see if I can google the Five Fisherman. Lou

There are places with location (Saltys) and places for a good meal (Press Gang, Five Fishermen, McKelvies) and local take out places (Seaport Market) next to the cruise pier, the Shack Oyster Bar; http://www.yelp.ca/biz/the-shack-oyster-bar-halifax, and the Battered Fish http://www.yelp.ca/biz/the-battered-fish-halifax

Hi all

I am from Nova Scotia & frequent Halifax on a fairly regular basis. All of the above are great spots. The five fisherman is a favorite for an evening meal & I have never been there for lunch.

My very favorite is Durty Nelly's an authentic Irish Pub. Lots of good seafood and irish music. It gets great reviews on Trip Advisor as well

Muriel

• 3 weeks later...

Halifax has an abundance of good eating. You asked about pubs and one of the best is the Ole Triangle Irish pub just across from the museum of the Atlantic about 10-12 minute walk from the Cruise Port. You also have the Lower Deck at Historic Properties and the Lord Nelson Hotel (if your are near the Public Gardens) just opened a their brand new British style Pub. Lots of choice.

• 3 weeks later...