Eclipse all better

Hawkstar33

Have not heard anything about Eclipse since the extensive cleaning after its last 14 day cruise...Anybody on there now, or has anyone heard anything about how this trip has gone?? Boarding in two days and feeling fine and excited as usual..

Also just disembarked, they served us at the buffet for the first couple of days, but then self service resumed and continued throughout. Did not hear of anyone being ill. Most people seemed to be taking good hygiene seriously as well.

My wife and I have just disembarked 8th March, after the 22 Feb sailing, yes we were delayed in boarding, so the ship could have a deep clean, it's second of the previous sailing.

Having boarded and gone to our stateroom no 6307 aft, the first thing we noticed in our stateroom was the urine splashes around the floor of the toilet, and the toothpaste on the bathroom sink and tap. The dirty hand marks on the rear of the toilet door...great deep clean..not.Especially as the norovirus is transmitted by faeces.

We reported it and the problem was dealt with by the management, but I do have to say that the stateroom staff were quite disinterested.

As stated above we were seved our food in the cafe for two or three days but then things slowly returned back to normal.

Whilst people were encouraged to use the hand sanitizer and most did I have to say that the cleanliness of the utensils and plates left a lot to be desired, I am surprised that other people were not ill.

I sailed on the Solstice about two years ago, and I found that the cleaning standards on the Eclipse we quite poor especially in the dining areas.

My wife and I have just disembarked 8th March, after the 22 Feb sailing, yes we were delayed in boarding, so the ship could have a deep clean, it's second of the previous sailing.

Having boarded and gone to our stateroom no 6307 aft, the first thing we noticed in our stateroom was the urine splashes around the floor of the toilet, and the toothpaste on the bathroom sink and tap. The dirty hand marks on the rear of the toilet door...great deep clean..not.Especially as the norovirus is transmitted by faeces.

We reported it and the problem was dealt with by the management, but I do have to say that the stateroom staff were quite disinterested.

As stated above we were seved our food in the cafe for two or three days but then things slowly returned back to normal.

Whilst people were encouraged to use the hand sanitizer and most did I have to say that the cleanliness of the utensils and plates left a lot to be desired, I am surprised that other people were not ill.

I sailed on the Solstice about two years ago, and I found that the cleaning standards on the Eclipse we quite poor especially in the dining areas.

We too, disembarked on the 8th and arrived to a sparkling clean stateroom and never noticed a less than sparkling utensil. Was happy to see such extensive use of hand sanitizer.

It was our first Celebrity cruise and the ship was perfect for us, so no previous experience on the line from which to draw.

We did have some other issues that concerned us, but none having to do with Celebrity. Staff was wonderful and all in all a very enjoyable cruise.

Clean bill of health as best we could tell, and we're sure that those who left on the 8th are having a wonderful vacation/holiday.

Edited by bobandalice

We too, disembarked on the 8th and arrived to a sparkling clean stateroom and never noticed a less than sparkling utensil. Was happy to see such extensive use of hand sanitizer.

It was our first Celebrity cruise and the ship was perfect for us, so no previous experience on the line from which to draw.

We did have some other issues that concerned us, but none having to do with Celebrity. Staff was wonderful and all in all a very enjoyable cruise.

Clean bill of health as best we could tell, and we're sure that those who left on the 8th are having a wonderful vacation/holiday.

I am glad you had a great cruise, as did we, I feel the issues I commented on was down to our room attendants, who as I said were less than enthusiastic,

The plates and utensils were in the ocean view cafe and were frequently still with dried food on them.