Bamboo Beach Club

jmwg49

We are looking to find out if anyone has gone here on their own. Carnival has this as an excursion at about $55 pp, but it is only 4 hours (including transportation, alcohol and food). BUT, we would like to go and spend more time there. Has anyone done this? I am having trouble getting a response from the Beach Club about how much a taxi would cost. I also asked about their a la carte menu, so, if anyone knows anything about Bamboo Beach Club, I'm all ears!!!!!! Thanks

We had wanted to spend time at Bamboo Beach Club also but also never received any return emails. It appears that they are so hooked up with cruise ship excursions that they are unable to accommodate cruise ship passengers unless on a ship excursion. So...we are going to Bamboo Blu on Monday and it gets great reviews on Trip Advisor. Can't wait. We would much rather be spending time at a beach that is not the destination of the cruise line excursion. Hope this helps. Cherie

We had wanted to spend time at Bamboo Beach Club also but also never received any return emails. It appears that they are so hooked up with cruise ship excursions that they are unable to accommodate cruise ship passengers unless on a ship excursion. So...we are going to Bamboo Blu on Monday and it gets great reviews on Trip Advisor. Can't wait. We would much rather be spending time at a beach that is not the destination of the cruise line excursion. Hope this helps. Cherie

I have been told that Bamboo Blu is the same place as Bamboo Beach Club....please let us know! :)

Their addresses are different, their pictures are different, and there are no reports on TA of encountering hundreds of cruise ship passengers, but we shall see. We are tubing with Courtney Taylor tours in the a.m. and being dropped off at Bamboo Blu afterwards to enjoy lunch and the ocean. Cherie

We went to Bamboo Blu beach with Courtney Taylor and I would be surprised if there was a cruise ship group there...there were maybe 75 people on the beach total, and it's not very big. And not a place I would imagine they would make a whole excursion out of...I mean, we loved it and it was perfect for us, but it's not a big "touristy" stop...as in, lots of vendors, drinks being sold, etc. It was very laid back.

My daughter and I booked a tour with Bamboo Beach Club directly in March of last year and loved it. They had a van pick us up in Falmouth. We had a driver and hostess the entire day and there was just one couple with us, so a total of 4 plus the driver and hostess. We went river tubing first, then to Dunn's River Falls, then to the Bamboo Beach Club. The only down side was that we only had about an hour at the beach once we got there due to the distance to get back to Falmouth. It was not an upscale 5-star resort, but we enjoyed it. The food and drinks were good and they had some entertainment as well.

I have not checked their website lately, so they may no longer book directly. I would just type the name in Google and see what options there are. There were at least 2 other companies offering excursions there last year along with booking with them directly.

We just got back from the Epic where we did the VIP Bamboo Beach thru the ship. It was 15min trip from Ocho Rios. It was an ok beach but the food, was poor(cold) and the alcohol was only a couple of small (6oz)beers or rum punch. I would not recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
Their addresses are different, their pictures are different, and there are no reports on TA of encountering hundreds of cruise ship passengers, but we shall see. We are tubing with Courtney Taylor tours in the a.m. and being dropped off at Bamboo Blu afterwards to enjoy lunch and the ocean. Cherie
Did you already go? We are considering the same itinerary for our day :)

Wondering if there are tons of people? What is the approximate price for lunch at the restaurant? What facilities are you entitled to use?

Thanks for any help! The other beach mentioned to us was Reggae Beach but it appears to be JUST a beach with no facilities or food, whereas Bamboo Blu has the restaurant, etc.

We were on the Oasis & did Royal's Bamboo Beach Club excursion. From Falmouth it was about an hour long bus ride. Our guide Tammy told us lots of interesting things about her country. When we got there, we were given different colored wrist bands, and our group was assigned a certain section of adirondack chairs. Then Tammy brought 5 different traditional foods for us to try. They were all good. If you wanted more of something she would get it. The Beach was beautiful. We were lucky to be in a section with very few rocks in the water. My wife & I walked the beach & some areas were very rocky.

117.jpg.57f630df1041374a149d4544bd8b5694.jpg

Edited by gskline
spelling

Did you already go? We are considering the same itinerary for our day :)

Wondering if there are tons of people? What is the approximate price for lunch at the restaurant? What facilities are you entitled to use?

Thanks for any help! The other beach mentioned to us was Reggae Beach but it appears to be JUST a beach with no facilities or food, whereas Bamboo Blu has the restaurant, etc.

Hi, I made the reservation for this trip for my daughter and her roommate and they loved it. Their driver was wonderful, the tubing fun, and they told him that they wanted good local food for the beach so he stopped at Scotties and got take out for them. Danielle said that Bamboo Blu was pretty crowded so they beached themselves a short distance away but loved the beach. I will check to see if they bought drinks at Bamboo Blu. Their driver picked them up and made a stop on the way back to the ship for them to purchase the Jamaican rum items they wanted. Because the restaurant was crowded they were happy to have their delicious take-out but I will ask her again about just how crowded it was and if they used the restrooms. They loved swimming at the beach there. Hope this helps. Cherie

Edited by cccole