NCL-you really let us down!

"JJ"

OP booked over a year ago so they were the first to book IMHO. I would not have settled for anything less than a corner B1 on a suitable deck or a full suite. They should have taken care of it without all the phone calls the OP had to make and they should have made sure she/he is happy with the end result. IT WAS NCL's FAULT not the OP's.

Agreed

OP booked over a year ago so they were the first to book IMHO. I would not have settled for anything less than a corner B1 on a suitable deck or a full suite. They should have taken care of it without all the phone calls the OP had to make and they should have made sure she/he is happy with the end result. IT WAS NCL's FAULT not the OP's.

Agreed!!

Our first cruise with NCL up, so I've been lurking. Sadly, the OPs problem it's been very common on other cruise lines...the complimentary upgrade is not as desirable as the original cabin selection. If you search the Princess boards, you can find this all too often specially since the default is NOT a GTT.

OP, is there any cabin equivalent you can ask for? Maybe on a different floor? If you have your heart set in this and booked it over a year out, only to be told it was double booked, ask who had the earliest booking. Many times the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I hope it works out for you.

OK, here's the final after 3 separate phone calls just today (note all contacts were initiated by me, no one ever called us back): they did admit that they "sold" the same cabin twice, had "upgraded" us from corner aft balcony to mid ship mini-suite on deck 10 near elevator, the "offer" today was to move us couple of decks up, further from elevator, asked for on board credit... they said no that was all they could do, so we took it. Will be contacting CEO just to voice my opinion. Will enjoy our trip but will probably not book with NCL again. I appreciate all CC's support--you guys are the best!

I think it would be worth another call to find out who booked the cabin first. It is doubtful that the other party booked around the same time. If they did, you would think that they would have figured out a double booking in a year's time. If you are the first, start moving up the ladder to get your original cabin back.

I have read about this happening on NCL twice before--same situations. My bookings are all "no upgrade" and I still check MyNCL weekly to be sure.

Edited by pizzalady1

You missed the whole point of this post. They reserved a SPECIFIC cabin, and paid for a specific cabin - NOT a guarantee.

I did get the Whole Point of The Post !!!:mad: YOU never GOT MY POINT.

When you book a GTY Cabin, You never get a CABIN # ! ! Hence my comment. Please read again before making rude remarks about my ability to understand a post. :p

the Ump :mad:

I did get the Whole Point of The Post !!!:mad: YOU never GOT MY POINT.

When you book a GTY Cabin, You never get a CABIN # ! ! Hence my comment. Please read again before making rude remarks about my ability to understand a post. :p

the Ump :mad:

LOL - you're too funny.

Do you really not understand that the OP did not book a GTY cabin, so your comment was completely irrelevant?

My comment wasn't rude at all - just stating the obvious :)

(And by the way, when you book at GTY cabin, you eventually DO get a cabin number.....LOL Sometimes you get it within a day of booking it, sometimes not until the day of your cruise.)

Enjoy your day :)

This is not that uncommon for NCL to switch rooms on customers right up to sailing. It doesn't matter if you have a cabin number, obviously.

There have been several posts similar about this issue over the years on this board.

I remember a year or go or so a woman booked 2 rooms next to each other for her largish family. She has her cabin numbers and booked specifically so her rooms with her children could be side by side. She gets to the port and is told one of her cabins is down the hall. They'd double booked the one cabin and she was SOL.

She came on here and told the story about how she refused to board the ship until they got them two rooms next to each other. NCL gave her a bunch of jumble about not being able to switch cabins, she thru it in their faces that her cabins were switched. So they moved someone else, the day of sailing before they checked in so this woman would get her two rooms together.

It definately happens.

OK, here's the final after 3 separate phone calls just today (note all contacts were initiated by me, no one ever called us back): they did admit that they "sold" the same cabin twice, had "upgraded" us from corner aft balcony to mid ship mini-suite on deck 10 near elevator, the "offer" today was to move us couple of decks up, further from elevator, asked for on board credit... they said no that was all they could do, so we took it. Will be contacting CEO just to voice my opinion. Will enjoy our trip but will probably not book with NCL again. I appreciate all CC's support--you guys are the best!

To the OP, please do not give up. This really, in my opinion, is not a satisfactory offer on NCL's end. As others have stated, it's most likely you were first to book the cabin instead of the second party, but regardless, to not even offer you some OBC is very saddening. Escalate this through socialmedia@ncl.com

Many have posted their issues were resolved by contacting that department.

Edited by ceejmaster