Experienced Cruiser, 1st Time on Royal, what should I know?

This will be my first cruise on RC as well but from what I have been reading so far I have learned a few things...I think.

Most people said the look of the RC ships are more appealing to the eyes. I do not recall anyone arguing that fact.

Most people said the shows are better. Better dancers, better costumes, etc. Did not see objections to this either.

Food could be better tasting, or not. Many different taste buds chimed in on this. Either way I do believe you will enjoy the food. Seems there are more 'optional' options.

Other than the suites which vary on all ships and lines.... the rooms tend to be smaller on the RC ships.

Live music on the RC's.

You may or may not get chocolates on your pillow. This information varied greatly.

Robes only in the suites.

Towel animals, reports varied. Some every day and others a couple times but not daily.

No self serve ice cream stations but there is a self serve yogurt cart usually placed by a pool. (I think, different reports on this info too)

I am sure others can chime with other differences. Those are just the ones I have read about since I am trying to prepare myself as well:) Either way.... we will be cruising!!!! :)

Royal has no equivalent to the Carnival "Early Saver" fare. Royal will give you price drops up to final payment date (with some exceptions), but after final payment date there is no credit of any kind for a price drop.

DonnaK - we are sailing on the Liberty of Seas in December to Labadee and Ocho Rios. We have been to Ochos Rios and loved it and have wanted to go to Labadee for some time now.

Clarea - good to know. Same as CCL if you are not booked Early Saver. I will have to keep an eye on the pricing but I doubt it will go down enough to make up for #3 and #4 being free.

dcedar - the room we booked actually looks a bit larger than what we normally get on CCL. On CCL we just cram into a regular balcony with 4 people. It can't be any smaller than the so-called "Family" balcony we had on NCL this summer - that was a closet by the time you crammed 4 into it!:eek:

Yum! Serve serve yogurt! I am a yogurt lover so that works for me! The kids on the other hand will not like missing out on the ice cream :p

Not too concerned about chocolates or towel animals - although we have had some fun with towel animals in the past with our room stewards ;)

No robes kind of sucks for me as I like to crawl out of bed quietly and go sit out on the balcony and not wake everyone up.

Are there coffee makers or refrigerators in the balcony rooms?

I have heard you are allowed 1 bottle of wine per person over 21, is that true?

Are there coffee makers or refrigerators in the balcony rooms?

I have heard you are allowed 1 bottle of wine per person over 21, is that true?

There is a mini refrigerator - stocked full of snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. Coffee makers are in the suites only.

You may take 2 bottles of wine (750ml) per stateroom. Policy is below:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=309&faqSubjectId=333

Edited by HeartCruzs

Yum! Serve serve yogurt! I am a yogurt lover so that works for me! The kids on the other hand will not like missing out on the ice cream :p

There is a Ben and Jerry's on the ship. However you pay for this seperate.

There is a mini refrigerator - stocked full of snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. Coffee makers are in the suites only.

You may take 2 bottles of wine (750ml) per stateroom. Policy is below:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=309&faqSubjectId=333

Awesome! Thanks!

Guest maddycat

You can get ice cream in the dining room at lunch and dinner. Ice cream is also available in the Windjammer buffet at dinner time.

New to RCCL also and wondering how to chech if there are any price drops. Carnival was so easy to do a fake booking to see. I can't seem to figure out how to check it on RCCL.

Currently booked deck 7 aft and when I go to the web it will only show what is available on deck 6.

Any help or suggestions from the veteran RCCL cruisers?

New to RCCL also and wondering how to chech if there are any price drops. Carnival was so easy to do a fake booking to see. I can't seem to figure out how to check it on RCCL.

Currently booked deck 7 aft and when I go to the web it will only show what is available on deck 6.

Any help or suggestions from the veteran RCCL cruisers?

Hi - I'm on my first RCI cruise this October. You don't have to make a fake reservation to see if the price has gone down. I just checked the RCI website, found the lower rate, called RCI and they rebooked at the lower fare. When I came here to tell my roll call, one of the other members had already put in a post about the price drop - and it was from Cruise Critic - go do a search on "price drop" and you'll get the site.

Meaclasact2

Thnx. Just trying to figure out if E1 on deck 6 is the same as E1 on deck 7. I'm thinking it is , just not sure. I'll probably just call and patiently wait on hold and talk to someone.

Don't miss the wonderful Viking Crown Lounge (not sure of the name) at the top of every RCCL ship. Wonderful QUIET place to read or nap with lovely view.

Happy sails.:)

Kathy

Maybe not Quantum class.:(

Royal has no equivalent to the Carnival "Early Saver" fare. Royal will give you price drops up to final payment date (with some exceptions), but after final payment date there is no credit of any kind for a price drop.

After the final payment , there was a WOW promotion and they gave me the promotion as an OBC. I guess, good things happen to those who ask!

After the final payment , there was a WOW promotion and they gave me the promotion as an OBC. I guess, good things happen to those who ask!

That's very surprising. Was it still before final payment date, i.e., you paid the cruise off early?

Edited by clarea