Gem vs Breakaway for Teens

TravelinFam

Traveling with our 16 DS...the cruises we've been to with him in the past with our son have been DCL...and he really enjoyed the teen club.

He returns with a handful of friends each and continues to stay in touch with them.

That being said...the teen club in the Breakaway sounds like its right up alley.

But what about Gem :confused: ...does it have a teen club? What is it like compared to the Breakaway?

Thank you!

We have sailed NCL on the Jewel and the Breakaway with teens - they loved both of them. They would go the first night, and we would see them again at the end of the cruise (okay, we saw them a little bit).

Ds15 LOVED the guy who ran the club on the Breakaway - told me to make sure I tipped him - lol. Apparently he's really funny.

We have sailed NCL on the Jewel and the Breakaway with teens - they loved both of them. They would go the first night, and we would see them again at the end of the cruise (okay, we saw them a little bit).

Ds15 LOVED the guy who ran the club on the Breakaway - told me to make sure I tipped him - lol. Apparently he's really funny.

Love it! Wonderful news! Thank you...this cruise is a gift to our son...he doesn't know anything about it yet...:D

Thank you!

Edited by TravelinFam

Even without using the teen club, the breakaway has so many things to keep him occupied... Rope course, the plank, minigolf, bowling, bAsketball, waterslides playing pool in o'sheehans and darts Love the gem but i think breakaway has a bit more for teens..

Even without using the teen club, the breakaway has so many things to keep him occupied... Rope course, the plank, minigolf, bowling, bAsketball, waterslides playing pool in o'sheehans and darts Love the gem but i think breakaway has a bit more for teens..

Yes, thank you so much :D...we know he would love that. But he is an only child and on our previous DCL cruises he looked forward going to a place just for teens and making new friends ;) ...he made sure to attend the meet & greet or ice breakers to get to know everyone.

This may be a deciding factor since the cruise is our gift for him...