NCL EPIC ??s for those who were just on it

JENNIEB

Hi Epic Friends--

Will be going on the EPIC in April and I tried to do a search first on the boards but got some conflicting info. Any current info would be great. Thanks in advance.

1)For Pizza delivery onboard is the $5 per pizza, per person, or per order?

2)The Atrium Cafe-is this basically like a Starbucks and you have to pay for the higher end coffees? Is there a cost for the pastries?

3)Bowling - I was told there are 6 lanes - 3 in OShea's pub and 3 in Bliss is this correct? Is it first come first served? What is the cost and does this include shoes?

4)I know Blue Man Group is free but is it offered every night or some nights? Where and when do you get the tickets for this? How long is the show?

5)Is the Taste main dinning room casual at all times or they have formal nights as well? I heard Taste was more casual then Manhattan Room? So for Taste you can go casual every night? I am assuming casual is khakis for the guys? Did Taste and Manhattan have different menus or were they the same for dinner?

6)Have you been in the ice bar? I know there is an entree fee but if you dont drink can you just peak in there?

7)Is it worth it to do the Posh Beach Club? What is the current cost to get in? Where and when do you get the passes?

Any other tips pros/cons you might have? Thanks in advance.

You pay for the coffee in the Atrium but not currently the food. However, if is converting into a Carlos bake shop (in March I think), after which it will be chargeable.

Bowling is first come first served. $5 each from memory. We've never had trouble getting a game.

Blue Men are on most nights, but not all. You can reserve places online from 45 days out or onboard. You need a reservation to guarantee entry, but there is a standby line. Show is just over an hour I think .

Dress code is the same every night. Taste is more casual than Manhattan. No formal nights. Menu is slightly different between the two.

Can't really help on the others.

Edited by KeithJenner

#1 Pizza is $5.00 per order.

#6 No! Tried to peek in, not allowed without entry fee.

#7 Posh entry is extremely limited and requires luck. It cost around $50.00 for week. They only sell around 20 passes. You have to be in boarding group #1 -2-3. We were in group 3. Headed to guest services immediately after boarding and got passes 11 &12. I think they were gone by the time we were processed. We thoroughly enjoyed Posh. No fighting for lounge space.

What is the POSH beach club?

Posh Beach Club is a private outside venue for suite guests (complimentary) and those few first ones onboard able to purchase the pass. Posh has loungers, seating groups with umbrellas etc, a bar and attendants serving fresh fruits, cold towels etc. We tried to get passes last February but were in boarding group 4 and were first ones in the line who didn't get the passes, they sold out just before our party.

Here is a pic of the Posh area from NCL's site:

ncl_Epic_Public_Posh_MW.jpg

Edited by Demonyte

Does anyone know what hours Posh is open or if it's open 24/7?

Also, is Posh quiet during the day or are they blasting music? I'm not sure if everyone in our group would be a fan of that, so I figured I should check before they try to get passes. Thanks!

6)Have you been in the ice bar? I know there is an entree fee but if you dont drink can you just peak in there?

We went to the ice bar. They have non-alcoholic drinks available if you don't drink alcohol. It was a fun experience to do with friends.

Also, is Posh quiet during the day or are they blasting music? I'm not sure if everyone in our group would be a fan of that, so I figured I should check before they try to get passes. Thanks!

I would also like to know this. Is the bar in posh open at night?

Hi Epic Friends--

Will be going on the EPIC in April and I tried to do a search first on the boards but got some conflicting info. Any current info would be great. Thanks in advance.

2)The Atrium Cafe-is this basically like a Starbucks and you have to pay for the higher end coffees? Is there a cost for the pastries?

3)Bowling - I was told there are 6 lanes - 3 in OShea's pub and 3 in Bliss is this correct? Is it first come first served? What is the cost and does this include shoes?

4)I know Blue Man Group is free but is it offered every night or some nights? Where and when do you get the tickets for this? How long is the show?

5)Is the Taste main dinning room casual at all times or they have formal nights as well? I heard Taste was more casual then Manhattan Room? So for Taste you can go casual every night? I am assuming casual is khakis for the guys? Did Taste and Manhattan have different menus or were they the same for dinner?

7)Is it worth it to do the Posh Beach Club? What is the current cost to get in? Where and when do you get the passes?

1. Pizza is $5 per pizza. It is a very large 16-inch round pie.

2. Correct. No charge for pastries but I believe you have to purchase something there. I don't drink coffee so I can't remember the specifics.

3. Bowling venues - you are correct. First come first serve. Cost is $5 per game, per person and includes shoe rental. You must have socks. Bring your own or you can buy a pair there.

4. Not offered every night. Show runs 1 hour 20 minutes.

5. Dress code is the same. Khakis are fine. Menus are basically the same - you may have a different variation of a sauce or cut of meat.

6. You cannot enter the Ice Bar without paying. It is worth it. You get two drinks from the menu (no other choices). There are non-alcoholic drinks as well (again from set menu).

7. Passes sell out rapidly when offered.

1. Pizza is $5 per pizza. It is a very large 16-inch round pie.

2. Correct. No charge for pastries but I believe you have to purchase something there. I don't drink coffee so I can't remember the specifics.

3. Bowling venues - you are correct. First come first serve. Cost is $5 per game, per person and includes shoe rental. You must have socks. Bring your own or you can buy a pair there.

4. Not offered every night. Show runs 1 hour 20 minutes.

5. Dress code is the same. Khakis are fine. Menus are basically the same - you may have a different variation of a sauce or cut of meat.

6. You cannot enter the Ice Bar without paying. It is worth it. You get two drinks from the menu (no other choices). There are non-alcoholic drinks as well (again from set menu).

7. Passes sell out rapidly when offered.

Only thing to add....

1. There is also a pizza station in the buffet where most of the day they are making pizza. There is no charge up there.

2. The coffee is Lavazza (an Italian brand) that I think is better than Starbucks. They have brewed coffee (complimentary) and charge for the fancy drinks.

3. If you don't prebook BlueMan group before boarding there is a box-office on the ship and you can also book through the TV in your room. No printed tickets it is all done electronically using your key card. When they do not have Blue Man group they will have a different show on.

If you are looking for a quit place on deck and don't do Posh. This a deck open to everyone (that many people don't know about) away from the music (quite) and usually under used. It is above the buffet area. You access it through one of the two glass elevators just outside the buffet area. The elevator on side does into the suite area the opposite elevator takes you the public deck. It is not as nice as posh but on the same level and not very busy.

#7 Posh entry is extremely limited and requires luck. It cost around $50.00 for week. They only sell around 20 passes. You have to be in boarding group #1 -2-3. We were in group 3. Headed to guest services immediately after boarding and got passes 11 &12. I think they were gone by the time we were processed. We thoroughly enjoyed Posh. No fighting for lounge space.

We were in boarding group #7 and got Posh passes for the most recent trip (Mar 2 - Mar 9) - there were people behind us who got the last two.

Posh is only open until 5 p.m., I think. You can hear the music from the pool deck, but it's at a manageable and tolerable volume. It's outrageously loud on the pool deck.

Thanks for everyone's help it is appreciated. I have a new batch of questions for you about the EPIC. Thanks

1)What time generally do things like Blue Man, Impersonator show, Comedy show, Howling at the Moon, and Cirque start? Are there 2 shows or just 1 per night of the big shows? Is Blue Man every night?

2)When is the Latitudes past guest party? Is there the usual free drinks and apps?

3)Which self serve free beverages are there and is it only in the garden buffet?

4)Anywhere to get free coffee drinks such as lattes, cappucinos? Are they free in the MDRs?

5)What night is formal night on the 7 day Western Caribbean itin? Is it one or 2 nights? Is anyone really in tuxs?

6)Do they have "self serve" at disembarkation - where you carry off your own luggage and get to be the first off the ship? What time does that usual start?

7)What is the cost for the spa passes for the week or day? Is it worth it?

Thanks for everyone's help it is appreciated. I have a new batch of questions for you about the EPIC. Thanks

1)What time generally do things like Blue Man, Impersonator show, Comedy show, Howling at the Moon, and Cirque start? Are there 2 shows or just 1 per night of the big shows? Is Blue Man every night?

2)When is the Latitudes past guest party? Is there the usual free drinks and apps?

3)Which self serve free beverages are there and is it only in the garden buffet?

4)Anywhere to get free coffee drinks such as lattes, cappucinos? Are they free in the MDRs?

5)What night is formal night on the 7 day Western Caribbean itin? Is it one or 2 nights? Is anyone really in tuxs?

6)Do they have "self serve" at disembarkation - where you carry off your own luggage and get to be the first off the ship? What time does that usual start?

I'll answer what I can again:

1) Blue Men were at 7pm and 10pm last year in the Med. I assume times are similar in the Caribbean. Cirque was 6.30 and 9.30 although they just had one show (8.30) on the first night. Howl at the Moon started at 10pm, but that is one which may well be different for you as the entertainment in Headliners is different for the Med.

2) I've never bothered I'm afraid, so can't answer.

3) I'm only aware of this in the buffet.

4) The free coffee in the buffet isn't much good. Lattes and Cappucinos in the Atrium cost. If I've ever got a coffee in a restaurant it has been an espresso and they usually charge (although on occasion I've got them for free).

5) There is no formal night at all. Even "dress up or not" night is now "Norwegian Night Out" and usually there is no mention of dress. I believe that more people do dress up on that night, but I'm afraid I can't tell you which night it is. I never really notice it.

6) Yes they do. You can walk off quite early, but it depends on factors like the itinerary and port. Could be as early as 5am though if you dock early enough.

7) Don't know, sorry.

3 - They have lemonade, ice tea, mango/peach(?) water, strawberry/kiwi water for free. All very tasty. They are available at the buffet AND the outdoor grill area by the pool.

I have also attached a photo of the Room Service pizza ($5)

T.

Pizza.jpg.3245bdaee9e906eccd97f9f9bd9d07ab.jpg

Hi Epic Friends--

I JUST got off the Epic and can answer almost all these questions for you.

1) It is $5 per pizza. We really enjoyed the pizza's and they were fairly large. This was not a small personal pizza. Something we found nice about it was this. If you order room service after midnight there is a $3.95 charge. If you add a pizza to that order for $5 they wave the charge and allow you to order additional room service items. I would rather get a pizza for $1 more then "throwaway" 3.95 just to order

2) You do pay for the coffee, but the pastries were free.

3) You are correct about the number of lanes and the placement. The cost is $5 per person/per game and it does include shoes. The bowling is not open all the time so you will have to ask around about it, but there always seemed to be an open lane when they were open so it is very easy to bowl a game.

4) Blue man was offered on...I believe 4 nights of the cruise. You WILL need reservations. They do have standby available, but you will have to take the left over seats. You can make the reservation online before you leave. If you miss your show simply call the ticket booth and they will set you up a new reservation. There were plenty of reservations on the boat at the start of the cruise but they did fill up as the week went on.

5) The whole boat was casual. Manhattan room I believe did have some "rules" about dress, but pants and a shirt with shoes would be good enough. This was our first NCL in over 10 years, and we will pack MUCH lighter next time. We had no need at all for all of our nice clothes.

6) The Ice Bar...I am torn on the Ice Bar. I have been to the one in Vegas (Minus 17) so this one did not really compare. There was no way to look inside from what I saw. You have to pay the $20 to get in (Seeing it is 90% of the draw). The drinks available were all pretty bad. It is a really fun experience however if you have never been to a full ice bar. I dont want to scare you away from it, as the experience is really what you are paying for. DRESS WARM. The Parka's provided were terrible. In Vegas you had a very way full jacket...on NCL they are poncho style jackets that only look warm. One VERY nice thing about NCL was they allow you to take a camera in to take pictures. In Vegas they dont and charge you an arm and a leg for the pictures they take. In the end I would recommend it fully if you have never seen an Ice Bar.

7) Posh is 100% without a doubt worth it. It cost $59 to get a pass. You will need to get to the port early to snag one as they only sell 20, but I was in boarding group 3 (first person in the group mind you) and I went right to guest services (Down the escalator when you board) and asked for them. I was only the second person to ask about them and easily got two. Now...the Posh experience....it was awesome. Drinks are much better up there, the staff (Rhoe, and Burton specifically) were amazing. It is very peaceful up there. There was always a beautiful lounger, bed, or clamshell to lay in. The people were MUCH more friendly. The sailaway party was flowing with free drinks. It was the best money we spent on board. Having access to the private elevator from the pool deck was fun too.

My Tips to you:

- My Biggest "tip" is this. GO SEE NADEEN the Hypnotist. Go to her shows. Go to her training sessions. Talk to her is you see her out and about. The Shows are VERY VERY funny. She allows you to volunteer if you so wish and I would recommend it as it is a GREAT experience. Go to the training sessions. In them she show you the more serious side to hypnotist, answer questions, and even does a group session that will have you walking out feeling better then you have in years. I know this might sound strange, but it made this vacation something I will never forget. She is so genuine and fun to talk. You can tell that she really loves what she does. You will not regret seeing her. We went to every performance they were that good.

- Skip Mederno....It was very underwhelming....I have been to several different places like this, and it was FAR below land standards. Was absolutely NOT worth the cover charge. The service in this establishment was all FAR below that of the rest of the ship.

- Enjoy yourself. It is a beautiful boat, was setup VERY well, and had a really good staff overall.

Hope this was helpful

6&8

7) Posh is 100% without a doubt worth it. It cost $59 to get a pass. You will need to get to the port early to snag one as they only sell 20, but I was in boarding group 3 (first person in the group mind you) and I went right to guest services (Down the escalator when you board) and asked for them. I was only the second person to ask about them and easily got two. Now...the Posh experience....it was awesome. Drinks are much better up there, the staff (Rhoe, and Burton specifically) were amazing. It is very peaceful up there. There was always a beautiful lounger, bed, or clamshell to lay in. The people were MUCH more friendly. The sailaway party was flowing with free drinks. It was the best money we spent on board. Having access to the private elevator from the pool deck was fun too.

Thanks for all of the great info! You mention guest services is down the escalator when you board. Does it matter which terminal? Our docs say Terminal C.

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the great info! You mention guest services is down the escalator when you board. Does it matter which terminal? Our docs say Terminal C.

Thanks!

Terminal C is at the Port. That shows where the ship is docked. When you enter you will enter into the Casino. You should see the escalators, or just ask one of the staff they will quickly point you there. At the bottom of the escalators you will see guest services up a bit to the right, you cant miss it.

6&8

Terminal C is at the Port. That shows where the ship is docked. When you enter you will enter into the Casino. You should see the escalators, or just ask one of the staff they will quickly point you there. At the bottom of the escalators you will see guest services up a bit to the right, you cant miss it.

6&8

It is actually up and to the left. I apologize for the mistake.

6&8

2)When is the Latitudes past guest party? Is there the usual free drinks and apps? It was on the first sea day and we skipped it.

1) Show times vary but most night's there are two except for Howl at the Moon. You can come and go as you wish with them and it gets better after 11pm.

2) It was on the first sea day and we skipped it.

3) there is water, tea, lemonade and some other fruity drinks (kiwi strawberry or something) in the buffet and on the pool deck.

4) Plain coffee is free everywhere but lattes and cappucinos cost everywhere.

5) It was the first sea day and we only saw a couple people in tuxes. Most everyone else was just casual (including people in shorts in the dining areas).

6) Yes and it started around 7:30/7:45. It all depends on when the ship is cleared.

7) It was $199 per person. Since we were in the Haven we decided not to this trip. We had 2 couples massages and spent our spa money there instead.

Hope this helps!

6&8

It is actually up and to the left. I apologize for the mistake.

6&8

Thanks... I know that Terminal C is at the port, but from reading on here it seems that they board the Epic from Terminal B and Terminal C, so I was wondering which boarding point your instructions were from.