Driver's License and Passport Question

MickeyNicki

I will be sailing out of New Orleans in a little over a week. I started getting everything together and realized my license does not have the correct address on it. It is not expired. It expires next month after we get back. I do have a passport, but I see you need a photo ID as well at check-in. Is the incorrect address on my ID going to cause me problems? I filled out a form with the DOT when we moved, but they did not issue a new license. Thank you for any information you can provide.

I will be sailing out of New Orleans in a little over a week. I started getting everything together and realized my license does not have the correct address on it. It is not expired. It expires next month after we get back. I do have a passport, but I see you need a photo ID as well at check-in. Is the incorrect address on my ID going to cause me problems? I filled out a form with the DOT when we moved, but they did not issue a new license. Thank you for any information you can provide.

Your passport is a photo ID. Having the correct address on your driver's license isn't a requirement. You won't be asked for your driver's license, if you use your passport.

If you have a valid passport you do NOT need the picture ID. A valid passport is all you will ever need to cruise and/or fly. IF you do NOT have a passport, then you will need a picture ID and a birth certificate. If your name has changed due to marriage (Ladies) have your marriage certificate as well to show the name change. A current passport is always the best way to travel as if something happens while on the cruise the ID and birth certificate will hinder you when trying to get back into the US via air.

This is why I thought I needed a photo ID as well as proof of citizenship (in my case, my passport). From Carnival web site:

Photo Identification

In addition to proof of citizenship, a non-expired government-issued photo I.D is required of all guests 16 years of age and older. The following are acceptable:

• Driver’s License

This is why I thought I needed a photo ID as well as proof of citizenship (in my case, my passport). From Carnival web site:

Photo Identification

In addition to proof of citizenship, a non-expired government-issued photo I.D is required of all guests 16 years of age and older. The following are acceptable:

• Driver’s License

you need a photo id to get back on the pier at most ports. They are not looking at your address.

they want to see that you match your photo.

you need a photo id to get back on the pier at most ports. They are not looking at your address.

they want to see that you match your photo.

Thank you! If you take your passport off the ship, can you use that rather than your DL to re-board?

Thank you! If you take your passport off the ship, can you use that rather than your DL to re-board?

On every one of my 7 cruises, they have wanted to see your sail and sign card, not a picture ID. They scan it in the machine when you get back onboard and your picture pops up for them on the scanner-the same picture they take of you when you first board. I've personally never seen anyone get back on board without using their S & S card.

On every one of my 7 cruises, they have wanted to see your sail and sign card, not a picture ID. They scan it in the machine when you get back onboard and your picture pops up for them on the scanner-the same picture they take of you when you first board. I've personally never seen anyone get back on board without using their S & S card.

But you usually need a photo ID to get past security at the pier to get back on the ship

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

thats once you get back on the ship. when you are dinging your card back in its letting the ship know how many people are still out and about.

MANY piers do not allow access with out the photo id and sign and sail card